Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daily News: MM Says Geno Progessing At High Rate

Rahmen Noodles accusing someone else of not having a clue.

Oh, the delicious irony!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rahmen Noodles accusing someone else of not having a clue.

Oh, the delicious irony!
    Say's the jackass clown whose claim to fame is...

well...

nothing.

But you have a clue, don't ya ****brick?

Jets Insider VIP
    Nobody knows how this competition will turn out; however, Geno's progression seems to have impressed MM and that tells me he has an excellent chance to be the the the real deal. This season is starting to get exciting. Can't wait for the KRL reports.

I for one would have preferred to see the Jets cut ties with Mark as painful as that would have been. It would have clear the air and removed that cloud that still is hanging over the whole team.
    It would have also eliminated the threat of divided loyalties within the team
    Yet, that would have depended on having that healthy older vet (Gerrard) in camp to spur the competition. Since that is no longer the case and Mark will be the older veteran, then he must be allow to compete with Geno. I also want GMac to be included in this contest as well, not just Geno and Mark.
    Again, as much as I never wanted to see Mark under center for this team again, if he out plays the other guys he should get the nod and be named the starter.
    If Mark starts though, at the first sign of what we saw last year, he is pulled and sat down and either Geno or GMac becomes the instant starter.

He is just pumping the rook up ... Don't you guys remember Sanchez's first summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    I just want the best QB to win the job. If Sanchez whoops Geno in camp, fine. If Geno outshines sanchez fine. Just please play the best guy!
    THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    No wonder Mehtarda still has a job, even you people here fall for his BS like the public does.

This is old recycled info from OTAs, not new MM comments. Jets west came after and MM hasn't been able to have any contact with Geno since OTAs.

He even says it in the article knowing most will skim over it

"Marty Mornhinweg told The Daily News at the conclusion of the offseason program. "
    Ah bummer, lol. Yeah, I skimmed over the part, honestly, I just read the quotes from MM since I don't like Mehta much at all.

Although I guess atleast he thought Geno was making process at the end of OTA, so maybe Geno can be even better off now, with more time to work on his timing and his knowledge of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    Ah bummer, lol. Yeah, I skimmed over the part, honestly, I just read the quotes from MM since I don't like Mehta much at all.

Although I guess atleast he thought Geno was making process at the end of OTA, so maybe Geno can be even better off now, with more time to work on his timing and his knowledge of the system.
    Don't sweat it, there will be 5 articles tomorrow based on Mehtarda saying MM endorses Geno. LOL, the only thing NY media is better at then rabble rousing is being lazy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Nobody knows how this competition will turn out; however, Geno's progression seems to have impressed MM and that tells me he has an excellent chance to be the the the real deal. This season is starting to get exciting. Can't wait for the KRL reports.
    no, apparently sg3, and hitman harris know.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    no doubt i will get bashed for this, but it needs to be said.
    I dont think in over 25+ years of watching TC unfold, has there been a single year where these "qb improvement" comments are not made.

Of course i know its what needs to be said, and no coach would ever publicly criticize a QB, nor should they. I do understand, but every single year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I dont think in over 25+ years of watching TC unfold, has there been a single year where these "qb improvement" comments are not made.

Of course i know its what needs to be said, and no coach would ever publicly criticize a QB, nor should they. I do understand, but every single year.
    The Pennington ones were the worst. How many times did we read about all the different ways he improved his arm strength?
    Last edited by JMJ; 07-25-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Veteran

Seriously. What do people expect MM to say? Geno sucks and will never ammount to anything? He's very careful to not disparage Sanchez and stops short of saying Geno should be the starter. Just regular PR coach speak

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    The Pennington ones were the worst. How many times did we read about all the different way he improved his arm strength?
    "revamped throwing motion really has Chad zipping the ball around out there"

Im not hating, just saying. Pulling big time for you Geno. make us proud, young man!

Jets Insider VIP
    "revamped throwing motion really has Chad zipping the ball around out there"

Im not hating, just saying. Pulling big time for you Geno. make us proud, young man!
    "He trained mixed martial arts in the offseason which really improved his core strength which has led to better velocity on his throws."