Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To the crowd buying into media rhetoric "Sanchez has been coddled..."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

To the crowd buying into media rhetoric "Sanchez has been coddled..."

Just wondering...

How was he coddled? In what way? He came in as a rookie, #5 overall pick, he was going to be given every opportunity to win the starting job out of the gate, he happened to win the job, and despite growing pains, he managed to lead the team to an AFCCG, and then another one the second year. The team regressed, players overhauled at the WR and RB position, his 3rd year started out ok, but the team imploded, not because of Sanchez, but he certainly was part of it. Last year, injuries derailed the season, Tebow and the media derailed the season, and confidence derailed Sanchez on top of it.

Then the arm chair football experts come out, the media spins, Sanchez was coddled, he'll finally go into a camp with competition, but what #5 overall pick who did earn the job in his rookie season, why should he have received competition each year? How was he coddled?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-24-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep saying this. They also make it sound like the Jets did something different. I want to know, how many QB greats had to have someone over their shoulders that were viable threats to take away their starting jobs? Marino? Elway? Aikamn? Payton? It goes on and on....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Brunell never posed a serious threat to his job. Neither did Tebow. His competition was a geriatric and a kid that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Sanchez never lead anything. He was along for the ride and made a handful of plays when called upon. Credit him for that but he did not do the heavy lifting.

I do agree about the shuffling of his WRs not helping. We completely botched the 2011 offseason. And that is part of the reason why Rex needs to go too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't care less if he was or wasn't. Fact of the matter is that he's played like utter garbage and has embarrassed us. Every reasonable fan should want him put on the bench for good, because he's just gonna keep embarrassing us more and more with each snap.

ABS.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mark Brunell never posed a serious threat to his job. Neither did Tebow. His competition was a geriatric and a kid that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Sanchez never lead anything. He was along for the ride and made a handful of plays when called upon. Credit him for that but he did not do the heavy lifting.

I do agree about the shuffling of his WRs not helping. We completely botched the 2011 offseason. And that is part of the reason why Rex needs to go too.
    Brunell wasn't added to the team until Sanchez' 2nd season, did you really expect or think the Jets should have brought in a QB to truly challenge for the starting job? Why?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    who gives a hoot whether he was coddled or not, ray

the fact remains that as an NFL quarterback he sucked in 2011 and then he sucked worse in 2012

Fortunately he will be doing his sucking on the bench in 2013 behind Smith and then he will be packing his bags and saying adios at the end of the season

THE END OF AN ERROR

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Couldn't care less if he was or wasn't. Fact of the matter is that he's played like utter garbage and has embarrassed us. Every reasonable fan should want him put on the bench for good, because he's just gonna keep embarrassing us more and more with each snap.

ABS.
    Two AFCCG's is embarrassing?

He played like garbage last year, when he lost his confidence and when almost every key player that started went down to injury, and the team was signing WR's off of their couch to start that following Sunday.

What wrecked us last season was Sparano, not Sanchez, he was an abysmal failure, and I thought he would be better for the team than he was, he was an abject failure!!! Then injuries. All along with the Tebow dynamic playing a factor in creating a media hurricane around the team all season, what QB would persevere with that much stacked against him?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who gives a hoot whether he was coddled or not, ray

the fact remains that as an NFL quarterback he sucked in 2011 and then he sucked worse in 2012

Fortunately he will be doing his sucking on the bench in 2013 behind Smith and then he will be packing his bags and saying adios at the end of the season

THE END OF AN ERROR
    I give a ****, I think Sanchez gets a raw deal from fans like you and so many others.

I know how bad things got last year, but I believe they aren't all on Sanchez, I believe the injuries, Tebow, and Sparano wrecked the season long before Sanchez had anything to do with it. Sure, Sanchez had his moments, and he deserves to be the position he is in from a competition standpoint, but he doesn't deserve half of the fan base rooting against him.

Back to the point, some fans seem to think they have every answer to why Sanchez won't work, can't work, or has been a failure, and that the Jets did a poor job with him, one of them being this BS about how the team "coddled" Sanchez. Where does this come from, and why? Why is Sanchez an error?

