Thread: With the latest signings (Richardson & Braylon) I can't wait for KRL's TC Reports!!

Thumbs up With the latest signings (Richardson & Braylon) I can't wait for KRL's TC Reports!!

This has been a good week for the Jets faithful.

I watched the latest videos of a very motivated Cromartie leading the db's etc in training drills and some torrid offseason training. The man looks in prime condition.

After the PUP placement of the bum Holmes, I was gettinh worried at the thin ranks of the WR.

The signing of Braylon Edwards after he passed the physical puts to rest some of the concerns. But we need to see him in action: TC, preseason etc. He's a fine mentor and complement to Thrill Hill.

Signing Shell Rich earlier today for 4 years is also wonderful news. Just Milliner to go.

Winslow was showing some flashed in OTA's. We have a whiz kid OC, decent talent at rb and a retooled OL. Sanchez and Smith aren't going to relinquish or back down in the open qb comp judging from their recent media interviews.

Can't Wait!!

Things are starting to look just a little bit brighter now. I think the Jets could be an exciting and dangerous team to watch this year.

just curious, when are practices open to the public so we can get these great reports?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    just curious, when are practices open to the public so we can get these great reports?
    First practice tomorrow is open to the public.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/...-schedule.html

All League
    I have to agree that bringing in BE at least helps with veteran depth. I love the guy as a Jet, but the fact so many teams have passed on him despite his improved hands (since Cleveland and 1st Jets season) and large size implicates that there's a SOLID reason teams stay away.

I like the signing b/c it shows Idzik appreciates VALUE. He knew that BE was on the sidelines the entire time waiting to hear from ANYBODY, but not a priority, and probably signed him as cheap as you can get right before TC begins.

The Richardson signing is key because from what I read, Sheldon seems like the type of player who can motivate a defense with his "infectious play." We may not be great this year, but Sheldon Richardson could make it A LOT of fun to watch our defense this year w/all the other revamps & speed added.

Millner is yet to sign, but I don't see that becoming a distracting issue. Idzik is patient and will strike when the price is right (BE signing) when adding any other FAs. I think he'll be continuing to tweak the roster up until the last minute gathering cast off fruit (other veterans cut from teams after TC). We are FAAAR from a finished roster/product, but the horizon seems very very promising Front Office Management-wise.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    I have to agree that bringing in BE at least helps with veteran depth. I love the guy as a Jet, but the fact so many teams have passed on him despite his improved hands (since Cleveland and 1st Jets season) and large size implicates that there's a SOLID reason teams stay away.

I like the signing b/c it shows Idzik appreciates VALUE. He knew that BE was on the sidelines the entire time waiting to hear from ANYBODY, but not a priority, and probably signed him as cheap as you can get right before TC begins.

The Richardson signing is key because from what I read, Sheldon seems like the type of player who can motivate a defense with his "infectious play." We may not be great this year, but Sheldon Richardson could make it A LOT of fun to watch our defense this year w/all the other revamps & speed added.

Millner is yet to sign, but I don't see that becoming a distracting issue. Idzik is patient and will strike when the price is right (BE signing) when adding any other FAs. I think he'll be continuing to tweak the roster up until the last minute gathering cast off fruit (other veterans cut from teams after TC). We are FAAAR from a finished roster/product, but the horizon seems very very promising Front Office Management-wise.
    I like the Braylon signing and I am hoping he can help Hill. Hill and Braylon are basically the same reciever. Big, Tall, Fast and prone to drops early in their career. I'm hoping Braylon takes Hill under his wing (on the field) and HIll learns how to play the game, and what not to do when off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post

And a motivated Braylon has the perfect opportunity to prove all his critics wrong and flip the bird at the teams that wouldn't give him a chance.

Now that he's back with the Jets, he holds his own destiny in his own hands, so to speak. And if anything, Braylon's a fighter. I like them odds and this is a great guy to root for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUO8ScYVeDo

If he plays really well this season, I might have to shell out for a Braylon Jets Nike jersey.

Lord, let if be so

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    And a motivated Braylon has the perfect opportunity to prove all his critics wrong and flip the bird at the teams that wouldn't give him a chance.

Now that he's back with the Jets, he holds his own destiny in his own hands, so to speak. And if anything, Braylon's a fighter. I like them odds and this is a great guy to root for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUO8ScYVeDo

If he plays really well this season, I might have to shell out for a Braylon Jets Nike jersey.

Lord, let if be so
    He had a chance to do that in SF when no one made him an offer and he played for peanuts and it never happened for him.

He had a second chance to do that last year in Seattle and nothing happened.

