Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To the crowd buying into media rhetoric "Sanchez has been coddled..."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Aww, change your panties, sunshine. Your man crush for Buttchez is disturbing.
    It's good to know where you stand, even in a thread with straight football talk, and no agenda, you have to come along and muck it up like the juvenile jackass you are...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I remember last year Sanchez was told to throw to the spot where the receiver was supposes to be by Soprano. You'd see a lot of plays where the ball was thrown to the flat and nobody was there. There was a lot of confusion in general. I remember the pass that Hill dropped that hit him in the chest and would have iced the first Pats game for us. I agree last year was a clusterf*ck of a season that makes most of us sick. I just want to see them get this thing turned around with or without Mark.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is exactly what I'm after.

SF with Kaepernick? Did they?

Seattle with Wilson? Did they?

Cincy with Dalton? Did they?
    Cincy still had carson palmer.
    Kapernick beat out smith.
    Wilson beat our flynn.

You just screwed your own feeble argument.

Did the jets draft a qb in the 1st 3 rounds when sanchez was here? Did they have any kind of a vet that could play?

If the jets had drafted some 3rd rounder a few years ago he probably would have beat out or at least put pressure on sanchez....oh no we can't have that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to know where you stand, even in a thread with straight football talk, and no agenda, you have to come along and muck it up like the juvenile jackass you are...
    Aww, cry more for me, honey. Your salty tears give me a raging hardy.

Maybe you should take the green goggles off and see Failchez for what he is: a buttfumbling, pick six throwing, dline stat padding, hotdog eating, overpaid SCRUB.

Try being a real fan for ONCE in your life and want more than mediocrity from your team. Clueless sunshiner.
    Last edited by McGinley; 07-24-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez was coddled because he was allowed to start when he did not deserve the role, he is statistically among the 10 worst starting QB's in NFL history because no other player was giving so many chances and no other HC put up with that low level of play from a starter...

I love Rex as the Jets coach, but he should have benched Sanchez for a few games in 2011 and planted him on the bench after the SF blow out last year

The kid has talent but has never developed. It is a fair argument to say that it's not all his fault but four years of mid 50% completion rates and a higher Turnovers to TD ratio is not acceptable

but the 8.5MM contract will give him one more chance to be coddled...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Are you that silly ray ray? Please.

He came in a 'won' the job?

They handed him the job with no competition.
    They went well out of their way to have ZERO backup that could threaten him.
    Even after lots of disasterous outings he was always praised and propped up and was never blamed.
    He was given far more credit for some success than was warranted.
    They wasted a draft pick on his best buddy.
    He came into the league with something very very rare for a new Qb, a top 5 oline, defense and running game.
    The gm gave him an extension beyond all logic after they pursued manning.

Probably the most coddled QB I can ever remember in any league. He might not be beyond hope right now if they slapped him upside the head and made him earn his job much earlier.
    Ahh, another one..

Nothing silly about it...

The Jets drafted a QB #5 overall in a year they desperately needed to address the position. He was going to compete with Clemens, since Favre wasn't coming back.

If you recall, Clemens was a player the Jets were going to give a shot to, there were very few options during the off-season when the Jets drafted Sanchez.

And did it matter? He went on to lead the team to the AFCCG.

After that season, how the hell should anybody think the Jets should have brought in an established QB to compete against Sanchez?

The team gave him an extension after his 3rd year, one down year wasn't enough of a measuring stick against him, not with the overhaul that took place with the roster. And that extension to this day is misinterpreted, all they did was take money he was going to get anyway, and build it into a bonus that he'll never get if he is retained beyond next year. He already had most of the money he received last year and this year from his rookie deal. It was a calculated gamble to extend Sanchez, hope he would continue progressing as a franchise QB, but have him on the cheap for the next 5 years, while also give the team cap money last off-season.

The team never pursued Manning, more BS that some fans continue to spew today.

So again, I'll ask you, since DD wanted no part of it.

Are the Dolphins coddling Tannehill?

49ers Kaepernick?

Seattle Wilson?

Cincy Dalton?

Hell, are the Jets coddling Smith this year? Since you're so convinced Sanchez is absolute trash, what competition does Smith have heading into training camp?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Aww, cry more for me, honey. Your salty tears give me a raging hardy.

Maybe you should take the green goggles off and see Failchez for what he is: a buttfumbling, pick six throwing, dline stat padding, hotdog eating, overpaid SCRUB.

Try being a real fan for ONCE in your life and want more than mediocrity from your team. Clueless sunshiner.
    Run along, the adults are talking football.

As for me being a real fan, I would and can run circles around you!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Sanchez was coddled because he was allowed to start when he did not deserve the role, he is statistically among the 10 worst starting QB's in NFL history because no other player was giving so many chances and no other HC put up with that low level of play from a starter...

