Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: KRL Camp Notes (7/27/13)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, there's alot of mentioning a of Goodson not coming back. From what? Was he injured? Charges not dropped or reduced? What did I miss?
    Same question.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I've been saying it all off-season, and throughout my defense of Sanchez, MM will be the biggest and best change on this team. Ryan did himself a service bringing in a heralded and highly regarded offensive coach. QB coach David Lee is a close 1A. The Jets QB's have suffered with Cavanaugh, we finally have a QB coach that knows what he's doing.

It's already evident in the first two days of camp, you hear nothing from the hack media as they trash their pre-camp garbage anticipating to dump all over the offense, and both QB's have seemingly performed well.

But it's not just the QB's, it's the system, and the board has battled for two years about the offense, and which player to let go of, changing QB's, etc, when the REAL issue will have been the OC and QB coach.
    Dont forget a "bad O line, lack of playmakers, and no WR talent"
    How has that changed, dare i ask?
    Will this new scheme transform our crap into gold?

I think Goodson is in rehab, and his return hinges on if he completes rehab or not. If you are drunk enough to park in the middle of a highway and sick enough that they took you to the hospital, pretty clear he's an avid alcoholic. So the Jets probably had an intervention of sorts, and told him, either you go to rehab and come out clean or you are cut. So, the Jets are protecting themselves by not saying anything, so if he doesn't complete it, then they can cut him without going back on their words to the media. It could also be considered a medical situation for him with rehab, and they may not have the authority to release information, hence why they are all mum on it.

Thanks for the reports. Good to see Geno run I guess, although sucks Sanchez threw a pick. Would be really useful if both of them were playing at a high level like yesterday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    I think Goodson is in rehab, and his return hinges on if he completes rehab or not. If you are drunk enough to park in the middle of a highway and sick enough that they took you to the hospital, pretty clear he's an avid alcoholic. So the Jets probably had an intervention of sorts, and told him, either you go to rehab and come out clean or you are cut. So, the Jets are protecting themselves by not saying anything, so if he doesn't complete it, then they can cut him without going back on their words to the media. It could also be considered a medical situation for him with rehab, and they may not have the authority to release information, hence why they are all mum on it.

Thanks for the reports. Good to see Geno run I guess, although sucks Sanchez threw a pick. Would be really useful if both of them were playing at a high level like yesterday.
    I think so also but before he faces the Judge it helps if you are already working on the problem..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    This. It's amazing anyone would root against our players...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Is it rooting against or just having enough empirical evidence to want to go in another direction, immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Is it rooting against or just having enough empirical evidence to want to go in another direction, immediately.
    QUIT WANTING THE BEST FOR THE TEAM, YOU SOJF!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    No its not !!!! People keep saying that but it is not true. Sanchez is a horrible fit for the WCO. You need touch and accuracy on short passes which Sanchez does not have, the ability to throw a deep ball which Sanchez has regressed in and ability to make quick reads which Sanchez sucks at. The best offense for Sanchez WAS Schottenheimers offense, because the throws he is good at are the medium outs and seams and crossing routes emphasized in that offense. He is NOT a fir for the WCO and I wish people would stop saying it.

Geno on the other hand is a perfect fit for the offense.
    Certain passes. Sanchez is also good with ball handling. See Donovan McNabb, talk about inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    At some point, u put the **** aside and you root for the best man to win. People on this board hate Sanchez, they would have a can of soda start ahead of him.

Can of soda wouldn't turn the ball over the way Intchez does.

You can also spare me the "root for the laundry" line. We ARE rooting for the laundry. That's why we're tired of seeing one of the worst QBs in the league wiping his ass with that laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

You can also spare me the "root for the laundry" line. We ARE rooting for the laundry. That's why we're tired of seeing one of the worst QBs in the league wiping his ass with that laundry.
    Who would u rather start? Geno? Do you care that he may not be ready? Offseason is done, we are not getting another starter...wake up, and move on.

Geno, yes.

ABS.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Geno, yes.

ABS.
    He will be in if Mark screws up.

Jets Insider VIP

+1

Don't see how anyone could still hold out hope for this kid. It's nothing but blind optimism at this point.

Nothing would make we happier than Sanchez turning the corner and developing into a legit franchise QB allowing us to flip Geno for a draft pick.

But do I see it happening?

Hell no

Jets Insider VIP
    based on the last two awful disgusting seasons of futility Sucky has showed us, Geno is probably MORE ready to lead an NFL offense RIGHT NOW than Sucky will ever be

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    He will be in if Mark screws up.

I think people are kind of missing the point here. If we were going to go into a different direction the time to do it was the offseason. We could have brought in a veteran then.

The last thing we should be doing is throwing Geno out there because people hate Sanchez, as opposed to because Geno is ready. This is not baseball, you can't send Geno down if he doesn't do well...once u give him a shot and if he blows it...he isn't coming back and will have no trade value. You sit him as long as you need to, and you roll with Sanchez if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Dont forget a "bad O line, lack of playmakers, and no WR talent"
    How has that changed, dare i ask?
    Will this new scheme transform our crap into gold?
    Do you live under a rock?

I think there have been significant changes made to the roster since last year on the offensive side of the ball as well as defense.

Last year, the problem was also health, not so much lacking talent, when you lose both starting WR's, both our #2 and #3 RB's for half the season, our starting TE for most of the season, and even our #2 TE for part of the season, that will be a factor.

WR- Edwards, Hill now in his 2nd year, Kerley in his 3rd, an improved Gates, and hopefully a health Holmes eventually, to me, is a solid unit, if Hill makes a jump.

TE - A healthy Winslow, an improving Cumberland, and maybe a jump made by Smith, could be a big improvement over last year.

RB - Ivory, if Goodson overcomes his current personal road block, and an improved Powell, has some nice potential to be a big jump from last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I think people are kind of missing the point here. If we were going to go into a different direction the time to do it was the offseason. We could have brought in a veteran then.

The last thing we should be doing is throwing Geno out there because people hate Sanchez, as opposed to because Geno is ready. This is not baseball, you can't send Geno down if he doesn't do well...once u give him a shot and if he blows it...he isn't coming back and will have no trade value. You sit him as long as you need to, and you roll with Sanchez if you have to.

he is readier right now than Buttfumble

give him the damn ball!

rolling another season down the toilet with Sucky is not an option

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Do you live under a rock?

I think there have been significant changes made to the roster since last year on the offensive side of the ball as well as defense.

Last year, the problem was also health, not so much lacking talent, when you lose both starting WR's, both our #2 and #3 RB's for half the season, our starting TE for most of the season, and even our #2 TE for part of the season, that will be a factor.

WR- Edwards, Hill now in his 2nd year, Kerley in his 3rd, an improved Gates, and hopefully a health Holmes eventually, to me, is a solid unit, if Hill makes a jump.

TE - A healthy Winslow, an improving Cumberland, and maybe a jump made by Smith, could be a big improvement over last year.

RB - Ivory, if Goodson overcomes his current personal road block, and an improved Powell, has some nice potential to be a big jump from last year.
    you left out the two most significant upgrades of the offense Ray

MM for Sparano and Geno Smith for Buttfumble 6

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    he is readier right now than Buttfumble

give him the damn ball!

rolling another season down the toilet with Sucky is not an option
    It's the responsibility of the coaching staff and the front office to protect young players, not to satisfy irrational fans...they will do that.