Want him to help more than being just another JAG that his numbers say he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He had a chance to do that in SF when no one made him an offer and he played for peanuts and it never happened for him.

He had a second chance to do that last year in Seattle and nothing happened.

Want him to help more than being just another JAG that his numbers say he is.
    Sorry mate a JAG doesn't put up 16 touchdowns a year at any point in his career. Granted that was a few years ago but he has produced big time before.

In Green and White he has performed admirably. Like I said he holds his destiny in his own two hands now, and he is a proud player with an even bigger chip on his shoulder now.

You have your opinion. But I wouldn't bet against him, long shot or whatever...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Sorry mate a JAG doesn't put up 16 touchdowns a year at any point in his career. Granted that was a few years ago but he has produced big time before.

In Green and White he has performed admirably. Like I said he holds his destiny in his own two hands now, and he is a proud player with an even bigger chip on his shoulder now.

You have your opinion. But I wouldn't bet against him, long shot or whatever...
    Sorry, he hasn't done it the last two years. I was pretty specific in that he's played like a Jag in the last 2 years.

Love your optimism, hope he can play well here. Point was getting p1ssed, feeling slighted did nothing for his play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Sorry, he hasn't done it the last two years. I was pretty specific in that he's played like a Jag in the last 2 years.

Love your optimism, hope he can play well here. Point was getting p1ssed, feeling slighted did nothing for his play.
    He was injured 2 years ago and really didn't get fully healthy until the end of last year when he played pretty well for us.

I think the problem with Braylon is that he has an odd personality and does not fit in.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...e-185af2f3c1f9

It's time for a Jets summer sequel: Braylon Edwards 3.

Edwards, the bearded veteran wide receiver, joins the Green & White for the third time after passing his physical exam Wednesday. He joins a wideout group that will begin training camp without its most experienced player, Santonio Holmes, who was placed on the Jets' Active–Physically Unable to Perform list.

Edwards (6'3", 214) first arrived in an October 2009 trade with Cleveland, the team that drafted him third overall in the 2005 draft. In his first two seasons with the Jets, he compiled 88 catches for 1,445 yards (16.4-yard average) and 11 touchdowns.

He left as a free agent after the 2010 season and spent time with San Francisco in '11 and Seattle last year. When the Seahawks released him in December, the Jets acquired him on waivers and he added 10 receptions for 125 yards in the final three games.

After becoming a free agent again this offseason, he returns for his third hitch in green.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...e-185af2f3c1f9

It's time for a Jets summer sequel: Braylon Edwards 3.

Edwards, the bearded veteran wide receiver, joins the Green & White for the third time after passing his physical exam Wednesday. He joins a wideout group that will begin training camp without its most experienced player, Santonio Holmes, who was placed on the Jets' Active–Physically Unable to Perform list.

Edwards (6'3", 214) first arrived in an October 2009 trade with Cleveland, the team that drafted him third overall in the 2005 draft. In his first two seasons with the Jets, he compiled 88 catches for 1,445 yards (16.4-yard average) and 11 touchdowns.

He left as a free agent after the 2010 season and spent time with San Francisco in '11 and Seattle last year. When the Seahawks released him in December, the Jets acquired him on waivers and he added 10 receptions for 125 yards in the final three games.

After becoming a free agent again this offseason, he returns for his third hitch in green.

Don't you just hate Double-Posts?

Jets Insider VIP
    isn't today the first practice?

if so, looking forward to KRL time

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/bray_playoff_promise_3VjBa2OFhttp://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/bray_playoff_promise_3VjBa2OF5ZAxXVfXokHXhM5ZAxXVf XokHXhM

CORTLAND – Newly-signed Braylon Edwards – back for his third stint with the Jets – opened camp at SUNY-Cortland today by vowing Gang Green are “definitely” a playoff team. But he said it’s not their ability that’s improved but their attitude, better chemistry top-to-bottom that will get them into the postseason.

“I definitely feel this team has some pieces and could definitely be much better than people see them to be. Listening to how everybody is playing their roles – which is a key word for this organization: roles – we have a shot to be much better than we were the last year,’’ said Edwards, adamant the Jets are a playoff team. “Definitely. (But) a lot goes into that.
    “A lot of times people fall out of their role and try to get involved in other things that don’t concern them. That’s not just the players. That’s when organizations fall apart. Administration plays a big role in that. People need to stay in their lane. You can’t crash if everybody’s going straight and staying in their lane. But if you’re weaving in different lanes, now you have pile-ups. If we got everybody going straight then the sky is the limit.’’

It’s easy to see how that could happen on the Jets, a team that has spawned drama over the past few years. And after playing here during successful 2009 and 2010 campaigns, but also came back for the tail end of last year’s dysfunction, Edwards has seen it all. But what he doesn’t see is that kind of discord in 2013.

