61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cro

28 45.90%
  • Revis

33 54.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Season: Cro or Revis?

Better Season: Cro or Revis?

I have been incredibly impressed with everything I have seen on Cro this offseason. He truly appears to be a guy that finally gets it, and now has the leadership and mental toughness to back up him incredible physical abilities which are better than Revis.

He had a fantastic year last year and was amongst the Top 5 in CB play i not higher. I think with Revis gone, the defense is really his and he has stepped up. I expect a career year from him, and improvements from Wilson and the other CBs. Milliner can have an immediate impact.

Revis on the other hand is coming off the ACL, and going to a defense where he will not play lockdown man to man coverage all the time. He will certainly be good, and likely still elite if healthy but I am not sure he will be better than Cro this year. I think he is going to be special.

What are other people's thoughts?

Revis will not be playing week 1.

I bet he doesn't play til week 4. We ALL know how he is
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 07-24-2013 at 02:20 PM.

All League
    Interesting question, based on career and consistency I would say Revis.
    But Revis is coming off of an ACL injury and Cro is playing for his last
    big contract. Considering he's totally healthy, how well he played and
    the incentive of a contract I'll say Cro

Revis is going to come back like never missing a step. lock him in for 1 pick six against the buttfumble for the season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    Revis is going to come back like never missing a step. lock him in for 1 pick six against the buttfumble for the season opener.
    LOL! Funny!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Revis is going to come back like never missing a step.

disagree.

lock him in for 1 pick six against the buttfumble for the season opener.

agree.

I pick Revis, because a healthy Revis on a planet of his own. We're not talking about the best corner in the game right now, but possibly the best corner the league has ever seen. Even a regressed Revis is better than a healthy Cro, because there is a sizable gap between Revis and Cro.

Not saying Cro is horrible, but Revis is a once in a lifetime type player at his position. The only way Revis doesn't beat out Cro is if he gets re-injured, IMO.

All League
    Is this serious ?

Practice Squad
    I picked Cro. Only because Revis is coming off a serious injury and that changes players. They think about it. Every cut, every twist, every hit. Every twinge and tingle. Revis will lose a step.

Cro is fighting for a new contract i believe, he's had a much more productive off season and has matured.

We will see how Revis comes back from injury. If he comes back 100% (which I doubt) he will beat cro easily.

We're not talking about Cro vs Revis in his PRIME here... which has passed Revis IMO.

He's too much of a Diva and he got his paycheck. Now he's gotta look out for his! Can't be hurting that leg!

All Pro
    Cro outplayed Revis last year. Not while Revis was playing, but after Revis went down Cro went on to have a better year. Maybe because teams throw at Cro to give him the chance to make plays, but still. Revis was not having a Revis type year before he got hurt. Then we have to see how they use him in Tampa. I'm going with Cro

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Revis will not be playing week 1.

I bet he doesn't play til week 4. We ALL know how he is
    This is my thought as well. If they really care about that investment they should ease him in.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Cro outplayed Revis last year. Not while Revis was playing, but after Revis went down Cro went on to have a better year. Maybe because teams throw at Cro to give him the chance to make plays, but still. Revis was not having a Revis type year before he got hurt. Then we have to see how they use him in Tampa. I'm going with Cro
    Same here. Revis' injury has shackled him. Cro is fully motivated, mature and better athleticism. I think Revis Prime will not be the force he once was.

Jets Insider VIP
    If Revis plays game 1,
    If the guy throwing is Buttfumble,

Revis' stats from that game alone will put him over the top...

Is this serious? We talking about possibly the greatest cb ever vs cro?

40 years from now I'll still be reminiscing about Revis who would have long been inducted into the hof and be struggling to remember bro-hardy? Pro-farty? Schmo-tardy? You know, that guy that had 15 kids...

And btw, I love how cro played last year but he can't hold revis' s jockstrap

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Cro should, we are in a crap division and Revis faces better qb's.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

as soon as revis steps on the field he is the best CB in the league ... even at 90%

that being said Cro has a good chance to be a top 5 cb in the league

Cro should have an excellent season ... revis will continue to be the best cb since D. Sanders ... if not longer

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I would have answered Revis if he remained a Jet.

And it's also better than OK to be Cro. Hes a really good corner and we're lucky that we traded for him back in the day. When everyone here hated him like Holmes.

I guess this is the start of the weekly follow what Revis is doing while we're glad to be rid of him thread? Up there with "hows BE doing, or how's Chad doing, or hows Shotty doing, or......"

Revis is one of the greediest players to play in the NFL.
    2 hold outs. Wanting QB money. Of course the 1st player we get that is actually the best player at his position in the league, we can't even keep him,lol.
    Meanwhile up 95 north they have the best QB maybe ever signing below market deals to keep his team together.
    Cro at 6 mill or whatever he's getting is better than an ACL repaired Revis at 16 million because now we can afford a pass rush so Cro can jump some routes.

Oh, and there is no way in hell that Revis chances playing unless he's at 110% without a guaranteed long term contract! No way!
    As Jet fans we can be very sure that is not happening. Just ask his uncle.

hmmmm asking a bunch of homer jets fans who's the better player; a guy who they just traded (who lost his respect from the fans because of his greediness) away or another guy fulfilling his role. I hope Cro plays better, but revis thrives off of technique, it's not like he relied on speed, so even if he lost a step he could still be a top corner in the league. Still hate that the jets only got a 1st and 3rd, when if dealt a year prior would have been two #1s