Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Braylon: "I never wasn't a Jet"...

Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    For Christ's sakes he wants to be a Jet and is now here. Now let's make some plays and get after it. He's made it clear this is where he wants to be. When you go to war you want to know who's next to you, now we do.
    But....but....but.....He's lying because everyone here says "Derp...what is he supposed to say....derp"

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    During Santonio's last full game on the field, he had over 100 yards receiving and proceeded to sh*t all over the Dolphins in the 4th quarter, leading to a Jets win.

During Braylon's last game on the field (or last two years on the field, actually) he was a non-factor.

Don't see the correlation between the two.
    Really? You are comparing a game, with Holmes, the 2nd game of the season, a season that still had hope and promise, a team healthy with a full season ahead, to a game at the end of the season, a season lost, an injury ravaged roster, a QB with no confidence, a poorly lead offense and offensie scheme, and a player in Edwards, playing in his 3rd game of a season he missed the first 13, and with a new team and new offense?

You can't be ****ing serious with this ****?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Was he wrong?

He simply echoed what EVERYONE here knew.
    No, he was right. Just sort of blows a whole in this always a Jet nonsense.

I give him credit in that he is very good on feeding the fanboys what they want to hear - at least when he's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    No, he was right. Just sort of blows a whole in this always a Jet nonsense.

I give him credit in that he is very good on feeding the fanboys what they want to hear - at least when he's here.
    To be fair, though, all NFL players(when they get signed to a team) give out the cliche'd flowery-speeches toward the team they're signed to.

I know that's what some here are saying in response to Braylon's "I never wasn't a Jet" comment. But you can't deny that he, for some reason, seems to play better as a Jet than he has done on any other team he's been on. It's really mind-boggling but I'd like to BELIEVE that it's because he just simply likes being a JET.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Prolly some pieces of ass here.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Prolly some pieces of ass here.
    Well Calvin Pace is still here so.....

The way I remember it, the Jets would rather spend $3,017,000 on plax

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post

And that's why Braylon shouldn't be villified for speaking his mind (calling the Jets Brass "Idiots").

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Really? You are comparing a game, with Holmes, the 2nd game of the season, a season that still had hope and promise, a team healthy with a full season ahead, to a game at the end of the season, a season lost, an injury ravaged roster, a QB with no confidence, a poorly lead offense and offensie scheme, and a player in Edwards, playing in his 3rd game of a season he missed the first 13, and with a new team and new offense?

You can't be ****ing serious with this ****?
    LOL

Yes, Ray.

I'm very serious.

Braylon hasn't done dick in almost 3 years. Are you really going to dispute this FACT?

The bottom line is that despite Holmes being a huge douche, he has proven to be the more effective player on the field recently.

Braylon's NFL career could be over right now if it wasn't for us knocking at his door. Please tell me one team other than us that has even shown the slightest bit of interest in him since Seattle showed him the door?

I don't hate the guy, but it's ridiculous how some of you still act like he's some sort of gamechanger.

I'll be happy if he can haul in 30-35 receptions this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Yes, Ray.

I'm very serious.

Braylon hasn't done dick in almost 3 years. Are you really going to dispute this FACT?

The bottom line is that despite Holmes being a huge douche, he has proven to be the more effective player on the field recently.

Braylon's NFL career could be over right now if it wasn't for us knocking at his door. Please tell me one team other than us that has even shown the slightest bit of interest in him since Seattle showed him the door?

I don't hate the guy, but it's ridiculous how some of you still act like he's some sort of gamechanger.

I'll be happy if he can haul in 30-35 receptions this season.
    Can't disagree more ... Even with no training in the system BE came in last year and was decent. Holmes has yet to have a 'great' year as a Jet ... He is a JAG at this point.

What a mistake that was. For some reason Tannenbaum had no interest in signing the receiver (Braylon) that Sanchez had his best chemistry with.

It also was a mistake letting Brad Smith leave. Although he hasn't been much of a factor with the Bills, his value like that of Braylon Edwards, is greater with the Jets.

Tannenbaum disrupted the chemistry of the '09 & '10 teams.

Holding up the money Chasing Nnamdi.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    What a mistake that was. For some reason Tannenbaum had no interest in signing the receiver (Braylon) that Sanchez had his best chemistry with.

It also was a mistake letting Brad Smith leave. Although he hasn't been much of a factor with the Bills, his value like that of Braylon Edwards, is greater with the Jets.

Tannenbaum disrupted the chemistry of the '09 & '10 teams.
    Disagree on Smith...Buffoonalo threw 4 million a year at him...He was never worth that kind of doughh

I'm going to get flamed for this but I think he purposely got injured in SF and Seattle so that they would release him and the Jets would give him another chance. Something just seems shady about this- Braylon's supposed infatuation with being a Jet shows that he has an arrogant/selfish side- that would be the case if any player said that or acted that way when they were released and resigned by any team in a similar fashion.
    Last edited by SizzleBear287; 07-28-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    And that's why Braylon shouldn't be villified for speaking his mind (calling the Jets Brass "Idiots").
    In 2011, Plaxico Burress played 16 games, caught 45 passes for 612 yards and scored 8 touchdowns.

Not All-Pro numbers, and probably not worth 3 million -- but IF Braylon Edwards did THAT this season, the fanboys would want him in the Ring of Honor.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    In 2011, Plaxico Burress played 16 games, caught 45 passes for 612 yards and scored 8 touchdowns.

Not All-Pro numbers, and probably not worth 3 million -- but IF Braylon Edwards did THAT this season, the fanboys would want him in the Ring of Honor.
    Such a waste of talent, he and Winslow I guess they had too much to live up to. What the hell is gong on down on Main St.?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Disagree on Smith...Buffoonalo threw 4 million a year at him...He was never worth that kind of doughh
    I will never understand some Jets fans lovefest with Brad Smith. One of the most overrated players I have ever seen.

Burress with his height couldn't help but be a great redzone target the problem was he disappeared in too many games in 2011. That team was just the victim of a tough schedule last 3 games of the season. We faced both the Giants and Phins when they were red hot and an Eagles team in Philly that was healthy and had no pressure.

And you're right if BE had 600 and 8 this season most Jets fans would jizz themselves. That would mean our offense would be respectable and consequently 9-7 or 8-8 record.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 07-28-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Plax had three tds in one game

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I will never understand some Jets fans lovefest with Brad Smith. One of the most overrated players I have ever seen.
    Brad smith won at least 1 game for the jets each season he was here singlehandely. He's not an amazing all pro player but he was productive for us, and had (albeit infrequent) HR ability. Probably has the more 20+ yard plays of any Jets during his time here.

I do agree that paying him 4 mil wasn't worth it, but he was definately more valuable to us then he was to anyone else.