“Players get to focusing about other things, focusing about what this guy has going on, what this guy is doing, or isn’t doing, they get to worrying about how this guy is coaching, who’s getting favoritism,’’ Edwards said. “Worry about yourself. Are you doing everything you can do to help this organization, doing everything you need to be doing and can anybody tell you you’re not doing something right?

“So far I don’t sense that. Everybody’s spirit seems lifted, obviously when I came here it could easily have been a situation where everybody was down in the dumps. But just listening to people, there has been a consistent theme in talking to people. People are happy. That’s what I mean when I say we can be a playoff team.’’

Edwards didn’t expect to sign his one-year deal so quickly, anticipating the Jets would wait until further along in camp before having need for him. But the fact is Gang Green needs this 30-year-old receiver with just 33 catches the past two seasons as much as he needs them. He was their most productive wideout over 2012s final three tilts, and he has always had a great rapport with Mark Sanchez.
    “It was great. I saw his little video to the fans on Instagram, which was pretty funny. It’s great to have Braylon,’’ said Sanchez. “He’s always smiling, always having a good time, a great personality for any team. Selfishly, I’m glad he’s back.’’

It’s no coincidence that Sanchez had his best season in 2010 throwing to Edwards, while the 6-foot-3 receiver averaged a career-best 17.1 yards-per-catch that season. The Jets’ much-maligned receiver corps would get a huge boost if Edwards and Sanchez could recapture even a modicum of that former chemistry.

“Mark is definitely a friend of mine off the field as well as away from the Jets. I wish him well and hope he can be the guy,’’ said Edwards. “But at the same time I’m a Jet first so I hope the guy that wins this job is going to help us to the next level, get us to the playoffs back where we belong and hopefully even further.’’

The fact that GM John Idzik called to bring Edwards back even quicker than the veteran receiver himself had expected could well signal the Jets’ concern over receiver Santonio Holmes’s surgically-repaired foot. But when asked when Holmes might be back, Edwards stayed in his lane.

“Haven’t asked, haven’t had time and don’t care,’’ said Edwards. “Santonio will be back out here when he can get back out here. My job is to go out there and do what they need me to do, practice to start. That’s why I came here.’’

He should have a more than fair chance to play, between Holmes’ status being very much in question, Stephen Hill having had knee surgery in December, and Rex Ryan being a huge fan of Edwards, to the point of limiting his reps in practice to keep him healthy enough for games.

“Obviously you guys know how I feel about Braylon, his competitiveness, the toughness that he brings to your team,’’ Ryan said. “We’ll make sure we’re doing right by him as well. LaRon Landry, we had a pitch-count on him at practice to make sure he’s there on Sundays; I think we’ll have to look at (Edwards), some other veteran players. I’ll lean on my medical staff.

“But Braylon’s in phenomenal shape. I think he weighed in at 214 or 215 pounds. That’s quite a ways down from where we last saw Braylon. Just that toughness, you talk about a guy that represents the Jets way of doing things, certainly represents me on the field, the way I want my guys to play, playing like a Jet, that’s Braylon Edwards. I’m proud that he’s back on this football team.’’

A surprisingly-lithe Edwards arrived at Cortland 14 lbs. lighter than last year, and his lightest since 2010 – coincidently, his last productive season with 53 catches for 904 yards and seven TDs.

“I’m not dealing with an injury: If I had an injury I don’t think I’d be here right now. I think that’s just a decision Rex wants to make. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older. I’m the big 3-0 now. But I’m 100 percent healthy for the first time in awhile,’’ Edwards said. “I’m not going to go against what Rex said. What Rex wants, Rex gets.

“(But) this is definitely the best shape I’ve been in. When I came in last year I was 228. It was all muscle, but Mike Tannenbaum, who is no longer with us, he didn’t like the 228. He made a couple comments about it, so I chose this offseason to focus on running a lot more, not lifting. I’d been doing a lot of lifting, worrying about blocking as opposed to catching passes and running by guys. So I did a lot more cardio this offseason.’’

People need to stay in their lane. You can’t crash if everybody’s going straight and staying in their lane. But if you’re weaving in different lanes, now you have pile-ups. If we got everybody going straight then the sky is the limit.’

I'd like "Tell me he did not just say that" for $500, Alex.

Considering his history regarding getting-behind-the-wheel, should he be using analogies like that?

I understand what he's saying but still.....

Yeah thanks Vin.

Post was taking forever to load, and again a double post.

Glad it made your day!! Anyways, am happy that Braylon's back in Green and White!