Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going SOLAR, B1TCHESSSSS!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Going SOLAR, B1TCHESSSSS!!!!!

20 yr lease from Solar City. I figured I wasn't going to wait around for Cuomo to mess with LIPA and Indian Point, so I'll be running my Kenmores off the sun.

In case you're wondering how close my panels will be sitting: approx 93 million miles, and off-axis to boot.

Friggin liberal moonbat

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Friggin liberal moonbat
    not a redneck survivalist? you're an enigma

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    not a redneck survivalist? you're an enigma
    Lets party soon.

Hall Of Fame
    How does that work?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

20 yr lease from Solar City. I figured I wasn't going to wait around for Cuomo to mess with LIPA and Indian Point, so I'll be running my Kenmores off the sun.

In case you're wondering how close my panels will be sitting: approx 93 million miles, and off-axis to boot.

I heard lubing them with suncsreen to kepe their vicosity is labort intensive.

At first Its all like oh I have the panels and then its all oh my g, ladders and some such.

Ask PaulireG he is from New Jersey.

-

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

And he was made a mod.

SO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    And he was made a mod.

SO.
    Jersey isnbt even like NY's hat, its like the back f NY's pants if we were facing eh Ocean. Bent ofver.

lol

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jersey isnbt even like NY's hat, its like the back f NY's pants if we were facing eh Ocean. Bent ofver.

lol

-
    Well, this is a shame.

Jets Insider VIP

lol

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Well, this is a shame.
    Lol..nothing to do with giant solar panels, so typical of Jerseyarites.

hoho

full of teh windoz, this

Bewildered Beast

Join me at MoonBeam Central; my PG&E bill was $14.

$114/mo for the solar install

Bewildered Beast
    Lol..nothing to do with giant solar panels, so typical of Jerseyarites.

hoho

GHe's back! Brother where you been?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How does that work?
    Well, its a giant ball of gas at the center of our solar system (no, not 32g after a few cocktails), atomic fusion, with hydrogen and whatnot. Should last another couple of million years.

Solar City does all the maintenance, including some guy who stops by to clean seagull poop off. For an extra $10 a month (available in January), I'll have a battery to store electricity so I can keep running during powerouts.

I'll be paying $40/month for the lease, selling back the extra power to LIPA, and paying NADA for electricity.
    Last edited by quantum; 07-23-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Well, its a giant ball of gas at the center of our solar system (no, not 32g after a few cocktails), atomic fusion, with hydrogen and whatnot. Should last another couple of million years.

Solar City does all the maintenance, including some guy who stops by to clean seagull poop off. For an extra $10 a month (available in January), I'll have a battery to store electricity so I can keep running during powerouts.

I'll be paying $40/month for the lease, selling back the extra power to LIPA, and paying NADA for electricity.
    So for $50/month you basically don't pay an electric bill for 20 years. Does LIPA cut you a check? How long does the battery backup last? Does it backup the entire house or just the essentials?

Please keep this thread updated. I am very interested in getting solar. I would love to here yours and others experiences.

Thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So for $50/month you basically don't pay an electric bill for 20 years. Does LIPA cut you a check? How long does the battery backup last? Does it backup the entire house or just the essentials?
    based on my usage, the battery should power my house for 3 days if there was no sunlight. I could make it last longer by not using TVs, computers, etc.

LIPA will settle up at the end of each year (spinning meter forward minus spinning meter backward, up to 105% of what I generate). I don't think they send me a check, just credit my account. LIPA will still charge me a token amount for connecting to their grid and for line maintenance; that was estimated to be about $21/yr.

Plus, its a big selling point when I sell my house, and the lease is easily transferable.

Hall Of Fame
    based on my usage, the battery should power my house for 3 days if there was no sunlight. I could make it last longer by not using TVs, computers, etc.

LIPA will settle up at the end of each year (spinning meter forward minus spinning meter backward, up to 105% of what I generate). I don't think they send me a check, just credit my account. LIPA will still charge me a token amount for connecting to their grid and for line maintenance; that was estimated to be about $21/yr.

Plus, its a big selling point when I sell my house, and the lease is easily transferable.
    Sounds like a sweet deal. Congrats.

Trying to think of a way to thread crap, but I Got nuthin.

Good deal Q. Congrats.