Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holmes May Miss Season

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Exactly, Tanny was saved from himself on Aso. He was so lucky Philly offered all that money to Aso, too bad Tanny didnt let the Redskins win the bidding war on Holmes.
    someone else was biddding for him? I thought we sort of competed with ourselves

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4932631]Is this possible?

Not for nothing; but if MY foot snapped in half as I was running full speed, I doubt I would hold onto the ball...I think I'd go right into shock.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! It is not like he had a hangnail.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4932631]Is this possible?

Not for nothing; but if MY foot snapped in half as I was running full speed, I doubt I would hold onto the ball...I think I'd go right into shock.
    Exactly! It is not like he had a hangnail.
    [/QUOTE]

Make no mistake about it. Had Santoni-HO caught the pass he met Elisabeth on, he would have found the strength to do his douchenozzle first down move and drop the ball at the refs feet as they are reaching for it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, you'd think doctors could give some sort of timeline for his recovery. Is the guy a few weeks out?.. months or maybe never?

Guy may not be perfect, but he is a competitor, a heck of an athlete and the team is much better with him playing. I always liked Braylon a bit more, but it doesn't have to be one or the other here. Those two compliment each other well.

Add in Kerley (the new Cotchery), Hill (if he can catch), and Winslow (if he can stay healthy) and we may just have some decent weapons for whichever QB starts.

Remove our "#1" option and things already strart looking suspect. Wish we could get some definite word. Is the dude done for good or will he be back sometime this season?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    As long as one person got it.

Which segues nicely into....

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Are we sure he isn't faking the injury?
    Interesting theory. Tell us more.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Damn, you'd think doctors could give some sort of timeline for his recovery. Is the guy a few weeks out?.. months or maybe never?

Guy may not be perfect, but he is a competitor, a heck of an athlete and the team is much better with him playing. I always liked Braylon a bit more, but it doesn't have to be one or the other here. Those two compliment each other well.

Add in Kerley (the new Cotchery), Hill (if he can catch), and Winslow (if he can stay healthy) and we may just have some decent weapons for whichever QB starts.

Remove our "#1" option and things already strart looking suspect. Wish we could get some definite word. Is the dude done for good or will he be back sometime this season?
    ***SOJF WARNING***
    Isnt this the same group of WR's we had last year that almost everybody was complaining about? Is Winslow the catalyst?

FWIW, I love Kerley. He is an absolute stud being shriveled away in our QB desert oasis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    ***SOJF WARNING***
    Isnt this the same group of WR's we had last year that almost everybody was complaining about? Is Winslow the catalyst?

FWIW, I love Kerley. He is an absolute stud being shriveled away in our QB desert oasis.
    Not even close. Kerley was out #1 last year with Hill's head swimming in the playbook (not to mention having his hands covered in cement).

IF Holmes can play at some point this season, Kerley is our 3 and Hill should hopefully make some progress. Supposedly year one is especially tough on receivers. Add in a possibly healthy Winslow and... really heck of a receiving threat.

Holmes, Bray, Kerley, Hill (2nd year), Winslow >>>>>>>>>>>> Kerley, Hill (rookie), crap1, crap2, crap3

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Not even close. Kerley was out #1 last year with Hill's head swimming in the playbook (not to mention having his hands covered in cement).

IF Holmes can play at some point this season, Kerley is our 3 and Hill should hopefully make some progress. Supposedly year one is especially tough on receivers. Add in a possibly healthy Winslow and... really heck of a receiving threat.

Holmes, Bray, Kerley, Hill (2nd year), Winslow >>>>>>>>>>>> Kerley, Hill (rookie), crap1, crap2, crap3
    Here i was thinking that Holmes, Bray, Kerley, and Hill WERE on the team last year. Wait.

The only addition is Winslow, no?

<realtalk> The best bet is to resign Kerley NOW, and insert him rightfully into the #1 WR position and watch him flourish. I have no idea what the hold up is. Im forced to assume MM is too new, and Rex is too stupid to realize the Kerldogs potential.

#FreeTheKerley

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeejetsfan View Post
    That's just great.

Mike
    I agree ... Less Holmes is good Holmes

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Here i was thinking that Holmes, Bray, Kerley, and Hill WERE on the team last year. Wait.

The only addition is Winslow, no?

<realtalk> The best bet is to resign Kerley NOW, and insert him rightfully into the #1 WR position and watch him flourish. I have no idea what the hold up is. Im forced to assume MM is too new, and Rex is too stupid to realize the Kerldogs potential.

#FreeTheKerley
    ?
    Holmes didn't play. Bray came at end (played well too). No TE. And Hill was rookie.

So to me, that's an addition of 4 weapons (if Holmes can play) better than anything we had last year.

Not to mention a real OC tbis year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Not a surprise.
    If he is not going to play I would make sure he stays far away from the team. The guy is a cancer
    +100000

This year is a rebuilding season regardless of what the public is being told. Next best thing to cutting him outright is for him to be out of the locker room. One step closer to being out the door.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Per Manish

"I have to do what the foot says"

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/statu...07329169551360
    Don't set off eaglenj with more lies. Everyone knows Santonio Holmes will be back for week 1. Eaglenj did his research and could careless what medical doctors or what the player says about his lisfranc injury.

He has the NFl football league ,who did research on lis franc injuries and how all these players were able to come back from this injury. You believe that research than you probably believe their research on concussions too.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-26-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    +100000

This year is a rebuilding season
    Most certain, next two.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    It's funny that Tannenbaums remarks will live on forever in Hardknocks.
    "Who's the smart guy that got him for a 5th round pick?"

Yea Tanny, the 5th rounder was worth it but a lot of Jet fans grew to hate Santonio, but giving self absorbed egotist like Holmes that big contract was lunacy. Most Jet fans thought he was never a true #1 receiver. That 1st down chit while we were getting trounced was especially embarrassing to fans.
    I just don't see Idzik giving out huge contracts to Aholes.
    Got greedy and outsmarted himself, the Jets would have received a 3rd round comp if another team gave him that contract (good deal for a 5th)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You hear that Kerley?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carma

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kerleys going to have to step up, maybe Hill can figure out how to catch the ball too. Still not sure why they couldn't have made wr a high priority in the draft but Rex is hell bent on having the best defense ever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can some twitter competent person tweet this thread to

holMEs

and let him know how much he is despised here?

When I get around to doing a signature it's going to be:

Ding dong, the cancer's gone!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he was worth a 5th rounder. but they gave him $50 million, and that was the mistake.
    For a Contract Year, Santonio turned in a Career Year. He looked unstoppable at times; four times he came up with the goods to win the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    A season and a half to a foot injury? Is there any precedent?
    It s a liz franc injury. Players have had careers ended because of it. Earlier in the off season, I said I did not think he would be back. It is al those liitle bones in your foot that you put so much pressure on to cut.