Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 136

Thread: Braylon Signed......Maybe.

  1. #81
    Love the signing! Welcome back!

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post








    Once this becomes official, I'm changing my "status" from "Re-sign me, Dammit" to "ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME!"

  3. #83
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,288
    Just in time to start Training Camp at Cortland NY. He'll get plenty of time with both QBs and have time to learn the playbook unlike last season. I think we'll see the old Braylon back this year.

  4. #84
    WOO-HOO!!!

    HELL YEAH!!

  5. #85
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The ZONE, Az
    Posts
    952

    I like the move but........

    I have to say for all the love that the beard is getting, a LOT of people quickly forget that how much disdain they had for his penchant to drop passes as well. Since this seems to be the same issue the rest of our current receivers are having I wouldn't exactly start cheering as if he is some kind of savior. Additionally, everyone is fond of saying how much he WANTS TO play for the Jets when the reality is that people weren't exactly beating down his door and what he really WANTS is to stay in the league and get paid to do something he loves. If another team offered him more money a longer deal under better terms all that wanting to be a jet would be what it is now....hogwash.

    That all being said I never really doubted that we would sign him. I always felt that Idzik was waiting to see how much progress the kids were making and how fast of a healer Holmes is. Since neither seemed to be working in his favor he looked first at the garbage heap at those injury prone players that no-one else wants then as a last resort signed the beard. He wanted to at least give the offense a legitimate chance and knew that Bray is better than nothing.....let's call it what it is.

    http://youtu.be/Dia9XzZoOfQ

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    welcome back Braylon. Hope to see plenty of the Dougie dance this year.

    notice how most of those were the long ball. it's something thats been missing since he's been gone.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    3 catches on 17 passes in the Red Zone over the last 2 seasons, with 1 TD.

    BUT HE'S A GREAT BLOCKER!!!!

    I'm not expecting much, if anything, from Braylon if he's on the team this season.
    Beard >> Holmes x 1000000

  8. #88
    Schefter and Manish reporting that Braylon will sign a one-year deal with the Jets.

  9. #89
    Coz and Rapoport reporting that Braylon will be in camp tomorrow.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Im sorry but I disagree. Our receiving corps is weak. Outside of a healthy Holmes (who would be a quality #2 receiver) none of our receivers would be starting on any team outside of maybe bottomfeedrs like Jax, Oakland or Cleveland. Kerley is a nice receiver, best suited for the slot but is not a go to guy yet. I like Rogers and Spadola but there is a reason they went undrafted. Id love to catch lightening in a bottle with one of these UDFA receivers like we did with Chrebet, but reality dictates this is unlikely. These guys are more likely to be the next Chas Gessner, Logan Payne, Royce Pollard, Marcus Henry.
    Signing Edwards helps Kerley because it allows him to do what he does best which is line up in the slot. Edwards can split wide and go down the field while Kerley runs the inside slant and drag routes. This will help give Suckchez the safety valve he never had last season and if Geno starts he loves to throw to the slot. It even helps Stephen Hill b/c some of the pressure is taken off him plus he'll most likely draw the 3rd or 4th CB instead of the #1 or 2 CB like he did most of last season.


    No-brainer move by the Jets. Edwards won't be a 800 yard 7-9 td guy but he will be someone who can help us win football games early on which is huge because Rex Ryan's teams all feed off emotion.

  11. #91

  12. #92
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,975
    damn, would have liked to see the beard go up against Revis week one.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post
    I have to say for all the love that the beard is getting, a LOT of people quickly forget that how much disdain they had for his penchant to drop passes as well.
    The last full season he had as a Jet.....How many dropped passes did he have?

    People have disdain for the UNFAIR Reputation he gained just 'cause of a very bad season in Cleveland than what he had done since coming in the NFL.

    It's like once he had that season to forget, it automatically stuck in many people's minds. Kind of like with Suckchez and the buttfumble. That is an image that Mark will never get rid of.



    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Signing Edwards helps Kerley because it allows him to do what he does best which is line up in the slot. Edwards can split wide and go down the field while Kerley runs the inside slant and drag routes. This will help give Suckchez the safety valve he never had last season and if Geno starts he loves to throw to the slot. It even helps Stephen Hill b/c some of the pressure is taken off him plus he'll most likely draw the 3rd or 4th CB instead of the #1 or 2 CB like he did most of last season.


