Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Woody/Jets considering changing throwbacks to 90s uni?

  1. #1

    Woody/Jets considering changing throwbacks to 90s uni?



    Would be pretty neat. Much better than the Titans throwbacks.

  2. #2
    Got no problem with that.

    The titans ones were about as attractive as a Pig putting on make-up.

  3. #3
    Yes!!!



    Thise are the unis of the Jets of my childhood, bring em' back!

  4. #4
    This thread is useless without pics!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    This thread is useless without pics!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    These are from the 80's which I would prefer..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    This thread is useless without pics!
    Shut up, Meg.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Shut up, Meg.
    Come on, be nice.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Come on, be nice.
    Lol, I was joking. Family Guy reference, haha.

    Now, if you'd like me to post my thesis on why the uni looks good...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Lol, I was joking. Family Guy reference, haha.

    Now, if you'd like me to post my thesis on why the uni looks good...
    Ah, right over the head. I was wondering why you were calling me Meg.
    And please ---no thesissses!!!! BTW I was actually in a Radio Shack today and am actually considering buying something from there.

    Now, how 'bout some 90's pics

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Now, how 'bout some 90's pics
    Main difference is the slightly darker shade of green, the black outline along the numbers, stripes, and helmet logo, and the facemasks went from white to black.


  12. #12
    I prefer our main unis, but those would be a solid uni if we ever change.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,975
    I hate those 90's uniforms. When I see those uniforms I think of Kotite, the shovel pass and the spike game. I was at the game when Dennis Byrd got hurt in that uniform, very bad Karma. Parcells hated them too, and changed them the very next year. The Jets had a lot of success in those 80's uniforms,Sack Exchange, Playoffs, a number of great players, and some fond memories of those crazy games at Shea.Hope Woody goes with the 80's throwback, instead of bringing back the memories of those miserable 90's teams.

    Last edited by 2009fatman; 07-28-2013 at 02:18 AM.

  14. #14
    Please change back to the 80s/early 90s uniforms full time. Enough with the inanimate Circle n Ball logo coupled with hideous ultra dark green.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Please change back to the 80s/early 90s uniforms full time. Enough with the inanimate Circle n Ball logo coupled with hideous ultra dark green.
    Completely disagree. I prefer the armyish green 1000 x over.

  16. #16
    the jets new a whole new redesign of the uniform. the 80's was terrible uniform, the 90's was bad. and what we wearing today sucks too. it all about the 44 yrs of this franchise losing. we need a new identity, and thaty starts with a fresh redesign of the uniform and logo.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,244
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Love the single stripe on the pants. Just make it thinner or take it away.

  18. #18
    If the Jets do wear throwbacks, I believe it will be the 80's version. The 90's uniform with the black trim was worn on some of the worst teams in Jets history.

    Although Woody acknowledged that they are considering it, I believe he meant the 80's uniform which is much richer in the history of the franchise.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Much as I dislike the Disco Electric green and awful logo, I certainly agree it's a better choice for an occasional throwback than those hideous Titan blue things based on stuff Harry Wismer purchased on the clearance rack at Modell's

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    I hate those 90's uniforms. When I see those uniforms I think of Kotite, the shovel pass and the spike game. I was at the game when Dennis Byrd got hurt in that uniform, very bad Karma. Parcells hated them too, and changed them the very next year. The Jets had a lot of success in those 80's uniforms,Sack Exchange, Playoffs, a number of great players, and some fond memories of those crazy games at Shea.Hope Woody goes with the 80's throwback, instead of bringing back the memories of those miserable 90's teams.

    i agree. have to believe at least part of woody's concern is that nobody is buying those titan jerseys, though in fairness to the fans it's also b/c nobody on offense has been worth buying. give me an 80s jersey with g. smith on the back and let's roll.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us