Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the heck happened?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Except for using a 2nd on Geno (who is a project) the Jets have done nothing to improve our passing attack. Can't win when you neglect that. The draft should've been:

Warmack
    Eifert
    Geno
    Stedman Bailey

We'd be in a much better position to compete

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Except for using a 2nd on Geno (who is a project) the Jets have done nothing to improve our passing attack. Can't win when you neglect that. The draft should've been:

Warmack
    Eifert
    Geno
    Stedman Bailey

Nothing? Braylon and Winslow you call nothing? And by the way, I'll take Milliner and Richardson over Warmack and Eifert, especially since we drafted Winters who will be a stud and signed Winslow.

Warmack
    Eifert
    Geno
    Stedman Bailey

Partially agree, except no need to draft a guard that high when we got a solid one in the 3rd.

We did the right thing goin D with the first pick, we have a good receiving TE in Cumberland so Eifert would of been a waste IMO.

Would of liked us to pick a wideout with the 13th overall but you can't complain at the talent in Richardson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Nothing? Braylon and Winslow you call nothing? And by the way, I'll take Milliner and Richardson over Warmack and Eifert, especially since we drafted Winters who will be a stud and signed Winslow.
    Braylon and Winslow are marginal players, not difference makers and not reliable. And regarding Milliner and Richardson, they might turn out to be good players, but we already had talent at DL and CB...our 31st ranked offense needs more impact players.

Warmack
    Eifert
    Geno
    Stedman Bailey

compete this year, maybe. compete a few years from now when they will have the opportunity to get better offensive weapons and pair them with these defensive guys, maybe not.

Sanchez 6,000 yards, 80 TDs, 2 INTs

Jets finish 8-8

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Braylon and Winslow are marginal players, not difference makers and not reliable. And regarding Milliner and Richardson, they might turn out to be good players, but we already had talent at DL and CB...our 31st ranked offense needs more impact players.
    BPA, not best guys I like on O.

Their thought process was right.

Practice Squad
    .our 31st ranked offense needs more impact players.
    "Impact players" aren't bought in FA. They are put into a system that best fits their skill set so they shine. You can get a young randy moss but if you don't utilize his speed, how will he change the game? Wes Welker would have been considered marginal at best. there are some exceptions to this but not many.

Ivory could be an impact player
    Hill could become an impact player under MM
    The list goes on and on....

It's more about the system if they have the physical gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    "Impact players" aren't bought in FA. They are put into a system that best fits their skill set so they shine. You can get a young randy moss but if you don't utilize his speed, how will he change the game? Wes Welker would have been considered marginal at best. there are some exceptions to this but not many.

Ivory could be an impact player
    Hill could become an impact player under MM
    The list goes on and on....

Its more about the system if they have the physical gifts.
    So true. This team under Sh!ty and Sporano, there was zero systyem. lets see what MM brings in. Might be interesting too see.

Hall Of Fame

Warmack
    Eifert
    Geno
    Stedman Bailey

Watching the careers of Eifert and Richardson will be pretty interesting for guys like me and you that wanted the Jets to pick him. Same for Milliner and Warmack. Although I think Winters is going to be a good player for us.

Warmack
    Eifert
    Geno
    Stedman Bailey

The Jets were very interested in pairing up Austin with Geno, but the Rams changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Sanchez 6,000 yards, 80 TDs, 2 INTs

Jets finish 8-8
    That would suggest that Rex's "Defense" did not do the job.

Don't forget our big weapon joe mcknight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You mean Joe McPuke?

Or Joe McDonalds-Cheeseburgers since he is OUT-OF-SHAPE in a friggin' contract year???

THAT Joe McKnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    MM might be the 1st OC to utilize Joe.
    MM knows how to involve the backs in the passing game.
    I'm interested.

Warmack
    Eifert
    Geno
    Stedman Bailey

Disagree and I was a Chance Warmack supporter. I think he'll be a good Guard he won't be elite like a Steve Hutchison or Larry Allen. Eifert is a risky pick anytime you take a TE in round 1 it's an enormous risk look at the Jets own history.

Bray is a decent receiver who will help Hill and Kerley b/c he'll draw the #1 CB, Kerley can line up at slot, and Hill will draw the 2nd or 3rd Corner. Remember how much damage Hill did week 1 versus the Bills when their 3rd DB was covering him?

Millner is going to be a top 5 CB and Richardson has Warren Sapp written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    All of a sudden the Jets could have more offensive firepower than any other team in the AFC east.
    Everything hinges on health & the QB.

Oline still has 2 pro bowlers at the 2 most important spots, LT & center.
    Howard will only get better & if Colon gets through camp there will be at least 4 guys battling for the LG spot! (When's the last time we had that depth?)