    No-brainer move by the Jets. Edwards won't be a 800 yard 7-9 td guy but he will be someone who can help us win football games early on which is huge because Rex Ryan's teams all feed off emotion.


    If nothing else, all Braylon has to do is MOVE THE CHAINS to keep the offense on the field. Some here say he's nothing more than a Possession Receiver now(which I disagree because he's only 30 but anyway...) and that's exactly what the Jets need "POSSESSION" as in BALL POSSESSION.

  14. #94
    Hooray!!!! (maybe) (braylon's headband on the way) I hope he gets his number back.

    It may even be time to resurrect the McKayla Maroney doing the Dougie at the Olympics gif.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 07-24-2013 at 11:29 PM.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The last full season he had as a Jet.....How many dropped passes did he have?

    People have disdain for the UNFAIR Reputation he gained just 'cause of a very bad season in Cleveland than what he had done since coming in the NFL.

    It's like once he had that season to forget, it automatically stuck in many people's minds. Kind of like with Suckchez and the buttfumble. That is an image that Mark will never get rid of.







    If nothing else, all Braylon has to do is MOVE THE CHAINS to keep the offense on the field. Some here say he's nothing more than a Possession Receiver now(which I disagree because he's only 30 but anyway...) and that's exactly what the Jets need "POSSESSION" as in BALL POSSESSION.
    Hell Yeah Bro!! It's Official!!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...or-third-stint



    UPDATE: Edwards will sign a one-year contract with the Jets on Thursday, a source informed of the move told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. The plan is for Edwards to be in training camp Thursday morning.

    Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

  16. #96
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The last full season he had as a Jet.....How many dropped passes did he have?

    People have disdain for the UNFAIR Reputation he gained just 'cause of a very bad season in Cleveland than what he had done since coming in the NFL.

    It's like once he had that season to forget, it automatically stuck in many people's minds. Kind of like with Suckchez and the buttfumble. That is an image that Mark will never get rid of.





    If nothing else, all Braylon has to do is MOVE THE CHAINS to keep the offense on the field. Some here say he's nothing more than a Possession Receiver now(which I disagree because he's only 30 but anyway...) and that's exactly what the Jets need "POSSESSION" as in BALL POSSESSION.
    I was about to post the same. As you know I have a penchant for correcting misinformation such, as Hill dropping more than 6 passes, the oline being bad, Keller, and Laron being great, and Rex being a bad coach.

    Edwards had 4 drops in 2010, with 53 receptions, and 904 yds. Holmes had 5 drops to go with 52 receptions, and 746 yds. Cotchery who everyone is in love with had 41 rec. 433yds, and 9...yes that's 9 dropped passes.

  17. #97
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Hooray!!!! (maybe) (braylon's headband on the way) I hope he gets his number back.

    It may even be time to resurrect the McKayla Maroney doing the Dougie at the Olympics gif.
    That clinches it. Now I'm excited.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Hell Yeah Bro!! It's Official!!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...or-third-stint



    UPDATE: Edwards will sign a one-year contract with the Jets on Thursday, a source informed of the move told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. The plan is for Edwards to be in training camp Thursday morning.

    Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.


    STATUS CHANGE COMPLETED.

    "Spaceball One has now Become....MEGAMAID"


    And it's "ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!!!!"

  19. #99
    Interesting that they brought him back.

    I always figured that the team would much rather just try and develop some of these UFA and see if there is a diamond in the rough there. I like Edwards (also a Michigan football fan) but I think his speed has taken a considerable hit. When he was good, he could fly by a lot of the CBs with 4.4 speed, but not sure he has that speed any more.

    But he is more of a sure thing than the UFA, and should help out in blocking and taking the pressure off a bit, while Holmes recovers. It also makes me wonder, if Izdik or the staff felt that this team might be more competitive than they initially thought, and went for someone that could possibly help THIS year, rather than look more towards the future. Guys like Collie or Edwards are pretty much year to year guys at this point, so their interest in them signals to me atleast that they might just be looking to solidify the team for this year as well at the cost of possibly developing someone for the year after.

  20. #100
    I believe the vet minimum for Braylon is like $840K isn't it? Wonder if that's what he signs for with incentives?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us