Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92

Thread: Braylon: "I never wasn't a Jet"...

  1. #41
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised there are as many negative comments regarding what Braylon said. Every interview I've heard from him has been first class and team oriented since he's been back. One more thing I can't remember the last time a player said something like this, the man is truly happy to be back with the Jets and count me among those very happy he is here.


  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm surprised there are as many negative comments regarding what Braylon said. Every interview I've heard from him has been first class and team oriented since he's been back. One more thing I can't remember the last time a player said something like this, the man is truly happy to be back with the Jets and count me among those very happy he is here.

    Amen

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm surprised there are as many negative comments regarding what Braylon said. Every interview I've heard from him has been first class and team oriented since he's been back. One more thing I can't remember the last time a player said something like this, the man is truly happy to be back with the Jets and count me among those very happy he is here.

    +i(6)

  4. #44
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    lolwut?

    I seriously doubt he'll get cut.

    But I guess since we're Jets fans, it's old-hat to be all Doom-and-Gloom.
    Thinking that a guy that was signed less than a week before training camp might be cut before the season is doom and gloom? I'll take the best 53 men on the roster, thanks. I don't really follow what you say....are you one of those guys who has whined about Braylon not being here the past 2 years? If so, congrats - you must be ecstatic.

    What he said doesn't affect me one way or another. The guy has been mediocre, at best, for the past few years. If he all of a sudden resurrects his good play, great. But, I wouldn't take it as a forgone conclusion simply because he had a decent year for us 4 years ago.

  5. #45
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Thinking that a guy that was signed less than a week before training camp might be cut before the season is doom and gloom? I'll take the best 53 men on the roster, thanks. I don't really follow what you say....are you one of those guys who has whined about Braylon not being here the past 2 years? If so, congrats - you must be ecstatic.

    What he said doesn't affect me one way or another. The guy has been mediocre, at best, for the past few years. If he all of a sudden resurrects his good play, great. But, I wouldn't take it as a forgone conclusion simply because he had a decent year for us 4 years ago.
    This

    I think Braylon can contribute, but I have no idea why people still keep talking about him as if he's the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago.

    If he was, then he'd be catching passes from Kaepernick right now. Not solely relying on the Jets as his only opportunity for NFL employment.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This

    I think Braylon can contribute, but I have no idea why people still keep talking about him as if he's the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago.

    If he was, then he'd be catching passes from Kaepernick right now. Not solely relying on the Jets as his only opportunity for NFL employment.
    Exactly.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Player says he is very happy to be with team.
    Jets fans find way to turn it into a negative.
    SOJF's are in mid-season form.
    Ummm this 100%

    There are a group of Jets fans out here that are the absolute worst in the league with this stuff!!

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This

    I think Braylon can contribute, but I have no idea why people still keep talking about him as if he's the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago.

    If he was, then he'd be catching passes from Kaepernick right now. Not solely relying on the Jets as his only opportunity for NFL employment.
    That Braylon was a dynamic, big play receiver. 900+ yards in 15 games (sat out game 16 against Buffalo) in 2010 in such a weak passing offense was impressive. The Braylon of the last two years is a shell of that guy. Injuries and has lost a step. Not sure if he can get that back. With that said, he looks like he's in GREAT shape.

    It's too bad that his prime years were wasted playing with terrible QBs.

  9. #49
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Except when he wanted more money and went to San Fran
    He still didn't have to say it..

    It was clear the team was more interested in retaining SH and felt they couldn't afford both.. And he knew that..

    After the year he had he deserved the big contract..

    I think it was sincere.. It would have been different if somebody like Laverneous Coles had said it..

    Personally there was something about the guy that I just couldn't help but like.. And I wanted him to stay..

    And I don't feel that way about many players..

  10. #50
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are so freaking gullible it's funny. Of course he's gonna say that.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    You guys are so freaking gullible it's funny. Of course he's gonna say that.
    You mean because the Jets were the only team to offer him .05?

    Funny how the guys who pay players are always the place they wanted to be. A-Rod grew up a Met fan, wanted to play for the Mets, tried to work his way to the Mets but they wouldn't pay the crazy dollars that TX offered. When he eventually went to the only place that would pay him he always wanted to be a Yankee.

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    You guys are so freaking gullible it's funny. Of course he's gonna say that.
    Right. Plus it's what he does not what he says.

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    And if Braylon has a good season you will jump on his bandwagon! Braylon will get good money next year if he has a god season. What will you cry about then?
    oh yeah, the same way i jumped on his bandwagon when he had like a 1000 yd season here a few years ago. and the fact that he dropped so many key passes
    braylon is a scrub, he has always been. go through my history, i never thought much of him so your bandwagon comment is pretty silly. i think he's a good guy but that doesnt make me drool over the player he is. he's below average, we'll see if he has anything left in the tank

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    N
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This

    I think Braylon can contribute, but I have no idea why people still keep talking about him as if he's the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago.

    If he was, then he'd be catching passes from Kaepernick right now. Not solely relying on the Jets as his only opportunity for NFL employment.
    The same reason people think Santonio is the same player he was 4 years ago? They are only 1 yr apart in age and Braylon is the less injured of the two.

  15. #55
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    NThe same reason people think Santonio is the same player he was 4 years ago? They are only 1 yr apart in age and Braylon is the less injured of the two.
    During Santonio's last full game on the field, he had over 100 yards receiving and proceeded to sh*t all over the Dolphins in the 4th quarter, leading to a Jets win.

    During Braylon's last game on the field (or last two years on the field, actually) he was a non-factor.

    Don't see the correlation between the two.

  16. #56
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always wasn't preoccupied with Braylon Edwards and will always never understand the fanboy attachment to him.

  17. #57
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    I'm happy he's back

    Easy to spot SOJF's. Especially when they feel they have to make a comment on a minimum wage guy in the NFL. He improves our QB play. 'nuff said. He's a good cheap veteran for the Jets. His attitude makes me root for him unlike Holmes.

  18. #58
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
    His attitude makes me root for him unlike Holmes.
    Did he not say the Jets were run by idiots less than a year ago?

    Root for who you want, but their play is the only thing that matters. Everything else is just noise.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't really follow what you say....
    To be honest with you, since when do you ever follow what I say?

    My writing is like sushi(Thanks, Savage) after all.


    are you one of those guys who has whined about Braylon not being here the past 2 years? If so, congrats - you must be ecstatic.
    The answer to the question : Yes.

    And thank you. I am very ecstatic even though I know that this is a one-year-and-done deal. I hope he can at least leave a positive lasting impression on the team.

    What he said doesn't affect me one way or another. The guy has been mediocre, at best, for the past few years.
    He's either been injured(49ers) and/or been caught in a numbers game(Seahawks) where he hardly got any PT. For instance, he produced more in those few games late last season than he did for the past two years with the 49ers/Seahawks. For some reason, he just plays well when it's with the JETS. Hopefully, he can do even better this year.

    If he all of a sudden resurrects his good play, great. But, I wouldn't take it as a forgone conclusion simply because he had a decent year for us 4 years ago.
    I'm not going to say he's going to be 2010 Braylon.

    I'm just going to say that he will be better than some of the negative-thinking masses here believe he will.



    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Did he not say the Jets were run by idiots less than a year ago?
    Was he wrong?

    He simply echoed what EVERYONE here knew.
    Last edited by Vin; 07-27-2013 at 09:56 PM.

  20. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    For Christ's sakes he wants to be a Jet and is now here. Now let's make some plays and get after it. He's made it clear this is where he wants to be. When you go to war you want to know who's next to you, now we do.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us