Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Braylon Signed......Maybe.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The last full season he had as a Jet.....How many dropped passes did he have?

People have disdain for the UNFAIR Reputation he gained just 'cause of a very bad season in Cleveland than what he had done since coming in the NFL.

It's like once he had that season to forget, it automatically stuck in many people's minds. Kind of like with Suckchez and the buttfumble. That is an image that Mark will never get rid of.

If nothing else, all Braylon has to do is MOVE THE CHAINS to keep the offense on the field. Some here say he's nothing more than a Possession Receiver now(which I disagree because he's only 30 but anyway...) and that's exactly what the Jets need "POSSESSION" as in BALL POSSESSION.

People forget the only reason Braylon left the Jets is because he felt that he was due a huge payday and the Jets couldn't afford the kind of bucks his agent was asking. He was not let go because of bad performance, quite the opposite.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing is for sure :

I don't think Sizzlebear or Dreamers are happy right now.

Anyway, to borrow an EX-Jet's motto : I CAN'T WAIT to see Braylon catching passes on TV again.

J....E......T....S......JETS...JETS....JETS!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If you never watch football, yes, he's better than a healthy Holmes.
    I watch football and I've never seen Braylon fall to the ground crying while tossing the ball to the opposing team for a touchdown.

I've also never seen Braylon quit and pout on the sidelines.

I've never seen Braylon milk an injury for the extra salary and pretend he's coming back.

I've never seen holMEs standing up for the Jets and saying this is where he wants to play forever either.

Ding dong, the cancers gone! I be happy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    One thing is for sure :

I don't think Sizzlebear or Dreamers are happy right now.

Anyway, to borrow an EX-Jet's motto : I CAN'T WAIT to see Braylon catching passes on TV again.

J....E......T....S......JETS...JETS....JETS!!!
    Hell yeah baby!!

That's music to my ears. This earl grey on my desk at work is just the sweetest thing ever right now!! Loving it!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Jets bring back the Beard!!

Now mods, do the right thing and bring back the hotties thread. How dare you remove it in the first place

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Now mods, do the right thing and bring back the hotties thread. How dare you remove it in the first place
    Something about issues with advertisers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    People forget the only reason Braylon left the Jets is because he felt that he was due a huge payday and the Jets couldn't afford the kind of bucks his agent was asking. He was not let go because of bad performance, quite the opposite.
    Not true. Holmes was the guy who wanted the big payday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon is already my favorite Jet.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've got some big targets for our QB's to throw to. I think people underestimate the effectiveness that comes with every good player you add to a team. It's all cumulative. Adding Braylon, makes Kerley better and Winslow and Hill... Ivory and the RB's will also be made better by having a legit threat at every skill position. It's really a much more talented team than many fans and especially the media realize. I think this can be a playoff team if we can get above average QB play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    We've got some big targets for our QB's to throw to. I think people underestimate the effectiveness that comes with every good player you add to a team. It's all cumulative. Adding Braylon, makes Kerley better and Winslow and Hill... Ivory and the RB's will also be made better by having a legit threat at every skill position. It's really a much more talented team than many fans and especially the media realize. I think this can be a playoff team if we can get above average QB play.
    I think the running game/screen passes and the D will set the table for this team. MM has said he'll take a fair amount of shots downfield. Braylon, Hill, Kerley, Winslow/Cumby/Hayden look like a useful set of receivers, not to mention Goodson. I expect Braylon's blocking ability to come in useful and could spring Ivory and especially Goodson for some big gains...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the vet minimum for Braylon is like $840K isn't it? Wonder if that's what he signs for with incentives?
    It's going to be in that neighborhood. It's a no-risk move. I love how the Bray-haters' big argument is "let's get younger" ok how does that mean going with crap like Chaz Schilens, Marty Gilyard and Clyd Gates b/c they're young. The Jets probably would have drafted Tavon Austin but the Lambs traded ahead of us probably for that reason.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had so been hoping this would happen....and he passed the physical.....he also played quite well at the end of last season and you know he is motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 21s
    “@KellenWinslowJr: #BRAYLONISBACK #JETS” hmmm

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Excuse me, you're only half right. After the 2010 season Braylon had put up over 900 receiving yards on 53 catches for an average 17 yards per reception. This was the highest YPR of his career. He also reeled in 7 TD's. Based on this his agent felt he was due a really big payday and they went looking for it. It was discussed here at the time. The stories were that Braylon wanted like $8 to $10 million a season. No way could the Jets afford anything like that, so he tested the waters and realized that he wasn't going to get anywhere near that. By then the Jets had moved on, and Braylon signed with the 49ers.

Here's proof of the discussion: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231784

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He left because the Jets chose Santanmeo over him ... A poor decision ... Plain and simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    He left because the Jets chose Santanmeo over him ... A poor decision ... Plain and simple.
    Bingo, that's how I remember it. They both wanted big paychecks and the Jets choose one, unfortunately the wrong one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Bingo, that's how I remember it. They both wanted big paychecks and the Jets choose one, unfortunately the wrong one.
    In hindsight neither one of them would have been worth the big contract. In 2010 Holmes was slightly the better player, playing 4 less games. If Trader Mike would have let them both go test the market we could probably have signed them both for what Santonio got. That would have been the smart move. Thank God we have a patient methodical adult running things now. I love signing Braylon to a short term incentive based contract. I only wish we could do the same with Holmes.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 07-25-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse me, you're only half right. After the 2010 season Braylon had put up over 900 receiving yards on 53 catches for an average 17 yards per reception. This was the highest YPR of his career. He also reeled in 7 TD's. Based on this his agent felt he was due a really big payday and they went looking for it. It was discussed here at the time. The stories were that Braylon wanted like $8 to $10 million a season. No way could the Jets afford anything like that, so he tested the waters and realized that he wasn't going to get anywhere near that. By then the Jets had moved on, and Braylon signed with the 49ers.

Here's proof of the discussion: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231784
    This is part true. Braylon wanted to be a jet and wanted a bigger payday. The problem was the Jets were facing their top two WRs heading into free agency. The problem was they offered Holmes 10mil a year and then offered Braylon 1mil a year. He felt disrespected (rightfully so, he was the better WR) so he left.

This is Tanny's biggest blunder. What should have happened was Offer Holmes 6mil, Braylon 4 mil a year. Holmes would have walked and Braylon would have stayed and the Jet's would have been a better team because of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    In hindsight neither one of them would have been worth the big contract. In 2010 Holmes was slightly the better player, playing 4 less games. If Trader Mike would have let them both go test the market we could probably have signed them both for what Santonio got. That would have been the smart move. Thank God we have a patient methodical adult running things now. I love signing Braylon to a short term incentive based contract. I only wish we could do the same with Holmes.
    They were both UFAs and talked with other teams. They did test the market. Tanny panicked because the Redskins were offering more money overall, so the Jets guaranteed more money. There really wasnt any chance they could have signed both Braylon and Holmes that year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    No, he was dead right. He wanted and asked for the same money as Holmes. And signed for peanuts after no one would give him that kind of money.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Because what exactly has BE done in the years since that deal to say this is right?

Do people realize how much he has sucked?