Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily News: MM Says Geno Progessing At High Rate

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    People compalin that Rex just cares about just the defense well if Sean Payton paid more attention to his defense and players maybe he could have stopped the bounties that led to him being banned for a year and his DC getting banned for life.. Payton calls the plays for the Saints and he was missed big time by Bree's last season..
    You make an interesting point but it is not apples to apples. The difference is that Payton is literally a God in New Orleans b.c he basically helped save the franchise after Katrina and then he won a SB. Payton could pull a Hernandez and they would still love him down there.

If Rex won a SB nobody would complain about him. That is the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez is never taking another reg season snap for us again. We all know this.
    Let us pray that is true. We have a chance with Geno.

Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    I just want the best QB to win the job. If Sanchez whoops Geno in camp, fine. If Geno outshines sanchez fine. Just please play the best guy!
    Sanchez beating Geno in TC does not mean he is the best QB nor does it mean he gives us the best chance to win. We know what Buttfumble Headband is and that is the worst QB in the league in game situations. Why trot him out there for any reason other than injury? I do not get it. Make no mistake: Mark has not been mediocre he has been abysmal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Let us pray that is true. We have a chance with Geno.
    Oh its true. Its damn true.

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    you're the one who doesn't understand how to read. you're also the one who predicted sanchez would be cut June 1.
    He would have been if Garrard stayed healthy

Sanchez is never taking another reg season snap for us again. We all know this.
    i hope your right. if not, metlife stadium better have a ton more security and state troopers on standy by when the fans start rioting

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Jets will give Geno every opportunity to win the job.
    I'd bet that they already have him penciled in for the job. Only way he doesn't get it is if falls flat on his face and plays horrendous ball in preseason games. Sanchez is as done as can be here.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    He would have been if Garrard stayed healthy
    One has nothing to do with the other. There is no way a GM or team would let that extra money kick in by cutting him and getting nothing for the 17 mil or so he would cost the team in dead money.

That would be stupid. Wouldn't be any less stupid if they had a QB with a bum leg ,who hasn't played in years on the roster who hadn't proved he could play a damn.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-24-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Its also safter for Geno to have sanchez start the season. New offense, new pieces on the oline. Sanchez is going to get killed back there the first few games until things settle. Keep Geno off the field until then.
    Safer how? Ever hear of a team, any team, any time that kept a QB off the field because its safe?
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-24-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    McNabb had no timing, nor was he accurate. Can you run Geno?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Moreno Valley View Post
    Did they legalized Marijuana in your state?
    They will never legalize marijuana. We all know this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You make an interesting point but it is not apples to apples. The difference is that Payton is literally a God in New Orleans b.c he basically helped save the franchise after Katrina and then he won a SB. Payton could pull a Hernandez and they would still love him down there.

If Rex won a SB nobody would complain about him. That is the way it works.
    Well if Rex, had a Brees, or even a Von Miller, he would have won a SB. People need to have patience. He got damn close without an impact player.

Geno to Bray over Revis week 1....Just sayin.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

regardless of who the week 1 starter is -

what MM says is very impressive ... he is making Geno feel like he has a legit chance if he keeps playing / working / & studying his butt off

i'm happy that MM will be the one to decide if Geno is ready come the start of the season ... if MM believes we will have to sacrifice the start of 2013 with Sanchez to give Geno more time to learn & a better shot at long term success ... MM certainly has the pelts on the wall to justify trust in his decision

to me 2014 & beyond > 2013 ... and I believe it is to MM as well ... fingers crossed that Geno plays & proves himself to get the green & white light for week 1
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 07-24-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    This is from our least favorite writer, but MM is quoted directly so can atleast believe it:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1407566

Great to hear that he's making some really nice progress. Seems like not attending Jets West was the right decision. Also, MM has experience with Foles just last year, so he could be progressing faster than Foles did, and Foles was an ok starter last year.
    No wonder Mehtarda still has a job, even you people here fall for his BS like the public does.

This is old recycled info from OTAs, not new MM comments. Jets west came after and MM hasn't been able to have any contact with Geno since OTAs.

He even says it in the article knowing most will skim over it

"Marty Mornhinweg told The Daily News at the conclusion of the offseason program. "

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

This is old recycled info from OTAs, not new MM comments.

at the conclusion of the offseason program. "

... that s*cks bro ... why didn't you say that before I started to get excited

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... that s*cks bro ... why didn't you say that before I started to get excited
    Sorry, just go home from work.

Hall Of Fame
    Every time I try to have faith in our new OC I remind myself that this is the guy that deferred in overtime.

Jets Insider VIP
    good point, DeeDee but YOUR OC is the one NOT to have any faith in, after all. He horrible in Denver, got himself fired and even worse than that, YOUR OC Josh McDaniels drafted the worst POS quarterback in the history of the NFL in the frigging FIRST ROUND

Oh its true. Its damn true.
    The only thing that is true, is that you don't have the slightest clue.