Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pats fans can no longer tease Jets fans.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Good luck with that doosh, the media is going to harass the pats all season, every little minutia is going to be blown up, but hey, you still have the AH trial to look forward to. And can't wait for the many questions on why denard is still on the roster when he gets hammered by the judge. I see 2-3 more scandals popping up this year. Circus!!!!!
    I know this is your wish....but evidence to the contrary is already in.

BB being praised as "classy" for yesterday's presser.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Good luck with that doosh, the media is going to harass the pats all season, every little minutia is going to be blown up, but hey, you still have the AH trial to look forward to. And can't wait for the many questions on why denard is still on the roster when he gets hammered by the judge. I see 2-3 more scandals popping up this year. Circus!!!!!
    Yeah, look how the Pats fell apart in 2007 with the media and Spygate. The Pats completely fell apart by the Spygate Circus.

Unlike the Jets, the Pats don't have clowns running the organization who do stupid things like allowing ESPN broadcast live from practice right in ring #3 in their three ring Tebow circus.

And Hernandez won't go to trial until next year.

The Pats aren't the Jets. They know how diffuse distractions, not add fuel to the fire.

You guys are just hoping despite history, that this will become a circus. In a few weeks, you will be crying about media biases when no one in the media will be talking Tebow and Hernandez and Sportcenter leads off with the Sanchez/Geno QB competition every night.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Yeah, look how the Pats fell apart in 2007 with the media and Spygate. The Pats completely fell apart by the Spygate Circus.

Unlike the Jets, the Pats don't have clowns running the organization who do stupid things like allowing ESPN broadcast live from practice right in ring #3 in their three ring Tebow circus.

The Pats aren't the Jets. They know how diffuse distractions, not add fuel to the fire.

You guys are just hoping despite history, that this will become a circus. In a few weeks, you will be crying about media biases when no one in the media will be talking Tebow and Hernandez and Sportcenter leads off with the Sanchez/Geno QB competition every night.
    Hmmm, BB's 2nd presser....questions about AH to open the presser. Followed by Tebow question.

Its not going anywhere and just because the cameras aren't in camp this year (did nothing for ESPN, they don't want to be there..it's not that NE didn't allow it) the talk wont stop.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Hmmm, BB's 2nd presser....questions about AH to open the presser. Followed by Tebow question.

Its not going anywhere and just because the cameras aren't in camp this year (did nothing for ESPN, they don't want to be there..it's not that NE didn't allow it) the talk wont stop.

One Hernandez question (and it wasn't really even a Hernandez question it was how will Belichick address his team about the situation) and two Tebow questions. And Belichick gave the reporters absolutely nothing (in response to Hernandez question, he responded "We address a lot issues with the team").

If you consider that a media circus, what until Barum and Baley's one you will have surrounding your QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    One Hernandez question (and it wasn't really even a Hernandez question it was how will Belichick address his team about the situation) and two Tebow questions. And Belichick gave the reporters absolutely nothing (in response to Hernandez question, he responded "We address a lot issues with the team").

If you consider that a media circus, what until Barum and Baley's one you will have surrounding your QB.
    He addressed the Tebow questions pretty much how the Jets did last year.

Wait....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He addressed the Tebow questions pretty much how the Jets did last year.

Wait....
    The Jets situation with Tebow is absolutely nothing like the Pats' situation:

• The Jets had a press conference to announce Tebow
    • The Jets invited ESPN to broadcast live from their training camp to film the QB competition. The Pats don't even let reporters Tweet during practice.
    • Tebow was fighting for the starting QB job in NY. Tebow is fighting for a roster spot in New England. Right now, Tebow's best shot of making the Pats is at TE.
    • The Jets announced they were having a super secret practice to implement special Tebow packages. Won't have special Tebow packages at all. They certainly won't announce they will have special packages for him.
    • Tebow is currently a bust that no one wanted and couldn't beat Sanchez or even McElroy out for the starting QB job for the Jets. Last year, he was the QB who brought the Broncos to the playoffs.

Jets fans think there will be a Tebow circus in New England, but the Pats have a QB where the Jets didn't. The Jets brought Tebow in to get publicity and sell PSLs (which blew up in their face). The Pats didn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I mean I've heard of it being absolute luck, but this is the first I've heard of it being fixed.

