Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Signed......Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think that is a good thing but lets be honest. Who else was calling him? I haven't heard of any other team showing interest.
    Your Pasts* are TOTALLY jelly of our receiving corps... LOLZ!!!

But hey! You have TEBOW at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    They are young, and not completely healthy, not weak.

A healthy Holmes makes this unit a solid one with nice potential.

Holmes, Hill, Kerley is a nice trio when all are healthy. Edwards adds to that.

I think players like Gates is a solid #4 or #5 WR that the team thinks adds depth.

Then the sleepers, Rogers, Davis, Spadola have some promise but are unknowns.
    Im sorry but I disagree. Our receiving corps is weak. Outside of a healthy Holmes (who would be a quality #2 receiver) none of our receivers would be starting on any team outside of maybe bottomfeedrs like Jax, Oakland or Cleveland. Kerley is a nice receiver, best suited for the slot but is not a go to guy yet. I like Rogers and Spadola but there is a reason they went undrafted. Id love to catch lightening in a bottle with one of these UDFA receivers like we did with Chrebet, but reality dictates this is unlikely. These guys are more likely to be the next Chas Gessner, Logan Payne, Royce Pollard, Marcus Henry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Im sorry but I disagree. Our receiving corps is weak. Outside of a healthy Holmes (who would be a quality #2 receiver) none of our receivers would be starting on any team outside of maybe bottomfeedrs like Jax, Oakland or Cleveland. Kerley is a nice receiver, best suited for the slot but is not a go to guy yet. I like Rogers and Spadola but there is a reason they went undrafted. Id love to catch lightening in a bottle with one of these UDFA receivers like we did with Chrebet, but reality dictates this is unlikely. These guys are more likely to be the next Chas Gessner, Logan Payne, Royce Pollard, Marcus Henry.
    Any of those receivers who have Geno.Smith throwing to them Week 1 will be a million miles better than if they had Marky Buttfumbles throwing to them

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    In the little time last season he was here he was easily the best guy we had and a definite weapon. Im not saying he will put up huge numbers but he's not a guy that you can forget about.

Nothing has really changed from the wrs we had last season so seems like a good move.
    THIS!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Nice. Good fit, veteran presence who knows the team and wants to be a Jet. I like it.
    Exactly!! Good Fit!!

Veteran

Arrow

AHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

This is simply Idzy being Idzy. He methodically investigated all possibilities (Sims-Walker, Collie, Robinson, et al) and then pulled the trigger on the best move for the Jets. I don't think we've added a Pro Bowl player, but we did add the best option for this team at a position of need, given the available options.

Rome wasn't built in one offseason, but Rome is better today than it was yesterday.

Vivat Barba!
    Last edited by MykePM; 07-24-2013 at 05:08 PM.

i think this means that holmes will be missing some games. why else would they sign him.

All Pro
    Nope Idzik doesn't like him. He bad mouthed the Jets front office, and he likes Sanchez. I have been told these things, and more, countless times, by highly respected SOJFs right here on JI. Not gonna happen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    i think this means that holmes will be missing some games. why else would they sign him.
    We're already pretty sure Holmes is missing some games. How's it going with Cruz, and Hakeem?

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Makes way too much sense.....good move Idzik
    Glad to have him back in Green and White!!

All Pro
    welcome back Braylon. Hope to see plenty of the Dougie dance this year.

Nothing official, yet. I'm assuming it's taking this long to find out anything because they're getting the contract done.

Literally no down side with this. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Literally no down side with this. Love it.
    he's their best wr, even with holmes. maybe he can help geno adjust to the pro game.

Once this becomes official, I'm changing my "status" from "Re-sign me, Dammit" to "ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME!"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he's their best wr, even with holmes. maybe he can help geno adjust to the pro game.
    If you never watch football, yes, he's better than a healthy Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If you never watch football, yes, he's better than a healthy Holmes.
    Holmes is better at Football and being a Douchebag than Braylon.

I agree.

All League
    I'm most happy for Vin.