Why can't anyone see Sanchez has had a raw deal from the team the last two years, the complete overhaul of the roster before his 3rd season, the lockout off-season, Schotty and the offense imploding around him, more having to do with Schotty and not Sanchez. Then last year, the abomination that was Sparano leading a non-descript offense that my 9 yr old daughter could figure out after one week, then on top of it, the injuries all over the roster and depth chart, especially on offense. Oh right, the buttfumble, because ESPN loves replaying that 40 times a day, because of their obvious bias against the Jets with obsessive hatred, that must be the reason, right?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-24-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before you blame Suckchez's abysmal play last season 100 percent on Sparano, please explain his equally abysmal 26 turnover season in 2011 with Schotty as his OC?

The fish rotted from the Buttfumbling turnover machine under center

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Brunell wasn't added to the team until Sanchez' 2nd season, did you really expect or think the Jets should have brought in a QB to truly challenge for the starting job? Why?
    You're right. I forgot to add Clemens. But he didn't push Mark either. They could have brought someone in that was going to challenge him and that he could have learned a thing or two from. Kind of like what the Giants did with Eli and Warner. Brunell could have been that guy but he and Mark just became buddies and Brunell was just hanging on for a paycheck. I am not sure how much he was teaching Mark.

I do agree with what Jet Nut touched on. Having a "mentor" or challenger is not a requirement. Mark should have been able to succeed without one. These guys should be able to motivate themselves.

Then there is the whole thing with Rex calling him the "Sanchize". There are just so many different things that are part of reason why Sanchez hasn't worked out. I put some of the blame on him and some of it on the Jets. But how we got to this point doesn't really matter anymore. The damage is done. What we have now is a sh*tty QB that needs to go.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-24-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Before you blame Suckchez's abysmal play last season 100 percent on Sparano, please explain his equally abysmal 26 turnover season in 2011 with Schotty as his OC?

The fish rotted from the Buttfumbling turnover machine under center
    I have no problem giving Sanchez part of the blame, but I'm talking about before things went bad for Sanchez.

Did you forget the opening game, with full health, Sanchez started out like he was going to have a career season. Sanchez has his faults, he deserves some of the blame, but not nearly as much as he is getting. He doesn't deserve fans giving up on him.

Look, if Smith beats him out, and Sanchez doesn't respond to the competition and perform, I want no part of him on the field.

But I also want to see him respond, I want to see him under a heralded offensive coordinator, in an offensive system that is modern day NFL, dynamic, where the coach running it presents a real challenge to NFL defenses, this hasn't been the case, and Ryan has been too stubborn in his insistence to ground and pound. Ryan needs to leave the offense alone, or better, he needs to trust this OC, Marty Mornhinweg, and let him run an offense that Sanchez has flourished in, that can be equally as potentially great for Smith.

It's disgusting that fans won't root for both QB's and for somebody to step up and take the job.

One of the problems I have is that there are fans that will root against him, even if he does do well, and they'll still root against him. THAT is shameless and pathetic, and to me, those fans aren't real fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You're right. I forgot to add Clemens. But he didn't push Mark either. They could have brought someone in that was going to challenge him and that he could have learned a thing or two from. Kind of like what the Giants did with Eli and Warner. Brunell could have been that guy but he and Mark just became buddies and Brunell was just hanging on for a paycheck. I am not sure how much he was teaching Mark.

I do agree with what Jet Nut touched on. Having a "mentor" or challenger is not a requirement. Mark should have been able to succeed without one. These guys should be able to motivate themselves.

Then there is the whole thing with Rex calling him the "Sanchize". There are just so many different things that are part of reason why Sanchez hasn't worked out. I put some of the blame on him and some of it on the Jets. But how we got to this point doesn't really matter anymore. The damage is done. What we have now is a sh*tty QB that needs to go.
    This is exactly what I'm after.

There is no friggin' way any team is going to bring in legit competition for their young and hopeful franchise QB. After Sanchez' first season, the team is in a position to feel Mark is the answer at QB, to develop him, to improve him, help him grow, and to become a franchise QB. If they bring in an established vet, they create a QB controversy and then basically set up Sanchez to fail before he even is given the chance to fail on his own.

Tell me any other team that would do this in the league and has?

Should Miami have brought in a veteran to challenge Tannehill this year? Did they?

SF with Kaepernick? Did they?

Seattle with Wilson? Did they?

Cincy with Dalton? Did they?

