Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets- Mike & Mike 8AM

Jets- Mike & Mike 8AM

Mike & Mike up in NE Greeny doing his usual Kraft, Belicheat,& Brady butt kissing .. Doing Jets two a days report at 8am, for anyone that is interested

Can't listen to him or take him seriously anymore.

He's entertaining, at times.

That's it. As far as knowledge, he's on the bottom tier.

All these guys know are talking points. They're completely clueless beyond anything other than headlines.

Greeny received a NE jacket an won't put it on, but said he would if no one would give him crap about it. The dude is NOT a Jets fan, regardless of what he says.

Hall Of Fame
    They both are predicting 4-12. Greeny refers to Sanchez situation as a "disaster". They both love Rex as a defensive coach but think that the offense is bad and mistake prone and that will be too much to overcome.

Greeny: "their Defense could be lights out! they could be really good!
    Golic: "I don't see it..."
    Greeny: "yeah, I don't either"

Greeny, you dun goofed.

Well just watch the segment, pretty much gloom and doom,
    recap,
    Jets suck, just a bad team all around no better then 4-12 this year, and Rex fired, according to these so called " experts" and huge Jets fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    isn't there a do not watch do not listen do not post about mode we can agree to put those two turds on

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    isn't there a do not watch do not listen do not post about mode we can agree to put those two turds on
    Yeah, the same one most of the rest of us would enjoy for your "contributions" as well, mate.

Moving on....

Both predicting 4 win seasons is, IMO, too negative and missed alot in the details. The team today is not materially worse than it was last year, and should, frankly, be improved in a number of areas. Our division is both stronger (Phins) and weaker (Pats).

6 wins is a solid pessimistic prediction, 8 is probably the top end for an optimist. Anything better than that would be both suprising, and shocking, tbh.

Alot of course rests on QB play, at least M&M got that part right. Sanchez is a proven failure, and Smith a complete unknown rookie. If Sanchez somehow rebounds or Smith steps in and pulls a RGIII, we could be average in 2013. Otherwise, the 5-7 win region is probably appropriate for predictive purposes, in liu of evidence we can do better.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They both are predicting 4-12. Greeny refers to Sanchez situation as a "disaster". They both love Rex as a defensive coach but think that the offense is bad and mistake prone and that will be too much to overcome.
    So it's like the Strip on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So it's like the Strip on the radio.
    Not in the least. Here, people use logic and attempt to reason wisely. Those two are just buffoons.

Rookie
    I find them both insightful and on top of current NFL team weaknesses and strengths.

Don't hate on these two just because they don't predict greatness for the team you root for.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hate cimini, and francessa, and manesh and mike and mike etc etc etc.

Shut up already!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Not in the least. Here, people use logic and attempt to reason wisely. Those two are just buffoons.
    Haha logic in the strip. Good one.

I didn't watch it. As a matter of fact once I saw they were in NE I pretty much turned it off.

Greeny constantly whines about the Jets, and anything that Belichick or Kraft do is wonderful.

Golic, IMO, never liked the Jets and always finds something negative to say.

Last year they were an absolute mess and still managed to win 6 games. I don't know how anyone can think this year's team is worse then last year's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Greeny is dead to me

