Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hill and Gates... (Jackson and Maclin)?

Hill and Gates... (Jackson and Maclin)?

In terms if speed alone, Hill and Gates who timed 4.31 and 4.34 respectively match up with those two. But here's another one, it was Marty who designed those crazy long patterns for them to take advantage of their speed, so despite the fact that DJ and JM are very talented it took a mad scientist to make it work.

So far in two days of camp what are we seeing? Both Gates and Hill making big plays with the long ball, something tells me Marty sees the similarities and the potential of these two to implement his big play offense. We have the elements, now they just need to hone their skills and make it work, I'm not worried at all about Hill's hands, he'll catch his fair share if Marty can put him in the right place.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Games are what matters. Comparing Maclin, and Jackson to ours is a joke, they play in the NFCE too.

Hall Of Fame
    On a side note: Looks like Maclin suffered a pretty serious knee injury today at camp.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Games are what matters. Comparing Maclin, and Jackson to ours is a joke, they play in the NFCE too.

Is it though? The only difference is our guys are way rawer than those two were. If Hill had gone to Oregon or Cal, we'd be discussing a different player, Gates put up huge numbers at a small school and the ran like the blazes at Indy, but both were very raw in terms of route running and needed to get stronger, I saw Gates play very well against Miami, but I think he got lost in the muck and confusion of last season where Sparano had no clue how to generate an offense.

Both of these guys have huge upside, especially in Marty's offense.

All League
    I really see Hill having a big year. Can't wait.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Is it though? The only difference is our guys are way rawer than those two were. If Hill had gone to Oregon or Cal, we'd be discussing a different player, Gates put up huge numbers at a small school and the ran like the blazes at Indy, but both were very raw in terms of route running and needed to get stronger, I saw Gates play very well against Miami, but I think he got lost in the muck and confusion of last season where Sparano had no clue how to generate an offense.

Both of these guys have huge upside, especially in Marty's offense.
    Let's hope. You don't have to be a big star to succeed in Marty's offense, but you can become one.

All Pro
    I'm confused, are you under the impression that they play good defense in the NFC East? Because they don't.

In fact, Giants and Redskins were bottom 5 in the league in total defense and pass defense -- only the Eagles were top half at 15.

Practice Squad
    The Jets have a lot of unproven talent, but that doesn't mean that they can't be successful. That's the whole point of bringing in a legit OC who knows how to teach and put players in position to succeed. Marty will get the most out of the talent we have. We won't know just how good that can be, but I like the early signs from this offense. You can already see a glimmer of the kind of possibilities for this team to be greatly improved over last year. It won't resemble anything we're used to seeing from this team. I'm hoping for a very exciting offense this year in comparison to the crap we saw last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I'm confused, are you under the impression that they play good defense in the NFC East? Because they don't.

In fact, Giants and Redskins were bottom 5 in the league in total defense and pass defense -- only the Eagles were top half at 15.
    I'm talking the decade of 2000, not as of late. The NFCE has been crap as of late fairly even across the board except for the Giants SB. The Eagles have beaten the Giants something like 10 of the last 13 games played. The Eagles are in the top 3 teams with the most wins over the last decade. For that time frame they had one crap team in their division it's the opposite here.

I'm talking the decade of 2000, not as of late. The NFCE has been crap as of late fairly even across the board except for the Giants SB. The Eagles have beaten the Giants something like 10 of the last 13 games played. The Eagles are in the top 3 teams with the most wins over the last decade. For that time frame they had one crap team in their division it's the opposite here.

You want crappier teams than Buffalo and Miami? Name me the last time either of those teams won a playoff game.

In terms if speed alone, Hill and Gates who timed 4.31 and 4.34 respectively match up with those two. But here's another one, it was Marty who designed those crazy long patterns for them to take advantage of their speed, so despite the fact that DJ and JM are very talented it took a mad scientist to make it work.

So far in two days of camp what are we seeing? Both Gates and Hill making big plays with the long ball, something tells me Marty sees the similarities and the potential of these two to implement his big play offense. We have the elements, now they just need to hone their skills and make it work, I'm not worried at all about Hill's hands, he'll catch his fair share if Marty can put him in the right place.
    You are becoming one of the biggest homer losers on this board. No offense intended.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    You are becoming one of the biggest homer losers on this board. No offense intended.
    Homer loser?

It's a breath of fresh air compared to the norm around here lately, the know it all SOJF know-it-all GM's around here have had a far too long run of the roost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Homer loser?

It's a breath of fresh air compared to the norm around here lately, the know it all SOJF know-it-all GM's around here have had a far too long run of the roost.
    King of the Homer Losers. Where is the court jester Sg3?

And yes, this thread is a joke. Hill was borderline awful at times last year and there is a fairly good chance Gates doesn't even make the team. I think that someone who starts a thread comparing these players to two very established WRs qualifies as a homer (of the loser variety)
    Last edited by scottyM; 07-27-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    They are all fast, play WR and have/had MM as their OC. That is where the similarities end.

Jackson is a punk but he is a dynamic player when his head is in the game. A HR threat whenever the ball is in his hands, just ask the Giants. Maclin is very underrated, he is a good route runner with great hands. Hill is as green as a dollar bill and the next good route Gates runs in a game will be the first.

But we got all the potential in the world.

Hill is much bigger than either of them

And yes, this thread is a joke. Hill was borderline awful at times last year and there is a fairly good chance Gates doesn't even make the team. I think that someone who starts a thread comparing these players to two very established WRs qualifies as a homer (of the loser variety)

I want to ask this objective winner what team he roots for, the fact that talented young players are rising seems to annoy and irritate him.

Jets Insider VIP

73 posts, multiple insults and personal attacks

vacation????

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They are all fast, play WR and have/had MM as their OC. That is where the similarities end.

Jackson is a punk but he is a dynamic player when his head is in the game. A HR threat whenever the ball is in his hands, just ask the Giants. Maclin is very underrated, he is a good route runner with great hands. Hill is as green as a dollar bill and the next good route Gates runs in a game will be the first.

But we got all the potential in the world.

Actually Rex praised Gates for his route running today not his speed, may I ask your age? You don't come across as someone who's been watching this game a long time, the fact that many players see the light 3, 4, 5 and sometimes even longer seems to elude you.

Banned
    I want to ask this objective winner what team he roots for, the fact that talented young players are rising seems to annoy and irritate him.
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    73 posts, multiple insults and personal attacks

vacation????
    It is SAR.... Scott. Douchebag. The "M" stands for Mark.