Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Name your Top 3 Sleepers in Jets Camp.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I was going to say Hayden but I pretty much already see him as the 2nd best TE we have. Cumby is just horrid.
    Hayden may already be the best run blocking TE on the team, even if Winslow is 100%.

Rookie
    Edwards, Rogers, Sapp

All Pro
    Dalton Freeman
    Marcus Davis
    Antonio Allen

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"My name is Steiny, and there is only one answer to this question: RICKY SAPP, RICKY SAPP, RICKY SAPP!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    "My name is Steiny, and there is only one answer to this question: RICKY SAPP, RICKY SAPP, RICKY SAPP!!!!!!"
    1 vote!

All League
    McKnight, Mangold, Coples

I think those 3 nap a LOT

Darrin Walls
    Ricky Sapp
    Vidal Hazelton

I can see Rontez Miles having a career trajectory like Victor Green: start out as a special teams demon, then work your way into the starting lineup. I think Miles has more speed than Green did though, and potentially a higher upside.

My other two are Tommy Bohanon and Aaron Berry.

Rookie
    I don't often say this about a FB, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Bohanon.

I'll join the crowd on Rogers. I hope between he and White, ONE of those guys emerge as a legit option for the offense.

Third, I'll go Hayden Smith. We need a lot of help on offense. We're going to need some of these sleepers to pan out.

Vidal Hazelton, Ricky Sapp and Tommy Bohanon

I am actually amazed at all the love for Ricky Sapp. I was on that band wagon last year. This year I just dont see how he get a real shot. I mean you have 3 solid options now in Barnes, Coples, and Pace. All of which will be taking on new roles. You have Garrett McIntyre who is the change of pace guy. I think he has to make this squad. Then there is Jacquies Smith, a guy I could really see shining in preseason. I dont even know if him or Sapp will get a roster spot really.

One worth mention may be Griffen RB as well. I could very well see this team cut McKnight and Powell saving on RB using Griffen as the #3.

1. Dalton Freeman
    2. Rontez Miles
    3. Mark Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    I am actually amazed at all the love for Ricky Sapp. I was on that band wagon last year. This year I just dont see how he get a real shot. I mean you have 3 solid options now in Barnes, Coples, and Pace. All of which will be taking on new roles. You have Garrett McIntyre who is the change of pace guy. I think he has to make this squad. Then there is Jacquies Smith, a guy I could really see shining in preseason. I dont even know if him or Sapp will get a roster spot really.

One worth mention may be Griffen RB as well. I could very well see this team cut McKnight and Powell saving on RB using Griffen as the #3.
    I do not see that Jets cutting both McKnight and Powell. At the very least McKnight makes the team for his return ability. He is only making 600K this year so there isnt really any savings by cutting him. Given Ivory's injury history and Goodson's possible suspension I think the Jets go into the season with Ivory, Goodson, Powell, McKnight and Bohannon at the RB position.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 07-25-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Dalton Freeman
    Marcus Davis
    Antonio Allen
    I do along with Freeman, Davis and Allen. I might add KJ Stroud will make the PS.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Probably easier to name 3 non sleepers.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I do not see that Jets cutting both McKnight and Powell. At the very least McKnight makes the team for his return ability. He is only making 600K this year so there isnt really any savings by cutting him. Given Ivory's injury history and Goodson's possible suspension I think the Jets go into the season with Ivory, Goodson, Powell, McKnight and Bohannon at the RB position.
    I think Griffen will fit well into this O. No way we carry 5 RBs into week 1. I really dont see Powell making this team. He didnt show anything last year. I could very well see Griffen outplaying McKnight. If you can cut both and save I dont see the down side. If all you want is a BU to the BU to the BU you can have him on the PS. 4 at most 3 is very liely.

Hall Of Fame
    I think Griffen will fit well into this O. No way we carry 5 RBs into week 1. I really dont see Powell making this team. He didnt show anything last year. I could very well see Griffen outplaying McKnight. If you can cut both and save I dont see the down side. If all you want is a BU to the BU to the BU you can have him on the PS. 4 at most 3 is very liely.
    Goodson hasnt reported to camp and is going to be suspended this season. That leaves Ivory and Griffen as the only RBs remaining in your scenario, highly unlikely. You need guys who can play specials, McKnight and Powell both do that. If anything I could see the Jets cutting Goodson at some point.

I was going to say Hayden but I pretty much already see him as the 2nd best TE we have. Cumby is just horrid.
    LOL I bet Hayden doesn't even make the opening day roster!

Winslow, Cumberland, and Rueland>>>>>>Hayden Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Dalton Freeman
    Marcus Davis
    Antonio Allen
    Good mention with Dalton Freeman. I think hes a UDFA that will make the team. Apparently the team was high on him and almost drafted him and they liked how hes performed so far. We'll see how he does in pads but he may end up as our backup center.

I think that Damon Harrison may be a big find and will end up helping this team this year by filling the gap that DeVito left as a run defender.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    LOL I bet Hayden doesn't even make the opening day roster!

Winslow, Cumberland, and Rueland>>>>>>Hayden Smith
    Id take Hayden over Cumby easy. I dont see any of our TE as set on the roster. I dont know if we can still cut Cumby and not pay that tag but it was the only real dumb move we did this off season IMO. I wouldnt start Cumby as a pop warner TE. Cant block, run routes or even the right plays for that matter. I dont see one reason he is still on the team. Easy the worst TE I have ever seen in the NFL.