Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 115

Thread: To the crowd buying into media rhetoric "Sanchez has been coddled..."

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    List the 2nd and 3rd string Qb's for each of teams of the qbs you listed. I dare you to find worse backups than the jets went out of their way to get with sanchez. Also, list how many got extensions after being near the very bottom of the league in ratings each of their years. Also list how many of them had their best college buddies drafted by the team as an obvious favour to the qb.
    They're the same types as Sanchez had backing him up. Who cares if you recognize the names, they where players who were never going to see the playing field unless there was an injury. How the hell do you go out of your way to find a backup who isn't good enough to be a 1? Most backups are guys who are nothing more than 2's, thats why they're backups. Isn't that hard.

    Jets drafted a WR as a favor to Sanchez??? You know 100% that they wouldn't have drafted him if someone else was our QB? And even if they used a low pick on someone who gives a sh1t? What the frig does this nonsense have to do with him developing or not? Can we stop searching for stupid reasons the guy sucks?

  2. #82
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They're the same types as Sanchez had backing him up. Who cares if you recognize the names, they where players who were never going to see the playing field unless there was an injury. How the hell do you go out of your way to find a backup who isn't good enough to be a 1? Most backups are guys who are nothing more than 2's, thats why they're backups. Isn't that hard.

    Jets drafted a WR as a favor to Sanchez??? You know 100% that they wouldn't have drafted him if someone else was our QB? And even if they used a low pick on someone who gives a sh1t? What the frig does this nonsense have to do with him developing or not? Can we stop searching for stupid reasons the guy sucks?
    You just failed, we had brunnell, stafford had kitna i know that much. NO ONE had a 42 year old garbage backup as bad as we had.

    Yes i know 100% for sure they draft mcknight for that reason. EVeryone projected the guy to be a friggin street fa. He lasted a year or so on the psquad. He sucked.

    You also totally miss the point of the argument, it is about him being CODDLED which he was not about how much he sucks, we can start a new thread on that if you wish. You utterly failed to counter act my point.

  3. #83
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You just failed, we had brunnell, stafford had kitna i know that much. NO ONE had a 42 year old garbage backup as bad as we had.

    Yes i know 100% for sure they draft mcknight for that reason. EVeryone projected the guy to be a friggin street fa. He lasted a year or so on the psquad. He sucked.

    You also totally miss the point of the argument, it is about him being CODDLED which he was not about how much he sucks, we can start a new thread on that if you wish. You utterly failed to counter act my point.
    Kitna wasnt Stafford's back up, he was traded to the Cowboys prior to the 2009 season I believe. Culpepper was his b/u his first year , then Shaun Hill was his b/u. They signed Hill as a RFA because of Staffords injuries.

  4. #84
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You're right. I forgot to add Clemens. But he didn't push Mark either. They could have brought someone in that was going to challenge him and that he could have learned a thing or two from. Kind of like what the Giants did with Eli and Warner. Brunell could have been that guy but he and Mark just became buddies and Brunell was just hanging on for a paycheck. I am not sure how much he was teaching Mark.

    I do agree with what Jet Nut touched on. Having a "mentor" or challenger is not a requirement. Mark should have been able to succeed without one. These guys should be able to motivate themselves.

    Then there is the whole thing with Rex calling him the "Sanchize". There are just so many different things that are part of reason why Sanchez hasn't worked out. I put some of the blame on him and some of it on the Jets. But how we got to this point doesn't really matter anymore. The damage is done. What we have now is a sh*tty QB that needs to go.
    I agree with you. Clemens was NOT given a chance to win the job. It was evident. Rex likes who he likes! I doubt that Geno will get much action unless Sanchez gets hurt or really sucks as bad as he did last year!

    Ray keeps defending him from fans who want to win. He should know that if Sanchez shows that he can lead us to a SB and win it, all of us will back him up! The name of the game is winning a SUPER BOWL not being happy because your favorite player starts! This is a team game!

  5. #85
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Just wondering...

    How was he coddled? In what way? He came in as a rookie, #5 overall pick, he was going to be given every opportunity to win the starting job out of the gate, he happened to win the job, and despite growing pains, he managed to lead the team to an AFCCG, and then another one the second year. The team regressed, players overhauled at the WR and RB position, his 3rd year started out ok, but the team imploded, not because of Sanchez, but he certainly was part of it. Last year, injuries derailed the season, Tebow and the media derailed the season, and confidence derailed Sanchez on top of it.