The list goes on...

It's absolutely moronic to think the Jets should have brought in competition for Sanchez before his second season, and even his 3rd season.

Now that Sanchez has had two years where there are question marks? Ok, sure. The NFL also stands for "not for long," THIS year, it DOES make sense.

And the Jets have, they used the draft to do it, to give themselves an option to hand the reigns over to another young, highly rated QB, and they are going about it all the right way.

But beyond all of this, why root against Sanchez? Even now? It makes no sense, even with Smith. You want to root Smith on? Sure? I sure am, but I'm rooting for Smith as much as I'm rooting for Sanchez. We need ONE of these QB's to take this team, lead it, and perform.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-24-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two AFCCG losses from 3 f'ing years ago. SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! Let's completely discard the fact that he was riding on the backs of a top oline, d, and running game.

He was a scrub game manager with those things and a complete screw up without them. He's an int, fumble, buttfumble, overthrown ball, and forgotten play waiting to happen.

Maybe YOU and the sunshine crew are happy with mediocrity and failure, but us REAL fans want better for our team. We actually want them to succeed, unlike you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two AFCCG losses from 3 f'ing years ago. SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! Let's completely discard the fact that he was riding on the backs of a top oline, d, and running game.

He was a scrub game manager with those things and a complete screw up without them. He's an int, fumble, buttfumble, overthrown ball, and forgotten play waiting to happen.

Maybe YOU and the sunshine crew are happy with mediocrity and failure, but us REAL fans want better for our team. We actually want them to succeed, unlike you.
    That's the convenient spin for Sanchez haters. It wasn't Sanchez, it was the D, it was the RB's, the OL, basically the same players that were also on the team the last 2 years, but they apparently had more to do with the two AFCCG's than Sanchez did.

There is no sunshine here, it's called sensible analysis and reality. I have no bias towards Sanchez, I simply want him to succeed, and if not, I want Smith to succeed him.

Mediocrity and failure doesn't take a team to two AFCCG's by accident, no matter how hard you want to spin it. And the 2nd AFCCG was two years ago, can you count?

Sanchez was a young player, still is, just 26 going into his 5th year. Like I said he's had his problems, and he dug the hole he is in now, but what sense does it make to root against him this year? He's on the team, it makes no sense for the team to cut him or release him, but the team has given him viable competition to either respond to a poor season last year, or be replaced, that's fine.

But why root against him? Why hate him? What if he does bounce back, what if he comes out like a racehorse? What then?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I am rooting against Sanchez. I just think he is done and would like to see us move on. If he comes and and does well I will gladly take my medicine. I think Mark is a good kid and as much as I said I wanted him to get benched last year I actually felt bad for him when it happened.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intchez is DONE. Scrub probably won't even be a backup once we cut him, lol.

I just hope he throws a **** load of picks in preseason. Always funny as hell to watch his blinders, haha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intchez is DONE. Scrub probably won't even be a backup once we cut him, lol.

I just hope he throws a **** load of picks in preseason. Always funny as hell to watch his blinders, haha.
    I guess when you don't really have any argument to the points made in this thread, stick with the same juvenile crap that SOJF's know best.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, change your panties, sunshine. Your man crush for Buttchez is disturbing.
    Last edited by McGinley; 07-24-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember last year Sanchez was told to throw to the spot where the receiver was supposes to be by Soprano. You'd see a lot of plays where the ball was thrown to the flat and nobody was there. There was a lot of confusion in general. I remember the pass that Hill dropped that hit him in the chest and would have iced the first Pats game for us. I agree last year was a clusterf*ck of a season that makes most of us sick. I just want to see them get this thing turned around with or without Mark.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you that silly ray ray? Please.

He came in a 'won' the job?

They handed him the job with no competition.
    They went well out of their way to have ZERO backup that could threaten him.
    Even after lots of disasterous outings he was always praised and propped up and was never blamed.
    He was given far more credit for some success than was warranted.
    They wasted a draft pick on his best buddy.
    He came into the league with something very very rare for a new Qb, a top 5 oline, defense and running game.
    The gm gave him an extension beyond all logic after they pursued manning.

Probably the most coddled QB I can ever remember in any league. He might not be beyond hope right now if they slapped him upside the head and made him earn his job much earlier.