I love Rex as the Jets coach, but he should have benched Sanchez for a few games in 2011 and planted him on the bench after the SF blow out last year

The kid has talent but has never developed. It is a fair argument to say that it's not all his fault but four years of mid 50% completion rates and a higher Turnovers to TD ratio is not acceptable

but the 8.5MM contract will give him one more chance to be coddled...
    Allowed to start when? After his rookie season? He took the team to the AFCCG. After his second season? Same thing.

After his 3rd, after a year of complete roster overhaul at the skill positions, lessening talent brought in, and better players let go, the lockout season, and the team imploding and giving up on Schotty?

After last year? Sure, and they have, they drafted Smith.

Statistics are crap when you analyze the complete body of work of Sanchez and the team's performance in all 4 years he has been QB, and the complete misfortune the team had last year and then the roster overhaul after the lockout off-season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cincy still had carson palmer.
    Kapernick beat out smith.
    Wilson beat our flynn.

You just screwed your own feeble argument.

Did the jets draft a qb in the 1st 3 rounds when sanchez was here? Did they have any kind of a vet that could play?

If the jets had drafted some 3rd rounder a few years ago he probably would have beat out or at least put pressure on sanchez....oh no we can't have that.
    Wrong

Palmer was out of football the year Dalton was drafted, he was given the job

Kaepernick was in his second season. Smith was traded this off-season, Kaepernick has no competition heading into his first pre-season as a starting QB.

Flynn? Are you serious? He's never been a starter...

Try harder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez was handed the keys to the car without learning how to drive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Allowed to start when? After his rookie season? He took the team to the AFCCG. After his second season? Same thing.

After his 3rd, after a year of complete roster overhaul at the skill positions, lessening talent brought in, and better players let go, the lockout season, and the team imploding and giving up on Schotty?

After last year? Sure, and they have, they drafted Smith.

Statistics are crap when you analyze the complete body of work of Sanchez and the team's performance in all 4 years he has been QB, and the complete misfortune the team had last year and then the roster overhaul after the lockout off-season.
    In his first year, yes, when he threw 5 INT in a OT loss to the Bills, another game with 4 INT and two with 3 INT
    His second year, No, we can agree that was his best year
    Third year, yes, during a couple of 3 loss runs that needed a change of pace
    Last year, one game was not enough and Tebow/Sporks did not help

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me the coddling of Sanchez took this form. The guy was allowed to keep making the same mistakes for years and they never really challenged him to improve his game. They never sat him just to make him realize that his sloppiness with the ball wasn't acceptable. There's nothing wrong with bringing in a legit QB who can truly compete in order to make sure he's busting him butt.

This year they have a kid in here who is already challenging Mark. Despite the fact that Mark has been in the NFL for 4 yrs, was able to get his hands on the playbook and film way before Geno, was able to get private tutoring on the WCO from Jeff Garcia and still Geno was pushing him in OTA's. That is not a good sign for Sanchez. He should be 100% at this point and he still was making mistakes. This is the legacy of Sanchez. He's proven he's a mistake QB. He can't play a clean game. Sanchez was coddled and in just about every aspect of the game he's made no improvement since day one.

Sure the last 2 years the team around him deteriorated, but Steve Young once said about Sanchez, he "accelerates the down". When things go bad Mark actually makes things worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZ9bSijSlQ

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering...

How was he coddled? In what way? He came in as a rookie, #5 overall pick, he was going to be given every opportunity to win the starting job out of the gate, he happened to win the job, and despite growing pains, he managed to lead the team to an AFCCG, and then another one the second year. The team regressed, players overhauled at the WR and RB position, his 3rd year started out ok, but the team imploded, not because of Sanchez, but he certainly was part of it. Last year, injuries derailed the season, Tebow and the media derailed the season, and confidence derailed Sanchez on top of it.

Then the arm chair football experts come out, the media spins, Sanchez was coddled, he'll finally go into a camp with competition, but what #5 overall pick who did earn the job in his rookie season, why should he have received competition each year? How was he coddled?
    Get real man if anyone here thinks Clemens Brunell or Tebow had any real chance to beat out Sanchez your football IQ doesn't equal your shoe size. Geno is the only real competition at QB that Sanchez has faced in his career let's see how he handles it.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you that silly ray ray? Please.

He came in a 'won' the job?

They handed him the job with no competition.
    They went well out of their way to have ZERO backup that could threaten him.
    Even after lots of disasterous outings he was always praised and propped up and was never blamed.
    He was given far more credit for some success than was warranted.
    They wasted a draft pick on his best buddy.
    He came into the league with something very very rare for a new Qb, a top 5 oline, defense and running game.
    The gm gave him an extension beyond all logic after they pursued manning.

Probably the most coddled QB I can ever remember in any league. He might not be beyond hope right now if they slapped him upside the head and made him earn his job much earlier.
    This.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    For me the coddling of Sanchez took this form. The guy was allowed to keep making the same mistakes for years and they never really challenged him to improve his game. They never sat him just to make him realize that his sloppiness with the ball wasn't acceptable. There's nothing wrong with bringing in a legit QB who can truly compete in order to make sure he's busting him butt.

