Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Working Out Austin Collie

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jets Working Out Austin Collie

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    Jets are working out former Colts WR Austin Collie today, per team source. Collie also has worked out for Pats and Niners.

Hall Of Fame
    Are we conducting a concussion study as well? Robinson and Collie.

Maybe these visits will serve to light a fire under our WRs. I have a hard time seeing either of these guys getting signed b.c of their health. Shame b.c we could use them if they were healthy.

Veteran
    I can't believe there is a Doctor out there that would clear Collie for contact. That guy should hang up the cleats.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I can't believe there is a Doctor out there that would clear Collie for contact. That guy should hang up the cleats.
    While I agree with this assessment as it is very dangerous for him to continue playing, if he is healthy I think he could really flourish in a precision offense like MM runs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    While I agree with this assessment as it is very dangerous for him to continue playing, if he is healthy I think he could really flourish in a precision offense like MM runs.
    Based on what we have seen with players like Chrebet I am not sure if guys that have had multiple concussion are ever healthy again. Seems like after the first couple they just occur more easily.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I agree, Collie when healthy is a perfect fit for this offense. I am not sure how many concussions he can sustain before someone tells him he HAS to call it quits.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who's next? Jahvid Best?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Who's next? Jahvid Best?
    Ban

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Are we conducting a concussion study as well? Robinson and Collie.

Maybe these visits will serve to light a fire under our WRs. I have a hard time seeing either of these guys getting signed b.c of their health. Shame b.c we could use them if they were healthy.
    If I'm a young, healthy, uninjured WR with potential, the only thing being lit when I hear the team is looking at Robinson and Collie is a celebratory blunt knowing my competition is virtually nil

Who's next? Jahvid Best?
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Based on what we have seen with players like Chrebet I am not sure if guys that have had multiple concussion are ever healthy again. Seems like after the first couple they just occur more easily.
    Who needs facts when you have hope. Everyone knows once you have multiple concussions (brain bruises) that it doesn't take much to get another one.( much more likely to happen)

Forget long term the likely hood of a person staying healthy for s season with that kind of history, is about as good as depending on Santonio Holmes to be an answer at Wr. ( Jets looking at Wr with these medical concerns screams they don't have much faith in Santonio Holmes coming back)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Collie wouldnt last through camp with his concussion history. He was a nice player at one point but I can't see the point of bringing him in now

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    If I'm a young, healthy, uninjured WR with potential, the only thing being lit when I hear the team is looking at Robinson and Collie is a celebratory blunt knowing my competition is virtually nil

LMAO.

Well done.

Who's next? Jahvid Best?
    Nah, ya boy AHern, as soon as he gets aquitted of all those murders.

Who's next? Jahvid Best?
    Your pats brought him in for a look too, can't hate on our team and not yours.

Every player we look at now will have some sort of issue, or they would not be available, Robinson and Collie would offer some competent depth at the position.

I always like Collie he is a real warrior. Sadly the days of warriors in the NFL are gone. He is more of less a law suit waiting to happen now. He is a high risk low reward right now IMO. Maybe worth it for a team in dire need at WR like the Pats. I just dont think we fit that bill right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I always like Collie he is a real warrior. Sadly the days of warriors in the NFL are gone. He is more of less a law suit waiting to happen now. He is a high risk low reward right now IMO. Maybe worth it for a team in dire need at WR like the Pats. I just dont think we fit that bill right now.
    Isn't that a wonderfully ironic reality?!

Their D is hot garbage, They have no run game, now they have no receivers. HAHA!
    Brady can't block, run, and pass it to himself, and he's far too much of a pvssy anyways.
    I can't wait to watch the wheels fall off that bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Isn't that a wonderfully ironic reality?!

Their D is hot garbage, They have no run game, now they have no receivers. HAHA!
    Brady can't block, run, and pass it to himself, and he's far too much of a pvssy anyways.
    I can't wait to watch the wheels fall off that bandwagon!
    Their D isnt that bad just a lot of asses and aging talent. They may have the best RB core in the league to help Brady as well.

He was a good WR, but those concussions are just too much risk IMO. It's not just the upside, but even if he makes the roster, you would have to figure one hit could knock him out. And then we'd be losing on one extra player we could've been developing that had to be dropped because they needed a roster spot for Collie. If it was any other type of injury, where you could make a full recovery, then I'd be for it, but concussions are just too risky at this point.