Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Braylon Signed......Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Excuse me, you're only half right. After the 2010 season Braylon had put up over 900 receiving yards on 53 catches for an average 17 yards per reception. This was the highest YPR of his career. He also reeled in 7 TD's. Based on this his agent felt he was due a really big payday and they went looking for it. It was discussed here at the time. The stories were that Braylon wanted like $8 to $10 million a season. No way could the Jets afford anything like that, so he tested the waters and realized that he wasn't going to get anywhere near that. By then the Jets had moved on, and Braylon signed with the 49ers.

Here's proof of the discussion: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231784
    he signed for like 1mm with the 49ers if i remember correctly.

a HUGE blunder on his agent's part. he probably could have gotten a 3 year deal for 12mm. what a disaster.

Practice Squad
    Deos anyone have his contract details? when will they be released? Just wanted an idea of cap space left. With milliner the only one left, I hope there is enough money to add one more threat to the offense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    welcome back Braylon. Hope to see plenty of the Dougie dance this year.

I can't even remember the last time I saw Sanchez completing bombs like that. So glad The Beard is back.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    i think this means that holmes will be missing some games. why else would they sign him.
    This is a good signing with Holms 100%, sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    Deos anyone have his contract details? when will they be released? Just wanted an idea of cap space left. With milliner the only one left, I hope there is enough money to add one more threat to the offense.
    He would not take more then 200k more then the guy he'd be replacing. Your not talking a big salary anything over league min and your just over bidding. I'll say by final cut we will have around 7 mil in space still. I think we do add someone to BU Geno. Sanchez will likely be cut as soon as it reflects on next years cap IMO.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He would not take more then 200k more then the guy he'd be replacing. Your not talking a big salary anything over league min and your just over bidding. I'll say by final cut we will have around 7 mil in space still. I think we do add someone to BU Geno. Sanchez will likely be cut as soon as it reflects on next years cap IMO.
    I don't see them cutting sanchez until they feel Geno is ready. If they did it would be handing the keys to geno with no competition. Sound like a mistake we made a few years back eh?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    But they still have to pay Richardson AND Milliner. They will not have around 7 million remaining after those two sign.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But they still have to pay Richardson AND Milliner. They will not have around 7 million remaining after those two sign.
    Richardson signed. Milliner is the only one left.

Hall Of Fame
    Richardson signed. Milliner is the only one left.
    Yes I know, but Dreamers remaining cap space of 7 million did not reflect the Richardson money, that was the space prior to him signing.

Practice Squad
    Yes I know, but Dreamers remaining cap space of 7 million did not reflect the Richardson money, that was the space prior to him signing.
    Gotcha! so what do you think we will have left after Milliner?

Hall Of Fame
    Gotcha! so what do you think we will have left after Milliner?
    Well, Richardson the 13th pick signed a 4 year 10 million dollar deal, all guaranteed. My guess is that Milliner signs a 4 year 13 to 14 million dollar deal, all guaranteed. Depending on how they are structured the combined cost of both guys will probably be around 5 million this year.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 07-25-2013 at 02:29 PM.

We are at around 5 mil ATM but you figure we will save 100-300k on 7-10 cuts by final cut. I dont see us bringing in more expensive guys at this point unless it is in a trade that moves cap. It will be league guys at most with no bonus. You have McKnight, Berry, Landcaster and a lot of 500-800k guys that will be cut for sub 500k guys. You may also see some kind of deal with Howard or Cumby. I am pretty sure when we start the year you will see 6-7 in cap space. Unless we get some great deal on a final cut QB.

Well, Richardson the 13th pick signed a 4 year 10 million dollar deal, all guaranteed. My guess is that Milliner signs a 4 year 13 to 14 million dollar deal, all guaranteed. Depending on how they are structured the combined cost of both guys will probably be around 5 million this year.
    They can structure the rookie deals. Give them 1 mil this year and 4 the next. Coples had his bonus up front last year and was like 5.2 mil and is cheap right now. Tannehill had his prorated in Miami and the hit is spread out. Not sure what the final #s will be but I dont expect it to be a huge hit on our cap.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Message from Braylon to Jet fans: http://instagram.com/p/cMJECqreLn/?igref=ogexp

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Message from Braylon to Jet fans: http://instagram.com/p/cMJECqreLn/?igref=ogexp
    Hmm....The Beard(as we know it) is missing a bit.

I guess he'll let it grow until the regular season....where it will once again provide SWAG.

So cool to have him back, even if it's just one year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Not true. Holmes was the guy who wanted the big payday.
    Thank you!!

Edwards never asked for a big payday. It was folks on JI who started that rumor and then acted as if it were fact.

Indeed one poster on this very thread sited an old thread out here wihich again had no proof as proof of BE wanting excessive monies!!!

Madness!!