Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 136

Thread: Braylon Signed......Maybe.

  1. #101
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The last full season he had as a Jet.....How many dropped passes did he have?

    People have disdain for the UNFAIR Reputation he gained just 'cause of a very bad season in Cleveland than what he had done since coming in the NFL.

    It's like once he had that season to forget, it automatically stuck in many people's minds. Kind of like with Suckchez and the buttfumble. That is an image that Mark will never get rid of.







    If nothing else, all Braylon has to do is MOVE THE CHAINS to keep the offense on the field. Some here say he's nothing more than a Possession Receiver now(which I disagree because he's only 30 but anyway...) and that's exactly what the Jets need "POSSESSION" as in BALL POSSESSION.

    People forget the only reason Braylon left the Jets is because he felt that he was due a huge payday and the Jets couldn't afford the kind of bucks his agent was asking. He was not let go because of bad performance, quite the opposite.

  2. #102
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing is for sure :

    I don't think Sizzlebear or Dreamers are happy right now.


    Anyway, to borrow an EX-Jet's motto : I CAN'T WAIT to see Braylon catching passes on TV again.


    J....E......T....S......JETS...JETS....JETS!!!

  3. #103
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If you never watch football, yes, he's better than a healthy Holmes.
    I watch football and I've never seen Braylon fall to the ground crying while tossing the ball to the opposing team for a touchdown.

    I've also never seen Braylon quit and pout on the sidelines.

    I've never seen Braylon milk an injury for the extra salary and pretend he's coming back.

    I've never seen holMEs standing up for the Jets and saying this is where he wants to play forever either.

    Ding dong, the cancers gone! I be happy

  4. #104
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    One thing is for sure :

    I don't think Sizzlebear or Dreamers are happy right now.


    Anyway, to borrow an EX-Jet's motto : I CAN'T WAIT to see Braylon catching passes on TV again.


    J....E......T....S......JETS...JETS....JETS!!!
    Hell yeah baby!!

    That's music to my ears. This earl grey on my desk at work is just the sweetest thing ever right now!! Loving it!

  5. #105
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Jets bring back the Beard!!

    Now mods, do the right thing and bring back the hotties thread. How dare you remove it in the first place

  6. #106
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Now mods, do the right thing and bring back the hotties thread. How dare you remove it in the first place
    Something about issues with advertisers.

  7. #107
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,967
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    People forget the only reason Braylon left the Jets is because he felt that he was due a huge payday and the Jets couldn't afford the kind of bucks his agent was asking. He was not let go because of bad performance, quite the opposite.
    Not true. Holmes was the guy who wanted the big payday.

  8. #108
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon is already my favorite Jet.

  9. #109
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've got some big targets for our QB's to throw to. I think people underestimate the effectiveness that comes with every good player you add to a team. It's all cumulative. Adding Braylon, makes Kerley better and Winslow and Hill... Ivory and the RB's will also be made better by having a legit threat at every skill position. It's really a much more talented team than many fans and especially the media realize. I think this can be a playoff team if we can get above average QB play.

  10. #110
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    We've got some big targets for our QB's to throw to. I think people underestimate the effectiveness that comes with every good player you add to a team. It's all cumulative. Adding Braylon, makes Kerley better and Winslow and Hill... Ivory and the RB's will also be made better by having a legit threat at every skill position. It's really a much more talented team than many fans and especially the media realize. I think this can be a playoff team if we can get above average QB play.
    I think the running game/screen passes and the D will set the table for this team. MM has said he'll take a fair amount of shots downfield. Braylon, Hill, Kerley, Winslow/Cumby/Hayden look like a useful set of receivers, not to mention Goodson. I expect Braylon's blocking ability to come in useful and could spring Ivory and especially Goodson for some big gains...

  11. #111
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I believe the vet minimum for Braylon is like $840K isn't it? Wonder if that's what he signs for with incentives?
    It's going to be in that neighborhood. It's a no-risk move. I love how the Bray-haters' big argument is "let's get younger" ok how does that mean going with crap like Chaz Schilens, Marty Gilyard and Clyd Gates b/c they're young. The Jets probably would have drafted Tavon Austin but the Lambs traded ahead of us probably for that reason.

