Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hill and Gates... (Jackson and Maclin)?

Jets Insider VIP
    don't think so

SAR were his three initials, I believe

and SAR is not banned so why use a new ID?

Also, SAR is an intelligent poster and this guy is an idiot

My guess is it's the return of Vinny/Gronk/Guido/Boob/Mitch under another user ID.... These posts sound stupid enough to be his

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Actually Rex praised Gates for his route running today not his speed, may I ask your age? You don't come across as someone who's been watching this game a long time, the fact that many players see the light 3, 4, 5 and sometimes even longer seems to elude you.
    You don't come across as someone that can read. I specifically said:

the next good route Gates runs in a game will be the first.
    I am aware Gates has had a good first two practices. And I hope it continues. But he was a bad route runner IN GAMES last year.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    don't think so

My guess is it's the return of Vinny/Gronk/Guido/Boob/Mitch under another user ID.... These posts sound stupid enough to be his
    That first initial stood for Scott.

As for not being banned... you must not be familiar with the whole ego thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I am aware Gates has had a good first two practices. And I hope it continues. But he was a bad route runner IN GAMES last year.
    DeeDee prefers his guys Amendola and Edelman and No Name and No Name and No Name

DeeDee prefers his guys Amendola and Edelman and No Name and No Name and No Name
    +Life

Hall Of Fame
    As of today. Amendola + Edelman > Hill + Gates. No way around that.

And spare me the Pats garbage you senile stooge. I loved it when we picked him and I am as big a supporter of Hill as anybody here and stuck up for him multiple times last season when the fair weather fans were bashing him for dropping balls. He is green and will take time to develop. And I am glad Gates has looked well in the first two days of camp but lets get the pads on before we all jump on the bandwagon. He was not good in games last year. Plain and simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    I may be a senile stooge as you claim but at least I am a Jet fan, You, on the other hand, are a pat fan in disguise
    plain and simple

sorry DeeDeeNEpats

Nobody is buying your ruse anymore
    Last edited by sg3; 07-27-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Both are better than Maclin now. Torn ACL!!

Hall Of Fame
    I may be a senile stooge as you claim but at least I am a Jet fan, You, on the other hand, are a pat fan in disguise
    plain and simple

sorry DeeDeeNEpats

Nobody is buying your ruse anymore
    First step is the admission.

I hate the Pats as much as you do. But I am just not willing to be delusional about it like some people. They give me plenty of factual stuff to hate. There is no need for me to make stuff up about them. And not for nothing but you guys talk about the Pats way more than I do. So if you hate them you got a weird way of showing it my friend.

Watch the Rex presser, he talks about Gates' transformation as a route runner. My point is not that he's a good route runner, but that he's getting praise from Rex about his route running. Learn to read before you come in here and crap on any kind of objective football thread, you offer no insight or perspective whatsoever just the usual snarky remarks, anything that may be deemed positive about the team seems to irritate you and your ilk and you hAve to come here right away to douse the fire, which makes me think you're a young immature punk with no knowledge of the game and a real apathy for the team which you claim to root for.

I can only hope Hill learns to catch...Gates will never be anything more then JAG. Reminds me of Jonathan Carter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Watch the Rex presser, he talks about Gates' transformation as a route runner. My point is not that he's a good route runner, but that he's getting praise from Rex about his route running. Learn to read before you come in here and crap on any kind of objective football thread, you offer no insight or perspective whatsoever just the usual snarky remarks, anything that may be deemed positive about the team seems to irritate you and your ilk and you hAve to come here right away to douse the fire, which makes me think you're a young immature punk with no knowledge of the game and a real apathy for the team which you claim to root for.
    Spare me the sunshine crew talking points.

I watched Rex's presser and I am encouraged about Gates looking good. You are the one comparing him and Hill to Jackson and Maclin and I was responding to that. And I never said that you said Gates was a good route runner. My critique of him route running was part of his comparison to the Eagles WRs. A comparison that YOU brought up. Stop making up arguments.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    you made good points but this is the key......read what Gates said yesterday.....he said that the biggest differences are the new ROUTES Marty has incorporated.....this is the key for any wr.......receivers look like crap running in sporanos and shottys systems......this receiving corp got better when mm got here......it's no coincidence that you are already seeing the benefits.

