Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Holmes May Miss Season

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    736, 654, 272 yards as a jet, never equalled the 4 previous years as a steeler. He also had 2 lost fumbles in 2010. He had 2 games over 100 yards that year. He had a couple of good games but you don't pay a guy like a top 10, #1 wr if he simply never showed it ffor the jets. Overall when you add the attitude and problems he brings along with the overall lack of production, he stinks and the sooner he is off the team altogether the better.
    Plus he is only one year younger than Braylon, and far more seriously injured than Edwards ever was, but you don't hear about him being over the hill like people keep saying about BE. Plus he also had more drops than BE yet that stigma still clings to BE as if true.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    736, 654, 272 yards as a jet, never equalled the 4 previous years as a steeler. He also had 2 lost fumbles in 2010. He had 2 games over 100 yards that year. He had a couple of good games but you don't pay a guy like a top 10, #1 wr if he simply never showed it ffor the jets. Overall when you add the attitude and problems he brings along with the overall lack of production, he stinks and the sooner he is off the team altogether the better.
    We'll have to agree to disagree because I know a winner when I see one, and holmes was clutch; he could get the offense in scoring posistion; how many J E T S jetsjetsjets have we known to do that.

The contract is terrible; we were scared after the 2nd AFCCG...idiocy reigned!

Ground and pound was the order of the day; compared to Big Ben sitting back and flinging it.

Numbers don't mean dick to me, Beer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree because I know a winner when I see one, and holmes was clutch; he could get the offense in scoring posistion; how many J E T S jetsjetsjets have we known to do that.

The contract is terrible; we were scared after the 2nd AFCCG...idiocy reigned!

Ground and pound was the order of the day; compared to Big Ben sitting back and flinging it.

Numbers don't mean dick to me, Beer
    For a second, I thought you wanted a Beer.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tone was done anyway and this injury news finally forced Idzik to pull the trigger on BE.

If we somehow survive to 4-5 the first 9 games and Tone comes back from the injury this team will be looking good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cimini revealed today that Holmes stated he would be ready by week 1. This happened in the last 2 weeks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damage goods.. Hate to say it but my gut tells me he will never be his old self again..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Damage goods.. Hate to say it but my gut tells me he will never be his old self again..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    He had one good year with us in 2010 when he was playing for a contract, and fooled everybody with his team guy act.After him and his agent stole that money from the Jets, we then saw the real Holmes who the Steelers wanted nothing to do with. What has he done since then to make anybody think this guy is a winner, or a team player? the guy is a selfish cancer who we're better off without. This guy is probably going to try and get his insurance company to pay off his salary for the next two years with his foot injury. He knows he'll be gone next year, and no team is going to touch him with that contract. I doubt you'll ever see this punk ever put on a NFL uniform again. I hope his foot is done, then the Jets won't have to pay him this year or next, and wouldn't have to take the cap hit.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 07-29-2013 at 09:19 PM.