  12. #112
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had so been hoping this would happen....and he passed the physical.....he also played quite well at the end of last season and you know he is motivated.



    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 21s
    “@KellenWinslowJr: #BRAYLONISBACK #JETS” hmmm

  13. #113
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Not true. Holmes was the guy who wanted the big payday.
    Excuse me, you're only half right. After the 2010 season Braylon had put up over 900 receiving yards on 53 catches for an average 17 yards per reception. This was the highest YPR of his career. He also reeled in 7 TD's. Based on this his agent felt he was due a really big payday and they went looking for it. It was discussed here at the time. The stories were that Braylon wanted like $8 to $10 million a season. No way could the Jets afford anything like that, so he tested the waters and realized that he wasn't going to get anywhere near that. By then the Jets had moved on, and Braylon signed with the 49ers.

    Here's proof of the discussion: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231784

  14. #114
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    People forget the only reason Braylon left the Jets is because he felt that he was due a huge payday and the Jets couldn't afford the kind of bucks his agent was asking. He was not let go because of bad performance, quite the opposite.
    He left because the Jets chose Santanmeo over him ... A poor decision ... Plain and simple.

  15. #115
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    He left because the Jets chose Santanmeo over him ... A poor decision ... Plain and simple.
    Bingo, that's how I remember it. They both wanted big paychecks and the Jets choose one, unfortunately the wrong one.

  16. #116
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Bingo, that's how I remember it. They both wanted big paychecks and the Jets choose one, unfortunately the wrong one.
    In hindsight neither one of them would have been worth the big contract. In 2010 Holmes was slightly the better player, playing 4 less games. If Trader Mike would have let them both go test the market we could probably have signed them both for what Santonio got. That would have been the smart move. Thank God we have a patient methodical adult running things now. I love signing Braylon to a short term incentive based contract. I only wish we could do the same with Holmes.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 07-25-2013 at 07:44 AM.

  17. #117
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Excuse me, you're only half right. After the 2010 season Braylon had put up over 900 receiving yards on 53 catches for an average 17 yards per reception. This was the highest YPR of his career. He also reeled in 7 TD's. Based on this his agent felt he was due a really big payday and they went looking for it. It was discussed here at the time. The stories were that Braylon wanted like $8 to $10 million a season. No way could the Jets afford anything like that, so he tested the waters and realized that he wasn't going to get anywhere near that. By then the Jets had moved on, and Braylon signed with the 49ers.

    Here's proof of the discussion: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231784
    This is part true. Braylon wanted to be a jet and wanted a bigger payday. The problem was the Jets were facing their top two WRs heading into free agency. The problem was they offered Holmes 10mil a year and then offered Braylon 1mil a year. He felt disrespected (rightfully so, he was the better WR) so he left.

    This is Tanny's biggest blunder. What should have happened was Offer Holmes 6mil, Braylon 4 mil a year. Holmes would have walked and Braylon would have stayed and the Jet's would have been a better team because of it.

  18. #118
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    In hindsight neither one of them would have been worth the big contract. In 2010 Holmes was slightly the better player, playing 4 less games. If Trader Mike would have let them both go test the market we could probably have signed them both for what Santonio got. That would have been the smart move. Thank God we have a patient methodical adult running things now. I love signing Braylon to a short term incentive based contract. I only wish we could do the same with Holmes.
    They were both UFAs and talked with other teams. They did test the market. Tanny panicked because the Redskins were offering more money overall, so the Jets guaranteed more money. There really wasnt any chance they could have signed both Braylon and Holmes that year.

  19. #119
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Not true. Holmes was the guy who wanted the big payday.
    No, he was dead right. He wanted and asked for the same money as Holmes. And signed for peanuts after no one would give him that kind of money.

  20. #120
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Bingo, that's how I remember it. They both wanted big paychecks and the Jets choose one, unfortunately the wrong one.
    Because what exactly has BE done in the years since that deal to say this is right?

    Do people realize how much he has sucked?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us