This year they have a kid in here who is already challenging Mark. Despite the fact that Mark has been in the NFL for 4 yrs, was able to get his hands on the playbook and film way before Geno, was able to get private tutoring on the WCO from Jeff Garcia and still Geno was pushing him in OTA's. That is not a good sign for Sanchez. He should be 100% at this point and he still was making mistakes. This is the legacy of Sanchez. He's proven he's a mistake QB. He can't play a clean game. Sanchez was coddled and in just about every aspect of the game he's made no improvement since day one.

Sure the last 2 years the team around him deteriorated, but Steve Young once said about Sanchez, he "accelerates the down". When things go bad Mark actually makes things worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZ9bSijSlQ
    Steve Young is now in the media, it's his job to comment, and last year, who didn't? It was because of last year, the Jets drafted Smith, but you still didn't address the question. It's equally funny how adamant Young was last year, while many who may now sing his praises for his comments against Sanchez, all probably have no clue how slow Young started in his NFL career.

Sanchez had one bad year, after two straight AFCCG's, after a roster was overhauled, after a lock-out off-season, and was asked to play with a re-tooled arsenal, and in an offense that became predictable, an offense and offensive coordinator that resulted in player mutiny. Then last year, he is forced to play with street FA's for most of the year as most key starters were all injured and missed most of the year.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-24-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Get real man if anyone here thinks Clemens Brunell or Tebow had any real chance to beat out Sanchez your football IQ doesn't equal your shoe size. Geno is the only real competition at QB that Sanchez has faced in his career let's see how he handles it.
    This response makes no sense.

You didn't read a word I put up in this thread.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Young is now in the media, it's his job to comment, and last year, who didn't? It was because of last year, the Jets drafted Smith, but you still didn't address the question. It's equally funny how adamant Young was last year, while many who may now sing his praises for his comments against Sanchez, all probably have no clue how slow Young started in his NFL career.

Sanchez had one bad year, after two straight AFCCG's, after a roster was overhauled, after a lock-out off-season, and was asked to play with a re-tooled arsenal, and in an offense that became predictable, an offense and offensive coordinator that resulted in player mutiny. Then last year, he is forced to play with street FA's for most of the year as most key starters were all injured and missed most of the year.
    I actually think I was very clear in explaining how I think Mark was coddled. They allowed him to keep going out there and making mistakes. Even in the 1st 2 years Mark was making mistakes that needed correction. Mark hasn't made any progress as a QB because they really never took a hard line with him about not making the same dumb mistakes over and over. He has this thing were he just lofts balls up there to be picked off rather than throw it away and he's been doing this year after year. By not having a legitimate option at QB to go to, they basically have sanctioned Mark's poor decision making. He just keeps coming out and playing the same way.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This response makes no sense.

You didn't read a word I put up in this thread.
    He "Happened to win the job" no he was handed the job. I agree with one thing they gave him every chance to win giving him an allstar supporting cast and he's been bottom of barrel EVERY YEAR. He didn't lead us to 2 AFC championship games the team led him. He's.been coddled in every way. How many games has had in his career.with 3-4 ints? And he's only been benched once how do you figure he hasn't been coddled? you I apologize for the last post I misread the part about the competition.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will be the starter and he will be the NYJ starting QB next season!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez facts:

Sanchez was the starting QB for the Jets for two AFCCGs (09, 10).

Sanchez's playoff record is 4-2.

Sanchez's playoff QBR is 94.3

Sanchez has 12 come from behind victories, or victories where he had the game winning drive (1 last year, 4 in 2011, 6 in 2010).

Sanchez's career completion percentage is 55.1%.

His career QBR is 71.7

He has thrown 68 TD passes, and 69 INTs.

He has rushed for 12 TDs

He has fumbled the ball away 17 times in 4 years.

He has more turnovers than anyone in the league over the last 2 seasons.

In 4 years, he has 8 300 yard passing games. His high is 369.

He has thrown 4 TDs in a game once (vs Buffalo in 2011).

He has thrown 3 TDs in a game 7 times.

He has thrown 4 or more INTs 3 times in 61 games.

He has thrown 3 or more INTs 8 times in 61 games.

He has thrown 2 or more INTs 17 times in 61 games.

He has thrown an INT in at least 40 of his 61 regular season games.

He has thrown for less than 50% completion percentage in 17 of his 61 regular season games.

His career win/loss record is 32 - 29.

When the Jets win, Sanchez's QBR is 86.9

When the Jets lose, Sanchez's QBR is 57.8
    Take it for what it's worth. My opinion (not just based on these facts) is that it seems after 2010, he started to spiral down hill. He's not the same as he was then. If he played like he did 2010, 2011 would have been a playoff team.
    Last edited by John_0515; 07-24-2013 at 11:20 PM.