    Then the arm chair football experts come out, the media spins, Sanchez was coddled, he'll finally go into a camp with competition, but what #5 overall pick who did earn the job in his rookie season, why should he have received competition each year? How was he coddled?
    In every single way possible

  6. #86
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez ****ing sucks!

  7. #87
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You just failed, we had brunnell, stafford had kitna i know that much. NO ONE had a 42 year old garbage backup as bad as we had.

    Yes i know 100% for sure they draft mcknight for that reason. EVeryone projected the guy to be a friggin street fa. He lasted a year or so on the psquad. He sucked.

    You also totally miss the point of the argument, it is about him being CODDLED which he was not about how much he sucks, we can start a new thread on that if you wish. You utterly failed to counter act my point.
    I failed? Kitna was going to start over Stafford? He was a threat to Stafford? If you believe that for a second you've become a total idiot. He was going to start about the same time that Brunnel was. They were both on their teams rosters to be another coach for their young QBs. Your fail is to not see the difference and actually believe that it made a bit of difference to Sanchezs development. Talk about missing the point, as I said, who cares who's 2 is better. Both were 2's, neither was a threat to the starting QB. McKnight was picked to be a udfa? Wow, so are just about every 7th round pick, not real insightful. So So don't tell me about missing or "counter acting", whatever the fu(k that is your point. You need to look back at other top draft pick QB and see that the way Sanchez was treated was no different than 99.9% of those taken the last 10 years+
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-25-2013 at 07:10 PM.

  8. #88
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    what will it take for the few remaining Suckchez Don Quixotes to finally realize that this guy is a bust who sucks and needs to be replaced this season

  9. #89
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's the convenient spin for Sanchez haters. It wasn't Sanchez, it was the D, it was the RB's, the OL, basically the same players that were also on the team the last 2 years, but they apparently had more to do with the two AFCCG's than Sanchez did.

    There is no sunshine here, it's called sensible analysis and reality. I have no bias towards Sanchez, I simply want him to succeed, and if not, I want Smith to succeed him.

    Mediocrity and failure doesn't take a team to two AFCCG's by accident, no matter how hard you want to spin it. And the 2nd AFCCG was two years ago, can you count?

    Sanchez was a young player, still is, just 26 going into his 5th year. Like I said he's had his problems, and he dug the hole he is in now, but what sense does it make to root against him this year? He's on the team, it makes no sense for the team to cut him or release him, but the team has given him viable competition to either respond to a poor season last year, or be replaced, that's fine.

    But why root against him? Why hate him? What if he does bounce back, what if he comes out like a racehorse? What then?
    That's just not true.

    By the way, Rex Grossman played QB in a Super Bowl. But no one in their right mind will tell you he is or was a good QB. Sanchez was along for the ride. He sucks. Get over it.

    It's Geno time.

  10. #90
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I failed? Kitna was going to start over Stafford? He was a threat to Stafford? If you believe that for a second you've become a total idiot. He was going to start about the same time that Brunnel was. They were both on their teams rosters to be another coach for their young QBs. Your fail is to not see the difference and actually believe that it made a bit of difference to Sanchezs development. Talk about missing the point, as I said, who cares who's 2 is better. Both were 2's, neither was a threat to the starting QB. McKnight was picked to be a udfa? Wow, so are just about every 7th round pick, not real insightful. So So don't tell me about missing or "counter acting", whatever the fu(k that is your point. You need to look back at other top draft pick QB and see that the way Sanchez was treated was no different than 99.9% of those taken the last 10 years+
    This is correct. Sanchez doesn't suck because of a lack of competition. Sanchez sucks because he's inaccurate, can't read defenses, and is mentally weak.

  11. #91
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Cincy still had carson palmer.
    Kapernick beat out smith.
    Wilson beat our flynn.

    You just screwed your own feeble argument.

    Did the jets draft a qb in the 1st 3 rounds when sanchez was here? Did they have any kind of a vet that could play?

    If the jets had drafted some 3rd rounder a few years ago he probably would have beat out or at least put pressure on sanchez....oh no we can't have that.
    Yup

    Sanchez = A Smith and Flynn
    G Smith = Well you get the idea

    I hope Sanchez does great I just don't see it. Sanchez having great year even if you don't want him here makes him prime trade bait. I don't hate Sanchez I just think he has been a poor qb to this point. He has some really good games.

    However, it seems that for Sanchez to shine everyone around him needs to be very good and on top of their game, which is not realistic. The qb has to be the guy that lifts up the people around him not lifted up by the people around him(at least not on a regular basis).