Interesting, and on the surface it makes sense. But I've heard that Carrol Rosenblum, the Colts owner, was distraught after the Jets won and if you watch the 1970 Colts America's Game, they are not happy at that victory because they felt that they should have had a ring to go with it from SBIII.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets situation with Tebow is absolutely nothing like the Pats' situation:

• The Jets had a press conference to announce Tebow
    • The Jets invited ESPN to broadcast live from their training camp to film the QB competition. The Pats don't even let reporters Tweet during practice.
    • Tebow was fighting for the starting QB job in NY. Tebow is fighting for a roster spot in New England. Right now, Tebow's best shot of making the Pats is at TE.
    • The Jets announced they were having a super secret practice to implement special Tebow packages. Won't have special Tebow packages at all. They certainly won't announce they will have special packages for him.
    • Tebow is currently a bust that no one wanted and couldn't beat Sanchez or even McElroy out for the starting QB job for the Jets. Last year, he was the QB who brought the Broncos to the playoffs.

Jets fans think there will be a Tebow circus in New England, but the Pats have a QB where the Jets didn't. The Jets brought Tebow in to get publicity and sell PSLs (which blew up in their face). The Pats didn't.
    I never really thought there was going to be a Tebow circus in NE. Instead there is now a circus surrounding an alleged murderer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

But again: Spygate<<<<<<<<Murder

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that.

AH is about one player going nutty off the field.

Spygate is about systematic long term cheating on the the field.

In the NFL world (compared to reality)...which is more important?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that.

AH is about one player going nutty off the field.

Spygate is about systematic long term cheating on the the field.

In the NFL world (compared to reality)...which is more important?
    Well considering the reactions that every team has done it and seeing how an acquittal still follows Ray Lewis to this day and the concern that the NFL has for their image, I think the murder case is more important because the image that the NFL wants to portray is very important in their world.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well considering the reactions that every team has done it and seeing how an acquittal still follows Ray Lewis to this day and the concern that the NFL has for their image, I think the murder case is more important because the image that the NFL wants to portray is very important in their world.
    The Hernandez murder is more of a big deal than SpyGate to Jets fans? Absolutely not. It's more important than the Jets themselves. The WORLD was cheated. WORLD. ALL OF IT.

Even the kids in Africa who got the t-shirts that let them pretend the WORLD wasn't CHEATED.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-26-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not if you listen to some people on this board. Some people here seem to think Hitler was Mother Theresa compared to Belichick.

But yes, murder is much bigger than Spygate. That said, the Pats can't talk about Hernandez for legal reasons. So unless the media wants to waste their time asking questions that the response will be "I can't talk about that", they will get tired about chasing that story pretty quickly. Media circuses only last if someone fuels the circus by talking to the media or new news stories emerge.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not if you listen to some people on this board. Some people here seem to think Hitler was Mother Theresa compared to Belichick.

But yes, murder is much bigger than Spygate. That said, the Pats can't talk about Hernandez for legal reasons. So unless the media wants to waste their time asking questions that the response will be "I can't talk about that", they will get tired about chasing that story pretty quickly. Media circuses only last if someone fuels the circus by talking to the media or new news stories emerge.
    There is no bigger crime in sports than having the outcome of games being influenced by an uneven playing field. Cheating to the degree the Pats did, as long as they did, putting league championships in question is much worse than a player being a murderer.

The Pats can talk about AH. They're not on trial. Unless they have something to worry about.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no bigger crime in sports than having the outcome of games being influenced by an uneven playing field. Cheating to the degree the Pats did, as long as they did, putting league championships in question is much worse than a player being a murderer.

The Pats can talk about AH. They're not on trial. Unless they have something to worry about.
    The Pats videotaped something that was in plain view of 60,000+ people in the stadium. Yes, it was cheating because it was against the rules, but if they had someone with a piece of paper writing down the signals instead of videotaping them, it would be 100% legal. And videotaping signals was only illegal for one year when Goodell sent out memo saying it was in 2006. Let's put things in perspective.

And even if the Pats committed a scandal the likes of the Black Sox cheating scandal, it wouldn't be 1/1000000000th as bad a murder. Are you really saying Super Bowl Championship is of greater value than a human life? How f**ked up is that.

And members of the Patriots staff and team can and probably will be called as witnesses in Hernandez's trial. No lawyer is going to let their client speak to the media about an open case even if they are just a witness with no involvement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I lived in Boston I'd be miserable too. All the women ther are fat and ugly, the people have annoying accents and everything there closes early as sh*t.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If I lived in Boston I'd be miserable too. All the women ther are fat and ugly, the people have annoying accents and everything there closes early as sh*t.
    Riiiiiiiiight. Detroit seems much better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You're actually not far off at all!

Especially those BEASTS they call "women" up there!
    And everything closing like they're on a curfew.
    And nothing but Dunkin Donuts EVERYWHERE... Baahston RUUUUUUNS on DUNKIN!