In terms if speed alone, Hill and Gates who timed 4.31 and 4.34 respectively match up with those two. But here's another one, it was Marty who designed those crazy long patterns for them to take advantage of their speed, so despite the fact that DJ and JM are very talented it took a mad scientist to make it work.

So far in two days of camp what are we seeing? Both Gates and Hill making big plays with the long ball, something tells me Marty sees the similarities and the potential of these two to implement his big play offense. We have the elements, now they just need to hone their skills and make it work, I'm not worried at all about Hill's hands, he'll catch his fair share if Marty can put him in the right place.

Hall Of Fame
    Braylon Edwards will only make them better

In terms if speed alone, Hill and Gates who timed 4.31 and 4.34 respectively match up with those two. But here's another one, it was Marty who designed those crazy long patterns for them to take advantage of their speed, so despite the fact that DJ and JM are very talented it took a mad scientist to make it work.

So far in two days of camp what are we seeing? Both Gates and Hill making big plays with the long ball, something tells me Marty sees the similarities and the potential of these two to implement his big play offense. We have the elements, now they just need to hone their skills and make it work, I'm not worried at all about Hill's hands, he'll catch his fair share if Marty can put him in the right place.

Hall Of Fame
    2000 was the last year Miami won a playoff game....bills have gone even longer.....and yet the experts have them over the jets....lol what a joke

You want crappier teams than Buffalo and Miami? Name me the last time either of those teams won a playoff game.

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe it's SARS son lol

don't think so

Spare me the sunshine crew talking points.

I watched Rex's presser and I am encouraged about Gates looking good. You are the one comparing him and Hill to Jackson and Maclin and I was responding to that. And I never said that you said Gates was a good route runner. My critique of him route running was part of his comparison to the Eagles WRs. A comparison that YOU brought up. Stop making up arguments.

I compared the Philly situation with the same coordinator to our players with similar skills. Hill and Gates were the fastest receivers coming out of their respective drafts, the only reason Gates didn't go higher is because he was too raw and not strong enough. Three years later he seems to have turned a corner.

Now I never said neither Hill nor Gates were equal to Maclin or Jackson, only that they embody the skills and the speed to get open that those two have in Philly and that Marty will scheme to utilize those skills like he did in Philly.

Now do me a favor and don't twist my words up, go take some reading comprehension courses or something.
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 07-27-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I compared the Philly situation with the same coordinator to our players with similar skills. Hill and Gates were the fastest receivers coming out of their respective drafts, the only reason Gates didn't go higher is because he was too raw and not strong enough. Three years later he seems to have turned a corner.

Now I never said neither Hill nor Gates were equal to Maclin or Jackson, only that they embody the skills and the speed to get open that those two have in Philly and that Marty will scheme to utilize those skills like he did in Philly.

Now do me a favor and don't twist my words up, go take some reading comprehension courses or something.
    I agree with everything in your first paragraph except I am going to hold off on saying that he has turned the corner after two practices. We know how Rex can be in his praise. Still we all should be encouraged by what we are hearing about the WRs and the offense as a whole.

I never said you said they were equals. But by bringing them up with Maclin and Jackson it leads to comparisons. And I agree that Marty is going to get the most out of these guys and scheme to their strengths. I just question how much they have to offer. Hill has as high a ceiling as anyone and Gates is just as green so I don't want to assume they are going to put up numbers like those guys did in Philly (I am not saying you said that).

I don't think I have twisted any of your words but how about we agree to move on from this?

I want to see if Gates even makes the roster first. He's off to a good start, but even if he makes the team, it's most likely as a 5th WR. Edwards, Hill, and Kerley will be ahead of him, and when Holmes comes back, he will be as well.

Gates has potential, especially with his speed, but he has questionable hands like Hill. What separates Hill from Jackson/Maclin is that, both of them are very shifty and can turn on a dime, while Hill is more rigid.

Hopefully, the system helps out the WRs and they become studs, but I'm not sure we have a DeSean Jackson type talent on the team with speed, elusiveness, and the good hands to go with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You want crappier teams than Buffalo and Miami? Name me the last time either of those teams won a playoff game.
    No, in the NFCE 3 teams contend in the AFCE 1 does.