Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Camp News 7/25

Hall Of Fame

Early Camp News 7/25

So far Milliner remains unsigned, Goodson did not report, and McKnight is listed on the Active PUP list.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex Ryan, in statement from team, says they didn't expect Goodson to report and he understands why. No further comment from #Jets

New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    The Jets have placed RB Mike Goodson on their Reserve-Did Not Report list and have placed Joe McKnight on their Active-PUP list..

New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    The Jets have also waived two players with injury settlements: DL Jake McDonough and WR Thomas Mayo.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Braylon says he weighs 215, lowest since 2010. Says Mike Tannenbaum told him last year he was too heavy at 228. #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Not good for Goodson. ****ing idiot HAD to get arrested.

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex says he is disappointed that Milliner is not here #NYJ

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Rex in Geno: "One thing he doesn't have to worry about is getting a fair shot." #Jets

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Asked if he expects to win job, Geno Smith: "In my heart, I expect to have a shot." Says his goal is to become greatest of alltime.

Goodson is not in Jail - correct? Football is his livelihood - I don't see why he shouldn't be in camp? Why cant he go to work?

I thought 1st round picks were essentially slotted as far as contract goes. Contract experts, what are the variables here?

As for Goodson, guy in rehab or something? In any case he is out of the picture as far as i'm concerned.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I thought 1st round picks were essentially slotted as far as contract goes. Contract experts, what are the variables here?

As for Goodson, guy in rehab or something? In any case he is out of the picture as far as i'm concerned.
    Offset language. Since the money is all pretty much guaranteed for the first round guys, teams want protection if they have to cut a player and that player signs somewhere else, the original team is only responsible for the difference between the guaranteed money and what the player signs for with the second team.

I guess for Top 10 players it is a little more complicated because we can sign for a fifth year, at set levels. Many rookies do not want the 5 year contract which hearkens back to the Revis days.

Although the money and length are dictated, how that money is paid is negotiable, as we say with Geno having a lot of money put into off season workouts

Also, there is offset language which can be contentious which is how much money the team recovers if they cut him and he signs with another team. Agents think higher offset dollars mean more likely to be cut

Good guess, make him look good for a plea bargain. Damn I hope he makes it, looking forward to him and Ivory kicking butt.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Do we even know if Milliner is capable of practicing yet b/c of his shoulder?

Jets Insider VIP
    Apparently it's the offset language in the contract. He is guaranteed all of his money for 4 years but the offset language would allow the Jets to be credited for any money Milliner would earn if he happens to be cut by the Jets during the 4 years of his rookie contract and signs with another team. Offset language basically prevents a player from double dipping.

All Pro
    Jake McDonough still a sleeper? Lol

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Goodson is not in Jail - correct? Football is his livelihood - I don't see why he shouldn't be in camp? Why cant he go to work?
    Probably part of the plan so he can play eventually.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Do we even know if Milliner is capable of practicing yet b/c of his shoulder?
    He should be able to practice some. Dion Jordan had the same surgery for the same injury and he was cleared to practice in camp. It was only a shoulder labrum injury which shouldnt really be a big deal for a CB.

great so we got another Revis on our hands.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    great so we got another Revis on our hands.
    Hopefully.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Hopefully.
    lol... ya beat me to it.

Hall Of Fame
    Joe McKnight failed the conditioning test, per source. That is why he landed on PUP. #NYJ

Joe McKnight failed the conditioning test, per source. That is why he landed on PUP. #NYJ
    He really is a joke. Hope we cut him soon

All League
    Loser. Hope he gets cut. Can't believe we let go of Woodhead over this idiot.

I'm more pissed about Goodson than Miliner

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Cardinals placed rookie WR Ryan Swope on reserve/retired list due to concussions. Looks like his NFL career is over.

I know this isnt Jet related but a lot of guys liked this kid coming out of the draft this year. Looks like too many concussions in college forced the kid to retire before his pro career ever started. He was a 6th round pick this year.