    Sanchez can win when propped up by a top five oline, d, and run game. He has shown that, but so can most half decent QBs.

  12. #92
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Yup

    Sanchez = A Smith and Flynn
    G Smith = Well you get the idea

    I hope Sanchez does great I just don't see it. Sanchez having great year even if you don't want him here makes him prime trade bait. I don't hate Sanchez I just think he has been a poor qb to this point. He has some really good games.

    However, it seems that for Sanchez to shine everyone around him needs to be very good and on top of their game, which is not realistic. The qb has to be the guy that lifts up the people around him not lifted up by the people around him(at least not on a regular basis).

    Sanchez can win when propped up by a top five oline, d, and run game. He has shown that, but so can most half decent QBs.
    If Sanchez does not show enough skills to win a Super Bpwl we should cut bait and run. Ditto anyone else we use at QB. The idea is to win a SB. Nothing else will do just because a fan likes a player does not mean we should be losers! This is a team game! Win the darn Super Bowl!

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You are hilarious. It was SMITH not being coddled by them drafting and letting kapernick take the job you dim wit. Totally unlike the jets in which we had ZERO viable QB to challenge.

    Flynn was signed to be the starter in Seattle, he was NOT coddled by them actually drafting wilson who won the job. You have it ass backwards as usual, you are thinking that the guys who came in and took the jobs were the coddled ones.

    If you can say that mark freaking brunnell was a viable backup let alone viable competition then it will just sign, seal and deliver your delusions regarding the jets.
    And you are clueless, your posts reek of ignorant Sanchez hate.

    Smith's situation in SF is not at all like Sanchez' situation with the Jets. Smith already completed his rookie deal. Smith was a UFA and flirted with teams like Miami, before Harbaugh had to convince him to come back and give it one more try. Harbaugh had no allegiance to Smith. Kaepernick was a 2nd round pick that nobody knew a lot about, unlike Smith, who was the top rated QB in the 2013 QB draft class by many.

    You're grasping at straws. You're all over the place. You failed in mentioning Palmer who wasn't even in the NFL the year Dalton was drafted, and Flynn was a FA pick-up the same year Wilson was drafted.

    Just stop posting, because you don't know what you're talking about.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Kitna wasnt Stafford's back up, he was traded to the Cowboys prior to the 2009 season I believe. Culpepper was his b/u his first year , then Shaun Hill was his b/u. They signed Hill as a RFA because of Staffords injuries.
    Another Beerfish fail!

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I agree with you. Clemens was NOT given a chance to win the job. It was evident. Rex likes who he likes! I doubt that Geno will get much action unless Sanchez gets hurt or really sucks as bad as he did last year!

    Ray keeps defending him from fans who want to win. He should know that if Sanchez shows that he can lead us to a SB and win it, all of us will back him up! The name of the game is winning a SUPER BOWL not being happy because your favorite player starts! This is a team game!
    LMAO

    No, and I'm not defending Sanchez, I'm defending against the ignorance of fans.

    I don't want to win?

    Sanchez isn't my favorite player.

    You obviously also didn't read one word I wrote in this thread.

  16. #96
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you say Sanchez wasn't coddled when Rex literally handed him the position of captain just before the 2011 season, a title normally voted on by a team's players? That's not normal and is merely another in a long line of examples of Rex coddling Sanchez.

  17. #97
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    This is correct. Sanchez doesn't suck because of a lack of competition. Sanchez sucks because he's inaccurate, can't read defenses, and is mentally weak.
    Thats too obvious and simplistic, some need to over analyze everything.

    He whines about every player lately, while missing the mark by a mile.

  18. #98
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    How can you say Sanchez wasn't coddled when Rex literally handed him the position of captain just before the 2011 season, a title normally voted on by a team's players? That's not normal and is merely another in a long line of examples of Rex coddling Sanchez.
    Wow, that proves it.

    And is one hell of a long list....

  19. #99
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on, buddy. Read the first god damn page if you wanna see the list of coddling charges brought against Sanchez. I'm not gonna do all the work for you.

  20. #100
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    How can you say Sanchez wasn't coddled when Rex literally handed him the position of captain just before the 2011 season, a title normally voted on by a team's players? That's not normal and is merely another in a long line of examples of Rex coddling Sanchez.


    Phin fan reaching

    Rex named all the captains, and after he did it, he admitted he didn't even like having captains named, but for that particular season, he did. That wasn't Sanchez' rookie season either.

    The next year, there were no captains.

    Nice try though.

    I guess you think the Dolphins are coddling Tannehill, eh?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us