Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: KRL Camp Notes (7/27/13)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I am not rooting against Sanchez. I am hoping the Jets do the right thing and judge him on four years of history not on practices in preseason. IF Sanchez is trotted out there on opening day I will ROOT for him to do great. I NEVER root against the Jets or a player in a game. Does not mean that I can't think that Sanchez needs to sit and Geno start.
    You can think Sanchez will fail, that's not the point.

You are making statements based on an agenda. Why does Sanchez need to sit before he's given a chance to compete under MM and a new offense that he is had success?

If the Jets are going to judge him on 4 years, then included are the 2 years he took the team to the AFCCG, and I don't want to hear the spin about how the team won in spite of him, especially in his 2nd year, because its bull****.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol. Yeah, 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    you left out the two most significant upgrades of the offense Ray

MM for Sparano and Geno Smith for Buttfumble 6
    No, I've already acknowledged how big I think MM will be for this team.

Geno, we simply don't know yet, the signs are promising, but there is not yet a reason to think Sanchez can't perform under MM, and with a stabilized and healthy supporting cast.

btw i will go on record, i think this is Sanchez last chance to start...and even that is only because of:

1. MM
    2. we didnt bring in a veteran, and i dont want to start Geno if he isnt ready

that guy turns the ball over in bad spots more then anyone i have ever seen...

also, just saw this on espn:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-qb-collective

is this news? arent those types of decisions always collectively made?

This is getting as bad as the teblow days. Every freakin thread has to turn into little girls bickering over Sanchez vs Smith. There's threads for that. STFU!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    btw i will go on record, i think this is Sanchez last chance to start...and even that is only because of:

1. MM

Not to nitpick, but we did. Not Idzik's fault that Garrard didn't even make it to OTA's. Otherwise, I agree. 999 times out of 1000, I'd take the more experienced QB if all things were equal. Not this time though. Like you said, Sanchez is an artist...he comes up with so many creative and infuriating ways to turn over the football. I really want Geno to step up and TAKE this job.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    Not to nitpick, but we did. Not Idzik's fault that Garrard didn't even make it to OTA's. Otherwise, I agree. 999 times out of 1000, I'd take the more experienced QB if all things were equal. Not this time though. Like you said, Sanchez is an artist...he comes up with so many creative and infuriating ways to turn over the football. I really want Geno to step up and TAKE this job.
    i think most of us do...

At some point, u put the **** aside and you root for the best man to win. People on this board hate Sanchez, they would have a can of soda start ahead of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    +1 ... May the best man win ...

i think most of us do...
    That's clearly not possible for fans who don't even want him on the roster anymore . . .

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Do you live under a rock?

I think there have been significant changes made to the roster since last year on the offensive side of the ball as well as defense.

Last year, the problem was also health, not so much lacking talent, when you lose both starting WR's, both our #2 and #3 RB's for half the season, our starting TE for most of the season, and even our #2 TE for part of the season, that will be a factor.

WR- Edwards, Hill now in his 2nd year, Kerley in his 3rd, an improved Gates, and hopefully a health Holmes eventually, to me, is a solid unit, if Hill makes a jump.

TE - A healthy Winslow, an improving Cumberland, and maybe a jump made by Smith, could be a big improvement over last year.

RB - Ivory, if Goodson overcomes his current personal road block, and an improved Powell, has some nice potential to be a big jump from last year.
    I agree there have been defensive additions. I also think those additions should benefit that side of the ball. Problem is, the Defense wasnt the problem for the last 2 seasons.

So you are saying injuries to S Hill, Keller, Holmes and Cumberland played a big part in last seasons downfall, and now that Keller is gone, we have signed Winslow, and Hill is going to start being a legitimate threat when he has played like 3 good quarters?

Our RB situation is even more dangerous than the WR situation. Goodson is awol, Ivory has potential, but seems to be injury prone, and after that we are hoping on McKnight, Powell, and a few practice squad bodies to step into the role of a starting NFL RB?

BElieve it or not, really hope people step up in all areas of concern. Im just not ready to anoint Kellen Winslow, Hayden Smith, or Chris Ivory a big addition in the offseason that opposing teams will be forced to account for.

#FreeTheKerley

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    That's clearly not possible for fans who don't even want him on the roster anymore . . .
    i think most of us want Geno to "take" the job...since obviously Sanchez has not been able to show that he deserves it. That being said, if he doesn't "take" it, i am not one to yell and scream about benching Sanchez.

i think most of us want Geno to "take" the job...since obviously Sanchez has not been able to show that he deserves it. That being said, if he doesn't "take" it, i am not one to yell and scream about benching Sanchez.
    no reason for anyone not to want Geno to "take" the job, because that would be a positive sign that he might be a franchise type QB...whether Sanchez plays or not, its clear he is not a carry the team type of a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I agree there have been defensive additions. I also think those additions should benefit that side of the ball. Problem is, the Defense wasnt the problem for the last 2 seasons.

