Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Kerry Rhodes Signed With Jets...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kerry Rhodes Signed With Jets...

Would make this defense top 3 in the AFC(easily):

DE:Wilkerson
    NT:Garay/Ellis
    DE:Richardson

OLB: Coples
    ILB: Davis
    ILB: Harris
    OLB: Barnes

CB: Cro
    CB: Millner/Wilson
    SS: Dawan Landry
    FS: Kerry Rhodes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let bygones be bygone. The Jets were supposedly on the outs with Braylon Edwards and signed him twice. And re: Rhodes' private life. This isn't the 5th grade and Rhodes has been with as many women as Woody's hero Tim Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Misleading thread title and horrible premise.

Ban.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such a misleading thread title. So lame.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Misleading thread title and horrible premise.

Ban.
    I second this motion.

OP is a bad man.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay; I get it. It's definitely not a mainstream idea; but I'd be for it. Anything to improve the team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Such a misleading thread title. So lame.
    Yeah man, this thread stinks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends how Bush comes along. If Rhodes would play like he did early in his career and like he did when he first arrived in AZ I could see Rex being open to the idea..... but if he is going to pull his diva crap and only play hard when he wants too I rather stick with Dawan and the young guys.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    not facing the pat TE's makes a cover FS less a priority. I'd rather the jets get somebody that can tackle

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite play he ever did was against the Giants when he stripped Brandon Jacobs, picked up the football, and ran it in for a TD. So amazing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He seems to play in the back end nicely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Highly doubt he gets signed now that its out he is gay.. Rhodes is too good of player to be out there this long.. This is only reason I can think he is out there now.

I know t his is suppose to be a new age with gay pride and all that stuff.. But a sports locker room behind the scenes is ran by Men . Who would probably feel real uncomfortable showering and walking around naked in front of gay guys ..

Just my opinion tho.. But just watch lets see if Jason Collins and Kerry Rhodes get jobs this year..
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Scoop24; 07-25-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it is just b.c of the ghey thing. He signed a contract extension with the Jets and immediately became soft. He started doing some modeling/acting gigs and music videos and he was never the same player. Worst of all he stopped tackling. His first couple of seasons he played well and had some great performances against the Patriots that helped endear him to us fans. But that was a looooong time ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think it is just b.c of the ghey thing. He signed a contract extension with the Jets and immediately became soft. He started doing some modeling/acting gigs and music videos and he was never the same player. Worst of all he stopped tackling. His first couple of seasons he played well and had some great performances against the Patriots that helped endear him to us fans. But that was a looooong time ago.
    67 tackles ,2 ff, 4 int Alot of teams could use that right now including us.. Dude is a top 5 FS in this league.. He may not be physical but he can cover his ass off.

Adrian Wilson had a worse year and was picked up in the same week after his release..

I know for fact there a lot of players the feel the same way Chris Culliver does when he made those anti - gay comments last year..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 07-25-2013 at 07:30 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been paying close attention to him, but PFF has him as the 4th rated safety last year. 6th rated in run defense. For a free safety obviously not in a position to make a lot of tackles, he had 63. QBs had a 64.5 QB rating against him. Compare that to LaRon at 97.5, and Bell at 88.2. I'd be all for signing him to a short term, incentive based contract. He might be able to fluster Brady as well. That's a plus.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are also forgetting to consider what his relationship was like with Rex. If their was a complete regime change then I might be able to see it. But I think Rex and him butted heads a bit and he did not play up to Rex's expectations. The ghey thing is obviously a factor no matter what people say publicly but I think even if that didn't exist he wouldn't be coming here b.c of how things went down with Rex.

Call me a bigot if you want but I can sympathize with a team being concerned about the ghey thing. It is a distraction. And in NY it would be 10 times as much. You also have to take into consideration that there are 52 other players in that locker room plus the PS. If I was an owner of GM he would have to be an Aaron Rodger/Adrian Peterson/JJ Watt type player to justify putting up with the possible distractions and locker room chemistry issues. We like to think that everyone would be tolerant but we know that is not the case.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rhodes, despite the ambiguities surrounding his personal life, will be signed by some team after week 1, thus avoiding having to guarantee his contract.

As much as Rhodes short-comings are, he still would represent an upgrade for the Jets ... but Ryan does not strike me as open to a do-over with Rhodes.

Ironically Rhodes might have helped himself this off-season by coming out - there would be a team somewhere in the league that wants to be perceived as progressive - i.e. the first team in the league to ever sign an openly gay player. As it is, no one believes Rhodes protestations that he is straight so he comes across as disingenuous in his "I am straight" protests.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Merge this with the "We are the top offense in the AFC" thread and lets start talking Super Bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defense is not the problem, even the 85' Bears D couldn't counter this O.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Merge this with the "We are the top offense in the AFC" thread and lets start talking Super Bowl.
    I think that other thread was the top offense in the AFC East but I like where you are going with this.

I wonder what rank we can expect from our special teams? With Cundiff signed I think it would have to be top ten if not top five amirite?