Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: To the crowd buying into media rhetoric "Sanchez has been coddled..."

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm trying to understand why if he was coddled or not is at all relevant.

Sanchez is not an NFL caliber starting QB. Period. End of story.

Who gives a **** how we got here. We're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Rex coddled Sanchez. End of story.

Tim Tebow, one of the best up and coming players in the NFL and a talented NFL QB, sat and watched Butttfumble turnover the ball constantly all year. Then McElroy, a Rhodes Scholar and a Chad Pennington type of fiesty smart accurate thrower, he had to watch this sh*tshow too.

Rex Ryan is the worst head coach in the NFL. What success has this guy had? He's just a big loud mouth who makes silly outlandish predictions and is more concerned with running with the bulls then coaching this team. I can't wait to see Brady abuse Rex's D and end his career with Shane Vereen and Danny Amendola.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Tim Tebow, one of the best up and coming players in the NFL and a talented NFL QB, sat and watched Butttfumble turnover the ball constantly all year. Then McElroy, a Rhodes Scholar and a Chad Pennington type of fiesty smart accurate thrower, he had to watch this sh*tshow too.

Rex Ryan is the worst head coach in the NFL. What success has this guy had? He's just a big loud mouth who makes silly outlandish predictions and is more concerned with running with the bulls then coaching this team. I can't wait to see Brady abuse Rex's D and end his career with Shane Vereen and Danny Amendola.

Clueless, everything about this post is just stupid.

Tebow sucked, and McElroy in his only shot was afraid to throw the damn ball.

by coddled do you mean he's dumb as hell and he sucks ?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Unfortunately the previous OC's (and Rex gets blame too, esp for bringing in Sparano ) F'd up the assets that Mark did have.

He had a little tiny bit of gunslinger when he was in college & year 1 ... A very, Very, poor man's Brett Favre if you will ... Rex & his OC's have ripped that out & tried to "inside the box" cookie cutter his QB play ... The end to last year completely destroyed the confidence he did have

If somehow MM is able to fix Sanchez he will deserve Assistant Coach of the year award

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Unfortunately the previous OC's (and Rex gets blame too, esp for bringing in Sparano ) F'd up the assets that Mark did have.

He had a little tiny bit of gunslinger when he was in college & year 1 ... A very, Very, poor man's Brett Favre if you will ... Rex & his OC's have ripped that out & tried to "inside the box" cookie cutter his QB play ... The end to last year completely destroyed the confidence he did have

If somehow MM is able to fix Sanchez he will deserve Assistant Coach of the year award
    This 100%.....

And the programing of Sanchez by the Jets "FO media experts" has resulted in Sanchez saying only prepackaged garbadge and him shouldering none of what goes wrong our there on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mornhinweg is NOT Hercules

Even he can't clean up the Suckchez Aegean stable of bustdom

GENOTIME

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I agree with you. I just don't understand why it matters.

This is like arguing about why the Titanic hit the iceberg while the ship is sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Well said.

In Sanchez's defense, he'll get one last (IMO undeserved) chance to prove us all wrong.

His future is in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    In almost every way.

He never "won" the job. To win implies he had competition. He did not, the 78 year old fossil we choose as a #2 was utterly unable to compete, by conscious and specific act (i.e. coddling) of the front office of that time.

He did not "lead" the jets to either AFCCG. He was dragged, in spite of his poor play, by a top-rank Defense and running game, to those AFCCG.

That he was never forced to improve (i.e. coddled) throughout this time, and due to no legitimate competition behind him, was a specific choice of the front office.

Instead, he was given the notorious limits (i.e. the color code system" that was a clear example that he was unable to run an NFL offense in full, and was only going to be trusted to run a small portion of one.

As he ran more, and was needed more, his play got worse from that point on.

Lead in that regression by Sanchez, who went from merely green and low-quality to outright horrific and a liabillity ever time he touched the ball. The fact he was never replaced int he past two years (i.e. coddled) was once again a specific decision by the front office, as was bringing in a man everyone knew would not be used as a #1 QB in Tebow.

Your opinion. Many of us do not agree.

Last season, like all of Sanchez's seasons, his penchant for turnovers and giving points to the other team derailed us more than any other single factor.

Which shows how weak and soft Sanchez was, that he allowed it to effect him and his play.....although as bad as he was, you could hardly tell given how bad he was the year before.

Because he is a soft, spolied, coddled, unpassionate uncaring player who lacks the heart of a competitor, much less a Champion. One need only see him mope on the sidelines to see that.

Of which you, and this thread, are also one.

Because the quality of his play ranks him as the worst #1 QB in the NFL over the past four years.

Because his weaknesses, poor accuracy, int prone, fumble prone, three and out prone, immobile, poor pocket presence and more continue today as they did the day he arrived here.

Doesn't make a difference now. Now he has competition, and will (hopefully) have to actually win the job rather than be handed it again.

Although given the grotesque amount of money he is owned, his being handed the job is still a VERY likely probabillity for 2013. No one, owner of front office, wants to pay a guy double-digit millions of dollars to sit the bench and hold a clipboard.

Sanchez will "win" the #1 job. Sanchez will fail, again. Sanchez will be replaced at the #1 mid-to-late in 2013 season. And Sanchez will be gone in the post-2013 off-season.

Get used to the idea.

Pedantic, condescending, over the top analysis, and despite the confidence, still wrong.

That's our Warfish!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Pedantic, condescending, over the top analysis, and despite the confidence, still wrong.

That's our Warfish!
    sorry but he is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    sorry but he is spot-on.
    Of course he is. Only the sunshine crew disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

That's our Warfish!
    We'll see.

I'm predicting Sanchez will fail again (lack of production and high turnover rate), will be replaced by Geno Smith by mid-season, and will be cut in the 2014 offseason.

Whats your prediction for Mr. Sanchez in 2013, specificly? It would be nice to have your prediction on the record, before the season, so we can look back together and see who is or is not wrong.

So....your prediction for Sanchez is.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    sorry but he is spot-on.
    That's your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    We'll see.

I'm predicting Sanchez will fail again (lack of production and high turnover rate), will be replaced by Geno Smith by mid-season, and will be cut in the 2014 offseason.

Whats your prediction for Mr. Sanchez in 2013, specificly? It would be nice to have your prediction on the record, before the season, so we can look back together and see who is or is not wrong.

So....your prediction for Sanchez is.....?
    I'm not predicting anything.

I know he has a hill to climb and needs to make a response in camp and in the pre-season to gain fans' trust. My problem is why the fanbase have given up on him and refuse to consider the possibility that he could bounce back if the talent is replenished, healthy, and has a competent OC and offensive system to play in.

But the points I laid out, that you refuted, with several of them were grossly inaccurate.