Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REVIS BAD MOUTHS JETS ON NFL NETWORK

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno, the thing about leaking news strikes me as the nature of playing in New York City with a dozens of beat writers fighting for the same story vs. the limited amount of sources that Tampa has.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    He's free from the circus.
    No murderers where he plays...yet

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    Did you all see this yesterday? Warren Sapp had a chat with Darrelle Revis down at Bucs camp yesterday, and Darrelle fired the first missile back North, at the team that he played for since he was drafted. And it was uncalled for. Take a look:
    “It’s more of a family here,” Revis told Warren Sapp on NFL Network’s “Inside Training Camp Live.” “Everybody is real tight here. We all get along, everybody is fine. There’s no nitpicking. No small stories leaking out to be bigger stories,” Revis said. “Everybody is on the same page here, and we want to win.”
    It’s good to see that Darrelle is staying “classy”, isn’t it folks? Ever since he has been gone, it has been more and more apparent how Darrelle Revis is a “me” player. Heck, we starting learning that before he left, but now, we know it in spades. And we don’t need that around here.
    We all know that Darrelle is happy to be out of New York. He didn’t want to be part of a team. He wanted more money than God, and was annoyed that Woody Johnson wouldn’t break the entire salary cap on him. So, he went to Tampa Bay, and now they can prepare for his eventual holdout one of these years. The Jets will move on, as will the Bucs, and both will be just fine.
    But, could Revis leave things alone. Of course not. He had to take shots at the Jets. If he had left it at the “family” comment, it wouldn’t have been so bad. Darrelle couldn’t leave things at one comment though, he took it further. He talked about the stories getting leaked. He talked about nitpicking. These were obvious shots at the New York Jets, and there is no reason for it. Darrelle has to tell the world that it is all about him, and no one else.
    Hey Darrelle. Do us a favor. SHUT UP!!
    Yeah, the Jets were really terrible to him. All the Jets did, pay him more money than he could spend in eight lifetimes. Let’s see what else. Oh, yes, they also made him the most famous cornerback in football. They did that too. Wow! You know, he’s right to be mad at them. The Jets were real SOB’s to him. I hope the sarcasm is dripping hard enough for you all to see.
    say what you want but he is right hell everyone refers to the jets outside of new york city as a circus and that is because of rex and his mouth not the other guy..........

only people in ny with green-colored glasses think we have a legit front office i hope idzik changes this by canning his ass after this season and we bring in a competent HC.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the one thing I cannot wait to be gone is the circus atmosphere of this team. Every year it's something. While I do think the media goes out of it's way to find something to put Rex in a negative light, I also think he brings a lot of the circus on himself.

Mike

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Were you expecting something different from him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    Being a lifelong Jets fan, you get used to the fact that our fanbase will take ANYTHING a player says and get mad at it, even a 'no comment' can be turned into venom. Tom Brady says he wants to 'move on' from the Hernandez questions? HITLER! Revis enjoying being away from the NY media circus? OH my god hes the DEVIL! Gets old though.
    This 100%

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Revis was just speaking the truth. The Jets organization had too many leaks and unnamed sources last year, guys airing out their laundry in the media. That's a fact. Hopefully with Pettine gone we will have less Manish stories.
    NY media are a bunch of jackals.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    He's free from the circus.
    He never played for the Patriots.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Old news. This was posted in yesterday's news thread

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's referring to the media more than the Jets. That doesn't bother me at all - the NY media deserves bashing IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't blame Revis. These comments are more about the toxic lockeroom we had in 2011 which was exacerbated when Cirque du Tebow come back to NY in 2012.

I'd be glad to be out of that situation too. Fortunately so are the Jets now that the old age home (Scott, Pace, LT, Holmes) and Tim Tebow are all mercifully gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No class. Good riddance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So... Revis doesn't want everyone knowing what a greedy punk he is???

But he still wants the media attention he's not getting in Tampa???

HAHA.... FU Revis

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    This happens every time a player goes to a new team.
    No it doesn't. Not even close. Many players demonstrate class and do not result to public jabs at their former teams. In fact, some players say positive things. Not Mevis. He is one of the most selfish professional athletes we have seen in our lifetime. If his injury has caused him to lose a millisecond of speed, he will drop from elite to average.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    That's coming from a guy who never honored a single contract that he signed. So don't expect honorable quotes.
    +1
    agree 1000%

besides when was the last time a team won a sb because they had a great CB?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    No it doesn't. Not even close. Many players demonstrate class and do not result to public jabs at their former teams. In fact, some players say positive things. Not Mevis. He is one of the most selfish professional athletes we have seen in our lifetime. If his injury has caused him to lose a millisecond of speed, he will drop from elite to average.
    I think it will be more interesting how he does in the NFC.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I think it will be more interesting how he does in the NFC.
    I can't wait to see his ass get burned by Julio Jones and going up against Brees twice a year.

Gotta be the greediest player I've ever seen... And anybody thinking he's just gonna be Revis in his prime after his knee injury is crazy.

He ALWAYS was getting hurt after missing camp, etc, etc... I'd LOVE to see Hill burn his ass too, but he won't play week 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I can't wait to see his ass get burned by Julio Jones and going up against Brees twice a year.

Gotta be the greediest player I've ever seen... And anybody thinking he's just gonna be Revis in his prime after his knee injury is crazy.

He ALWAYS was getting hurt after missing camp, etc, etc... I'd LOVE to see Hill burn his ass too, but he won't play week 1.
    and when the Nfc east gets back on track too. He is a good guy in person, but football wise fukem.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    This happens every time a player goes to a new team.

Why is anyone shocked, angry, annoyed or surprised by this? We get pissed when a ex Jet talks about how much he likes his new team. And get a hard on when a new Jet says the same things after coming here.

Why when someone gets their wish and a player is traded, released etc do we then follow and hang onto every fart out of the guy?

He's a Buc, who cares? No one reported about a player on their team a year ago.
    Any time my team loses a player I wish them well, unless they take cheap shots at my team on the way out, as Revis has done with the Jets.

Revis is a selfish jerk, and if I were a Jets fan I'd be glad he was gone.