The combination of Ivory, Goodsen & Powell is incredibly versatile.
    Ivory brings power & punch in a Marshawn Lynch way. Goodsen has the speed to test the edges on sweeps, also can catch the ball on screens & coud be very dangerous in the open field. Powell is the Swiss Army knife of the bunch, ( good blocker, great hands, & has a little wiggle, he reminds me of Kevin Faulk).

Winslow? I know it's a big if, but he is better than Keller if he's on the field.
    Hayden Smith? If this guys ready I believe he will be Witten lite.
    Cumberland? Now MM can just let him release into the secondary looking for mismatches. (We know he's not a great blocker), but he actually can run.
    * Add in the youngsters in camp Pantele ect., way more depth than last year.

Wide receivers? The wildcard for 2013. Last year after week 4 we had NOTHING.
    Holmes was gone, Hill was hobbled & had no clue what he was doing & thinking too much. And with losing Keller at TE, defenses had to only stop Greene & Kerley to shut down the Jets.
    Kerleys year is much more impressive when you realize he had zero help!
    Now with Bray & Hill on the outside & an actual veteran TE to cover, Kerley will shine in the slot under MM.
    * Add in the youngsters & you never know if you find a pearl?
    I also like the idea MM can go three TEs with Winslow, Smith & Cumby.
    * I just love going into this season as a favorite for worst record in the league.
    Rex & MM are veteran coaches that will use this to their advantage. There are a lot of players on this team looking to make a statement.
    Colon, Garay, Ivory, Goodsen, Bray, Winslow, Barnes, Pace, Harris, Cro now that he's the man, Landry.
    While I don't think any of these individuals are game changers, when you add them up as a whole they provide a leadership & depth that we didn't have last year. Pace, Barnes, Garay & Harris will benefit from the young studs, Wilk, Coples & Richardson.
    Cro, Milliner, Wilson, Landry will benefit from a stronger pass rush.
    Ellis will benefit from Garay & Snacks for breathers.
    Even our average LBs will benefit from our strong Dline keeping them clean.
    Though we don't have superstars at the skill positions on offense, we have enough now for MM to jab defenses into mistakes.
    Like in boxing you don't have to have a huge overhand if you have a great jab.
    I see a lot of close games, where we tire out another team with our strong lines & then close them out in the second half with a burst from Goodsen.
    I'm very excited for this season.
    Lighten up on the ganja bro. On paper, this is one of the worst offenses in the league

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I have to see them on the field before I fully agree with you but looking at the rest of the divison, your post is valid. Months ago this team was a laughing stock etc....I am looking at the roster....sheet this team will compete in 2013 and it's scary to think of 2014 with the mega amount of picks.

All of a sudden the Jets could have more offensive firepower than any other team in the AFC east.

Howard will only get better & if Colon gets through camp there will be at least 4 guys battling for the LG spot! (When's the last time we had that depth?)

Ivory brings power & punch in a Marshawn Lynch way. Goodsen has the speed to test the edges on sweeps, also can catch the ball on screens & coud be very dangerous in the open field. Powell is the Swiss Army knife of the bunch, ( good blocker, great hands, & has a little wiggle, he reminds me of Kevin Faulk).

Winslow? I know it's a big if, but he is better than Keller if he's on the field.
    Cumberland? Now MM can just let him release into the secondary looking for mismatches. (We know he's not a great blocker), but he actually can run.

Holmes was gone, Hill was hobbled & had no clue what he was doing & thinking too much. And with losing Keller at TE, defenses had to only stop Greene & Kerley to shut down the Jets.
    Now with Bray & Hill on the outside & an actual veteran TE to cover, Kerley will shine in the slot under MM.
    * I just love going into this season as a favorite for worst record in the league.
    Rex & MM are veteran coaches that will use this to their advantage. There are a lot of players on this team looking to make a statement.
    Colon, Garay, Ivory, Goodsen, Bray, Winslow, Barnes, Pace, Harris, Cro now that he's the man, Landry.
    While I don't think any of these individuals are game changers, when you add them up as a whole they provide a leadership & depth that we didn't have last year. Pace, Barnes, Garay & Harris will benefit from the young studs, Wilk, Coples & Richardson.
    Though we don't have superstars at the skill positions on offense, we have enough now for MM to jab defenses into mistakes.
    I see a lot of close games, where we tire out another team with our strong lines & then close them out in the second half with a burst from Goodsen.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I am looking at every team in the division and each has question marks....the jets will not be the cellar dweller.

The only real way we have a top 10 offense if Geno turns into an absolute stud. The league has changed too much to have a true ground and pound team be a top 10 offense because it's a league of QBs now. Unless you have an uber-athletic QB running the read option as in SF or Washington, the running back led offense just isn't going to be a top 10 offense.