Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A-Rod going to receive life-time ban?

A-Rod going to receive life-time ban?

Would free $120 million for the Yankees

Jim Axelrod of the CBS Evening News is reporting that Alex Rodriguez could be facing a lifetime ban from Major League Baseball.Not confirmed
    Too good to be true.

My sense is that this just posturing to pressure him to accept a deal.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 07-23-2013 at 06:27 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post

Too good to be true.

That kind of money would make for the mother of all legal battles.

Would prolly be very, very, very bad for MLB

All League

Too good to be true.

That kind of money would make for the mother of all legal battles.

Would prolly be very, very, very bad for MLB

Hall Of Fame
    Bud trying to save his legacy. Too late. How bout some lifetime bans for the wife beaters and felons?

MLBPA was once the strongest union in America. Don't want to knock the new guy b.c he is sick but the owners "won" the last CBA and Braun laid down without a fight. Say what you want about Fehr but he was a wizard for the players. Hope A-Rod fights this. I am one of the few Yankee fans that appreciates the guy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bud trying to save his legacy. Too late. How bout some lifetime bans for the wife beaters and felons?

MLBPA was once the strongest union in America. Don't want to knock the new guy b.c he is sick but the owners "won" the last CBA and Braun laid down without a fight. Say what you want about Fehr but he was a wizard for the players. Hope A-Rod fights this. I am one of the few Yankee fans that appreciates the guy.
    I haven't read anything about Braun so I don't know what the logic he used. But maybe he gave up his lowest paid 65 games remaining on his contract?

A court battle with MLB using a slimy doctor as their chief witness and the threat of A-Rod going "Canseco" and outing everyone would be really, really bad for Baseball.

How the heck can anyone appreciate ARod at this point? I've never been a hater, but at this point he's been at minimum a huge distraction. Frankly I'd give back 2009 if it meant getting rid of this guy and his contract. Enough is enough, the Yankees can't move on as a franchise until he's gone for good.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 07-23-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I haven't read anything about Braun so I don't know what the logic he used. But maybe he gave up his lowest paid 65 games remaining on his contract?

A court battle with MLB using a slimy doctor as their chief witness and the threat of A-Rod going "Canseco" and outing everyone would be really, really bad for Baseball.
    That is the problem I have. Their lead witness is a low life THAT TRIED TO EXTORT AROD. And the only reason why he is helping MLB is b.c MLB is helping him avoid federal charges. This would never hold up in a real court of law. BUT in the CBA the players negotiated that MLB is allowed to suspend a player even without a positive test. That was a horrible decision on behalf of the MLBPA.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...oping-scandal/

The executive said it's not a matter of "if" Rodriguez will be suspended for using performance enhancing drugs, but "when."

"They have an overwhelming amount of evidence on this guy showing multiple years of usage," the executive said. "He's met with Major League Baseball. He's seen the evidence. He is staring down a penalty much, much harsher than Braun's. It could be years... or even a lifetime suspension."

And according to the MLB executive CBS News spoke with, baseball has a lot more on Rodriguez than just drug use.

"They are looking into his use, and also whether he lied, whether he obstructed the investigation and whether he got other players involved."

Hall Of Fame
    How the heck can anyone appreciate ARod at this point? I've never been a hater, but at this point he's been at minimum a huge distraction. Frankly I'd give back 2009 if it meant getting rid of this guy and his contract. Enough is enough, the Yankees can't move on as a franchise until he's gone for good.
    Because it is obvious there is a witch hunt that is out to get him. His name was the only name that was leaked from the 2003 tests. There are dozens of other players that are going about their business while he was the scapegoat. And this most current investigation is highly controversial.

I would never give back a WS. 2009 does not happen without ARod.

The way I see it is that these guys took drugs. Oh well. I smoke weed. ARod is not beating his wife and missing his child support payments. He is just an incredibly insecure person that was willing to do anything to stay on top. And as a fan I can appreciate that on some level.

I know I am in the minority. But ESPN, the Daily News and Bud Selig can all go fvck themselves.

All League
    so you could care less about a "deal being a deal' or fairness or ethics you just want the Yankees to win. And that is all that matters.

Nice

And according to the MLB executive CBS News spoke with, baseball has a lot more on Rodriguez than just drug use.

"They are looking into his use, and also whether he lied, whether he obstructed the investigation and whether he got other players involved."
    Translation A-rod is the SCAPEGOAT the owners and the union both want

Banned
    He is just an incredibly insecure person that was willing to do anything to stay on top. And as a fan I can appreciate that on some level.
    So you like Belichick?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    so you could care less about a "deal being a deal' or fairness or ethics you just want the Yankees to win. And that is all that matters.

Nice

Translation A-rod is the SCAPEGOAT the owners and the union both want
    First, ethics when it comes to A-Rod, hilarious.

And I guess you missed the part where I said I'd give back 2009 to get rid of this guy.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 07-23-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    So you like Belichick?
    Hahahaha. Great point. They r cut from the same cloth.

All League
    First, ethics when it comes to A-Rod, hilarious.

And I guess you missed the part where I said I'd give back 2009 to get rid of this guy.
    please explain?

Hall Of Fame
    So you like Belichick?
    If Belichick was my coach I'd love him. Same for everyone else on this board.

Jets Insider VIP
    So you like Belichick?
    Common, guy DeeDeeNEpats loves Beli more than you do. You haven't figured out that he's a fellow chowd, YET?

Veteran

Appreciate arod? Lol you gotta be kidding

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

So you like Belichick?
    If you like A-Rod then you have to like Belichick, Bonds, Ortiz, Braun etc. or any other cheater.

How many asterisks are we attaching to the Yankees?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    If you like A-Rod then you have to like Belichick, Bonds, Ortiz, Braun etc. or any other cheater.

How many asterisks are we attaching to the Yankees?
    None. b.c players on every MLB team were on roids. Only one team video-taped opponent's practices and sidelines and had the commish destroy the evidence.

Banned
    None. b.c players on every MLB team were on roids.
    Ah the old "everyone was doing it" excuse.