Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Braylon: "I never wasn't a Jet"...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I'll be happy if he can haul in 30-35 receptions this season.
    Braylon had 10 receptions in the 2(or was that 3 games?) he played late last season with a QB that basically Self-destructed.

I think he can easily attain those "modest" reception totals, Touchable.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    For Christ's sakes he wants to be a Jet and is now here. Now let's make some plays and get after it. He's made it clear this is where he wants to be. When you go to war you want to know who's next to you, now we do.
    He wants to be a Jet because the Jets are willing to pay him. All this other crap he's spewing is.....well.....crap.

I remember Damon said he'd never sign with the Yankees. Or how Jacobs was calling Rex fat and other stuff. Now Jacobs is saying how he would like to play for the Jets..... because no one else wants him (he probably thinks he can trick Rex into signing him).

Pro athletes will say anything, and probably do anything (PEDs) to get paid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    He wants to be a Jet because the Jets are willing to pay him. All this other crap he's spewing is.....well.....crap.

I remember Damon said he'd never sign with the Yankees. Or how Jacobs was calling Rex fat and other stuff. Now Jacobs is saying how he would like to play for the Jets..... because no one else wants him (he probably thinks he can trick Rex into signing him).

Pro athletes will say anything, and probably do anything (PEDs) to get paid.
    Except Braylon is already here and doesn't need to say anything in this regard. He's happy to be here. I'd rather a happy, healthy, motivated Braylon than a disgruntled, injured [insert Holmes, Keller, Burress, etc.].

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Braylon had 10 receptions in the 2(or was that 3 games?) he played late last season with a QB that basically Self-destructed.

I think he can easily attain those "modest" reception totals, Touchable.
    And you can just as easily wonder how a WR in 3 games averages only 3 per at 12 per on a team where it's starting TE, backup TE, #1 & #2 WR are out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And you can just as easily wonder how a WR in 3 games averages only 3 per at 12 per on a team where it's starting TE, backup TE, #1 & #2 WR are out.

Here's your answer as to how :

When you have a QB who is THAT stupid, it's a friggin' MIRACLE that Braylon even managed to snare 10 off-target passes....

(Oh and let's not forget the Playcalling EXPERT known as Sparano.....)
    Last edited by Vin; 07-28-2013 at 10:21 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

When you have a QB who is THAT stupid, it's a friggin' MIRACLE that Braylon even managed to snare 10 off-target passes....

So what the hell was the problem when he was fully healthy playing with Russell Wilson?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So what the hell was the problem when he was fully healthy playing with Russell Wilson?
    Quite Honestly, I have no clue.

Was it injury?

Was he dogging it?

Was he not getting enough PT?

I have no idea. All I do know is that he's a NY Jet and I believe he will be very productive for this team.

He won't be 2010 productive(of course) but he will hold his own.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

And when he played with Alex Smith 2 years ago?

When he played with Wilson last year?

As bad as Sanchez has been, he's been a pro bowler compared to BE. It seems more appropriate to blame BE for Sanchezs numbers than the other way around. When in fact neither has played worth a damn.

Stop making excuses, BE has been a JAG the last few years, it would be a miracle for him to hit the numbers some of the ghost chasers are predicting for him.

We can only hope.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

As bad as Sanchez has been, he's been a pro bowler compared to BE. It seems more appropriate to blame BE for Sanchezs numbers than the other way around. When in fact neither has played worth a damn.

Stop making excuses, BE has been a JAG the last few years, it would be a miracle for him to hit the numbers some of the ghost chasers are predicting for him.

We can only hope.
    Yes he has been a JAG which is a shame because we both know he can be better than he was.

Whether it was injury or a numbers game, still....

But anyway, that was then, this is now.

I want the Braylon of TODAY to be successful on the field of play 'cause quite frankly....The Jets need all the help they can get this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes he has been a JAG which is a shame because we both know he can be better than he was.

Whether it was injury or a numbers game, still....

But anyway, that was then, this is now.

I want the Braylon of TODAY to be successful on the field of play 'cause quite frankly....The Jets need all the help they can get this year.
    WORD!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

We can only hope.
    Too bad we can't have 53 Brad Smiths on the roster!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse the bump but I'll be using this thread as a Braylon-centric one so as to avoid posting new threads each time an article on BE shows up like this one below :

Braylon Edwards Goes Back Out to Do His Job

Braylon Edwards’ goal for this year doesn’t include a certain number of touchdown grabs, receiving yards or catches. It’s simply all about winning.

“I’m just really trying to help this team in every way I can,” the wideout said.

Signed last week to his third tour of duty with the Jets, Edwards has been practicing on and off throughout the first week of training camp, as head coach Rex Ryan does not want him participating in too many reps too soon.

Today, Edwards’ 6’3” frame was hard to miss as he threw on the pads and got to work. He caught a 15-yard Mark Sanchez pass running from right to left across the field in 7-on-7’s early in practice. In 11-on-11’s later, he lined up on the right side and ran a quick slant pattern before reeling in a ball from Geno Smith.

Edwards has been impressed with how both quarterbacks have conducted themselves thus far in training camp.

“They’re both making some plays, they’re both missing some plays," he said, "but I definitely think that they’re working well against each other to be at the forefront of this team come September.”

Braylon Edwards understands the need for Sanchez and Smith to continue sharing first-team snaps until one emerges as the clear choice to lead the offense, although he does feel that sooner would be better for naming a starter.

“That’s between those two, and the offensive coordinator, and the head man,” he said. “All I can do is go out there and do my job, and my job is to know my routes, know my splits, know my depths, catch the ball, get open. That’s really all you can control as a wideout. If you’re doing that, it won’t matter who’s throwing the ball.”

While it’s too early in the preseason to predict what kind of role the coaches will ask of Braylon, he’s ready to take on whatever part he’s assigned.

“If it’s a starting role, then go out there and start,” he said. “If it’s in a role-playing role, go out there and role-play. If it’s in a leadership role, go out there and be a leader.”

Regardless of where he’s penciled in on the depth chart, the leadership role will likely be something his teammates and coaches will expect. With Santonio Holmes currently on the Active–Physically Unable to Perform list, Edwards’ nine years in the league give him at least three times as much professional experience as the next wide receiver on the field. As one of the veterans, he leads by example through his actions, not his words.

“You don’t even have to talk. This isn’t a rah-rah New York Jet organization,” he said. “It’s just a ‘let’s just go do it.’ ”

As long as whatever “it” is involves winning, Edwards and the Jets will be OK.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...6-ca71c0180e1f