Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A-Rod going to receive life-time ban?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Ah the old "everyone was doing it" excuse.
    Unfortunately your Pats cant use it.

Steroids was part of baseballs culture. There is no getting around that unless you want to delete everything from the late 80s till now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be just like the Yankees luck to be bailed out of one of the worst contracts in the sport.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    None. b.c players on every MLB team were on roids.
    Not in 2009. There are/were some, for sure, but not anywhere near as rampant as 90's through early/mid 2000's.
    Last edited by isired; 07-25-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately your Pats cant use it.

Steroids was part of baseballs culture. There is no getting around that unless you want to delete everything from the late 80s till now.
    Stealing signals and PED's has been a part of the culture of both sports. The only difference is that nobody is crying about the Yankees cheating.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    If you like A-Rod then you have to like Belichick, Bonds, Ortiz, Braun etc. or any other cheater.

How many asterisks are we attaching to the Yankees?
    You should attach the asterisks to every team that has won a WS since 1993. I guarantee you every single team that has won a WS the past 20 years has had at least one player who has used roids. I'll even take it further, every MLB team the past 20 years has had at least one roider.

And I'm not defending Arod I don't give a f*ck about the guy and didn't want him in 2004. We shoulda let the Roid Sox have him to go along with their roiders Ortiz and Manram.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    It would be just like the Yankees luck to be bailed out of one of the worst contracts in the sport.
    That's a longshot if its even possible. Plus Arod is not getting a lifetime ban he will probably get 50-100 games which is a fraction of what's left on his deal. Yankees should just play the guy until he finally gets suspended.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    That's a longshot if its even possible. Plus Arod is not getting a lifetime ban he will probably get 50-100 games which is a fraction of what's left on his deal. Yankees should just play the guy until he finally gets suspended.
    I agree. I have defended Cashman and the Steibrenners in the past but what they have done the past couple of days is Met-like.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I have defended Cashman and the Steibrenners in the past but what they have done the past couple of days is Met-like.
    The whole "let's hide Arod, cross our fingers and hope he goes away stuff" is nonsense. The players union will NEVER let his contract be voided and legally they'd have a great case in that Arod was in fact healthy enough to play. If Hank and Hal are concerned about friggin insurance money they may or may not collect George should be rolling in his grave. George would have never allowed this bs he would have stuck Arod at third in Yankee stadium three weeks ago.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole "let's hide Arod, cross our fingers and hope he goes away stuff" is nonsense. The players union will NEVER let his contract be voided and legally they'd have a great case in that Arod was in fact healthy enough to play. If Hank and Hal are concerned about friggin insurance money they may or may not collect George should be rolling in his grave. George would have never allowed this bs he would have stuck Arod at third in Yankee stadium three weeks ago.
    You have the facts all wrong Yankees were prepared to call up him, even set a date on a Friday in Texas until A-Rod brought up tightness in his quad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bud trying to save his legacy at expense of ARod. Sorry Bud. Too late. This happened on your watch.

What does it say about baseball that the All-time hit king and the three greatest players of the last 25 years will not be in the HOF?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bud trying to save his legacy at expense of ARod. Sorry Bud. Too late. This happened on your watch.

What does it say about baseball that the All-time hit king and the three greatest cheaters of the last 25 years will not be in the HOF?
    Fixed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

What does it say about baseball that the All-time hit king and the three greatest players of the last 25 years will not be in the HOF?
    +1,000,000

Bud Selig is such a f*cking weasel it's hysterical. Barroids, Sosa and McGwire were allowed to rewrite the records books and basically every team in the MLB from '90 on had roiders yet the one guy Selig is calling out martial law on also happens to be most hated player in sports. Way to go after an easy target Buddy boy where were you when Barry Bonds' head grew to the size of Texas in one off-season?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    +1,000,000

Bud Selig is such a f*cking weasel it's hysterical. Barroids, Sosa and McGwire were allowed to rewrite the records books and basically every team in the MLB from '90 on had roiders yet the one guy Selig is calling out martial law on also happens to be most hated player in sports. Way to go after an easy target Buddy boy where were you when Barry Bonds' head grew to the size of Texas in one off-season?
    There is no witch hunt for ARod, other than he may be the most egregious offender. If "reports" are try, AROD not only used, but recruited others to Biogenesis as well tried to destroy evidence.

Let's see how hard ARod fights this, as well what the evidence is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    There is no witch hunt for ARod, other than he may be the most egregious offender. If "reports" are try, AROD not only used, but recruited others to Biogenesis as well tried to destroy evidence.

I'm no defender of ARod. Can't stand him, even before the roids proof. But... I'm quite certain his personality and behavior has also turned off enough people around baseball that it only is making this worse for him.

Mark McGwire is a ML hitting coach, while ARod may be on the verge of a lifetime ban. Mark McGwire's steroid use influenced more roiders in the years after him than ARod could ever recruit to Biogenesis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post

No witch hunt? Please explain why his name was the only leaked name from the 2003 tests?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No witch hunt? Please explain why his name was the only leaked name from the 2003 tests?
    He's a Yankee. All Yankees are bad. There ya go.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Because he has treated many people on the inside like garbage. He's an arrogant prick that's always rubbed people the wrong way. He had it coming.

I'm a Miami boy, I played with and against Arod for years. He's a douchebag and even growing up nobody could stand him. Especially his own teammates.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Because he has treated many people on the inside like garbage. He's an arrogant prick that's always rubbed people the wrong way. He had it coming.

I'm a Miami boy, I played with and against Arod for years. He's a douchebag and even growing up nobody could stand him. Especially his own teammates.
    This. Its not because hes a Yankee, its because when youre a douche, people want to see you get yours.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You have bad information, or aren't paying attention.