Veteran
    I watched their segment this morning too and I don’t get why people are upset with their predictions. They don’t get into the details because most people, even the self-proclaimed crazy sports fans, don’t get that into the details. The regulars on this site are the exception to the rule.
    They both predicted a 4-12 season. They are probably within a game or two of most people’s predictions and stated a lot of the same reasons used here:
    • Sanchez is not elite and, to make things worse, a turn over machine.
    • The O-line is average at best. We do have two solid starters at LT and C, but the other three spots are big questions marks.
    • We lost our TE and haven’t replaced, period. Say what you want about Winslow. Until we actually see results, he is a health risk with his best days behind him.
    • Our WR core is awful:
    o Holmes is a cancer coming off a fairly serious injury
    o Edwards is widely viewed as a JAG who has done squat since his last year with the Jets.
    o Kerley is a “nice little receiver,” but scares now one.
    Our defense will be good next year and they admitted that. Both also said that we have a lights out defense when we have our back to back AFC runs, but we are no longer as talented. Greeny did say, however, that if there was a way to make a respectable run it would be with a better than expected Defense. Golic said that isn’t happening and Greeny said he agreed, but if it were to happen it would be with the Defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    I watched their segment this morning too and I don’t get why people are upset with their predictions. They don’t get into the details because most people, even the self-proclaimed crazy sports fans, don’t get that into the details. The regulars on this site are the exception to the rule.
    They both predicted a 4-12 season. They are probably within a game or two of most people’s predictions and stated a lot of the same reasons used here:
    • The O-line is average at best. We do have two solid starters at LT and C, but the other three spots are big questions marks.
    • We lost our TE and haven’t replaced, period. Say what you want about Winslow. Until we actually see results, he is a health risk with his best days behind him.
    • Our WR core is awful:
    o Edwards is widely viewed as a JAG who has done squat since his last year with the Jets.
    Our defense will be good next year and they admitted that. Both also said that we have a lights out defense when we have our back to back AFC runs, but we are no longer as talented. Greeny did say, however, that if there was a way to make a respectable run it would be with a better than expected Defense. Golic said that isn’t happening and Greeny said he agreed, but if it were to happen it would be with the Defense.
    Sanchez has never been elite and has always been a turn over machine. Nothing new and they won with him as QB. Never mind he won't be our QB this year

No one knows that the OL will be average at best. Anyone who says that is full of sh1t. Mangold is much better than a "solid starter".

What did our TE give us a year ago? Saying he wasn't replaced sounds smart. We would have to replace 28 catches, not 88.

We'll see about the WRs, obviously a ?. The cancer remark, fans imagine players are cancers, imagine that it means anything to a team. You don't know that Holmes is a cancer. That he had a fight with a complete JAG of a player means nothing. Move on from that nonsense. His injury makes a difference, when he's healthy and on the field hes a good player and would help big time.

Don't get the Kerley scares no one. Welker scared no one on the way to 100+ catches. He's a slot receiver. And plays it pretty well.

None of these points were discussed this way by either Mike....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    • Our WR core is awful:
    Why would we be worse than last year? Much quicker on D (addition by subtraction) and Rex is a more aggressive and better DC than Pettine was.

Better running backs and good OL signings. Hard to imagine Sanchez playing any worse. WR is a question mark at best, but hard to imagine we'll be worse than last year. Need better than expected play from TE and WR, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Sanchez has never been elite and has always been a turn over machine. Nothing new and they won with him as QB. Never mind he won't be our QB this year

No one knows that the OL will be average at best. Anyone who says that is full of sh1t. Mangold is much better than a "solid starter".

What did our TE give us a year ago? Saying he wasn't replaced sounds smart. We would have to replace 28 catches, not 88.

We'll see about the WRs, obviously a ?. The cancer remark, fans imagine players are cancers, imagine that it means anything to a team. You don't know that Holmes is a cancer. That he had a fight with a complete JAG of a player means nothing. Move on from that nonsense. His injury makes a difference, when he's healthy and on the field hes a good player and would help big time.

Don't get the Kerley scares no one. Welker scared no one on the way to 100+ catches. He's a slot receiver. And plays it pretty well.

Good points. Mike & Mike, like most, ignore that we didn't have Revis, Keller or Holmes last year. Their overview, from what I read, was predictable.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

By your logic, anyone who makes any predictions are full of it because no one knows for sure... Its a prediction guy! They discussed all of this - you just had to listen and not immediately reject what they were saying because you didn't like what you were hearing. And, to that point, nothing you listed in response justifies a better record.

My prediction is 5 wins +/- 1. I agree with pretty much everything they said and I thought they left out one glaring issue. We cannot stop the run or pressure the QB with a foundational pass rush.