Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clyde Gates

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It is pretty funny seeing people react to Gates all of a sudden. The guy couldnt run a simple curl patter last year and was only on the roster because of the serious lack of depth at the WR position, now after two practices people are comparing him to Desaun Jackson....LOL. Can we at least see them practice in full pads before such lofty comparisons can be made?

I don't know, I saw him against Miami last year play lights out, lets be honest sparano was foisted on the kid two years in a row, lets see what he can do now with a real OC giving him pointers, maybe Sanjay is finally getting thru to him it takes a while, but Lal was able to transform raw receivers like Heyward, Murphy and Ford into reliable route runners but it takes a while for it to sink in. Oh btw, what did those guys have in common? Blazing speed.
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 07-27-2013 at 11:07 PM.

It is pretty funny seeing people react to Gates all of a sudden. The guy couldnt run a simple curl patter last year and was only on the roster because of the serious lack of depth at the WR position, now after two practices people are comparing him to Desaun Jackson....LOL. Can we at least see them practice in full pads before such lofty comparisons can be made?
    Yeah, kind of like every training camp practice, every incompletion, every INT, how a QB's career is over. Or, the upstart, who is impressing early, is already ahead of Sanchez, and should be made the starter now, competition over...

Yep...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I don't know, I saw him against Miami last year play lights out, lets be honest the kid was foisted on Sparano two years in a row, lets see what he can do now with a real OC giving him pointers, maybe Sanjay is finally getting thru to him it takes a while, but Lal was able to transform raw receivers like Heyward, Murphy and Ford into reliable route runners but it takes a while for it to sink in. Oh btw, what did those guys have in common? Blazing speed.
    Thats kind of my point, he had 16 catches in 11 games last year, 7 came in that Dolphin game where the Jets lost 30-9 and all those catches came in garbage time. He does have an opportunity to prove himself, this team is going to need a few of these WRs to step up and become viable starting caliber receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Paradis who spends all year kissing up to Tony like he's some kind of God. Tony is one of the best draftniks out there, but that's not saying much given how wrong they are on a lot of their analyses and how rarely if ever they come back and admit they're wrong, the draft is a crapshoot, but God forbid anyone has an opinion over at the draft forum cause geeky buttsniffing boy here will come and trump anything you say, although it is very evident he's a young punk who has very little historical football perspective.

Now he comes and craps on the Gates thread. Yeah he may be right, but it's his propensity to have this knowitall attitude that bugs me. Paradis, let me tell you something sopne, I have forgotten more football than you will ever know, if you have reasons why you don't think Gates can progressas a player and a professional under this OC, I want to hear reasonable arguments, not your typical dismissive snarky remarks, come strong or don't come at all punk!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yeah, kind of like every training camp practice, every incompletion, every INT, how a QB's career is over. Or, the upstart, who is impressing early, is already ahead of Sanchez, and should be made the starter now, competition over...

Yep...
    I never said he wouldnt get better, just that it is WAY premature to compare him to Pro Bowl receivers. I usually always take the wait and see approach when evaluating players, I tend to not form an opinion of a guy based on a couple good or bad practices or games. Except Tebow...LOL. I was dead set against that from the second that trade was executed.

I never said he wouldnt get better, just that it is WAY premature to compare him to Pro Bowl receivers. I usually always take the wait and see approach when evaluating players, I tend to not form an opinion of a guy based on a couple good or bad practices or games. Except Tebow...LOL. I was dead set against that from the second that trade was executed.
    That's my point, this board lives on premature, and the TMZ media. SOJF can't survive without dramatized doom and gloom, and yet, half the board wants to write off players, or claim other players saviors based on the same hypocritical line of thinking that has them hating on other players.

It's certainly plausible Gates makes a jump this year, we saw from Hard Knocks when the Dolphins let him go, they struggled to do so because of his talent.

Obviously, we need to see it proven, Gates himself said as much when he received media attention after the first practice.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-27-2013 at 11:23 PM.