So you are saying injuries to S Hill, Keller, Holmes and Cumberland played a big part in last seasons downfall, and now that Keller is gone, we have signed Winslow, and Hill is going to start being a legitimate threat when he has played like 3 good quarters?
    I'm not just saying it, it is absolute fact, how could you even consider disagreeing with this?

What I'm saying is if Winslow is healthy and plays, he will be a huge upgrade from a missing Keller from last season, is this not true?

I clearly said Hill needs to make a jump, he's in his second season, he's healthy, gained experience, and isn't a rookie, he's had a full off-season in an NFL training program, he has talent, players with talent can improve, we'll see. But further to that, a healthy Edwards at the start of the season adds to this team, moreso than an addition in week 14 with a season lost, do you not think this? Kerley is a year advanced, and it appears Gates is making a jump.

Our RB situation is even more dangerous than the WR situation. Goodson is awol, Ivory has potential, but seems to be injury prone, and after that we are hoping on McKnight, Powell, and a few practice squad bodies to step into the role of a starting NFL RB?
    Goodson isn't awol, the team knows exactly where he is, and he hasn't been released yet, at the very least, the team is still factoring him into thei plans for this season. Ivory's tight hammy at the start of training camp means he's injury prone? Powell has already shown he can contribute, he did so last year, the point is, the RB position is far more talented and deeper than last year, and of the 4 players, at least 2 figure to be major players, the potential is there.

BElieve it or not, really hope people step up in all areas of concern. Im just not ready to anoint Kellen Winslow, Hayden Smith, or Chris Ivory a big addition in the offseason that opposing teams will be forced to account for.

#FreeTheKerley
    The bottomline, and my point, the offense base don paper is already in better shape than it was last season, and talent has been added to this team. Not every thing needs to be in black and white, sure there is hope and promise mixed, there are no guarantees with anything, name players or not, that's the beauty of being a fan, but enough of the doom and gloom crap.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    This is getting as bad as the teblow days. Every freakin thread has to turn into little girls bickering over Sanchez vs Smith. There's threads for that. STFU!
    It's an open competition for the most important position on the field, why wouldn't it be a dominant topic of conversation?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I keep saying Marty was our biggest acquisition this year, thanks for the report KRL.
    Sparano vs Marty M....thats not even a fair comparison.

Sparano was a clown. Marty is a REAL OC.
    We havent had one in years (Schooty Jr).

Jets Insider VIP
    It's called rooting for all players on the team.

The fact that anybody is rooting against any player is beyond pathetic.
    Fans who root against their own players are moronic....

Indeed one "fan" said out here on another thread that he hopes the Jets start Sanchez so he can boo him coming out of the tunnel of the Jets' first home game!!!

Jets Insider VIP

1. MM

Only an INSANE fan or one with an agenda would find fault with this post!!!

You can think Sanchez will fail, that's not the point.

You are making statements based on an agenda. Why does Sanchez need to sit before he's given a chance to compete under MM and a new offense that he is had success?

If the Jets are going to judge him on 4 years, then included are the 2 years he took the team to the AFCCG, and I don't want to hear the spin about how the team won in spite of him, especially in his 2nd year, because its bull****.
    No agenda I just realize he sucks. And if you believe he "led" us to 2 AFC Championship games that is just sad. Regardless he has regressed significantly since then. Why do you want to weigh practice more heavily than the crap he has put on the field for four years? It's baffling. We know what Sanchez is and than is not good enough. We need someone new at the helm or we will be well below .500 this year. It bears repeating, Sanchez has PROVEN that he is not a capable NFL QB. If you deny that, you are just a Sanchez home for god knows what reason.

btw

I think it is HUGE news, it is almost always the HC decision period. Clearly for the Jets starting QB is not Rex's decision. Watch the press conference and see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    No agenda I just realize he sucks. And if you believe he "led" us to 2 AFC Championship games that is just sad. Regardless he has regressed significantly since then. Why do you want to weigh practice more heavily than the crap he has put on the field for four years? It's baffling. We know what Sanchez is and than is not good enough. We need someone new at the helm or we will be well below .500 this year. It bears repeating, Sanchez has PROVEN that he is not a capable NFL QB. If you deny that, you are just a Sanchez home for god knows what reason.
    BINGO!