Thread: Maclin Unfoetunately Out for Season

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Maclin Unfoetunately Out for Season

Jeremy Maclin tore his ACL today. Always sucks to see someone hurt this early in the year.

It does pose an interesting situation as he is an UFA and knows this offense, while at the same time we will need a WE next year. Seems like he will be a bargain.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Jeremy Maclin tore his ACL today. Always sucks to see someone hurt this early in the year.

It does pose an interesting situation as he is an UFA and knows this offense, while at the same time we will need a WE next year. Seems like he will be a bargain.
    Please don't worry,
    It can't hurt me
    Anymore.

Ride my problems
    To the water.
    Let 'em go.

Sold my fo-chun!
    Sold my fo-chun!
    Sold my fo-chun!
    Sold my fo-chun!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sucks for him. There are always these types of injuries in camp. We suffered one yesterday.

If MM is the OC in 2014 I am sure that Maclin will be on our radar. And the way these guise are recovering from ACLs these days I am sure he will be fine.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

And BTW, pass on Maclin. He's injury prone, may not miss many games but is always dinged up. And that's before Dunta Robinson took his heart in 2011:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's willing to take a one year prove yourself again deal with us next year, then sure yes. But I wouldn't go multi year contract with him unless it's pretty cheap.

He could replace Holmes as the No. 1 WR on the training room depth chart though.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is good enough to come here, he won't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    LOL the Groucho Marx of the NFL.

I agree (with someone else) too injury prone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive learned to take no pleasure in injuries even on rival teams (except brady maybe) you just never know when that **** hits you and derails your season. get well soon JM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a good year to be an impending free agent, Pitta down as well. Next year, we can have an all star mash unit on the cheap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that Im saying Im glad he is hurt but how is that unfortunate for us? Maclin was over rated anyway. Anyone who was hoping we get into a bidding was for that guy is asking for anther heart break IMO. Heck maybe we can trade then Edwards and get something back on signing him for a change. If they are seriously talking to TO right now they are desperate for a WR. All this is, is anther excuse for Vick fans to say he cant succeed. I can live with that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are all these guys getting hurt so bad already? They aren't even practising in pads right? That's fine. We don't need a bunch of puzzys on this team anyways.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Sure, players don't follow the money.

You're new to this thing called sports and those who play it, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not that Im saying Im glad he is hurt but how is that unfortunate for us? Maclin was over rated anyway. Anyone who was hoping we get into a bidding was for that guy is asking for anther heart break IMO. Heck maybe we can trade then Edwards and get something back on signing him for a change. If they are seriously talking to TO right now they are desperate for a WR. All this is, is anther excuse for Vick fans to say he cant succeed. I can live with that.
    I meant that its unfortunate for him as a player and a person who probably lost $15 + million as it will be much harder to get a long term deal this coming offseason.

As for the jets if they do like him it's a
    Good situation as he will be extremely cheap to sign compared to where he would have been.

I also don't think anyone is saying he Fitz. He is a good WR who knows
    this system and plays a position we will need to solidify next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buying low on Maclin next yr? Not a bad thought but I would still love Nicks or Graham.

BTW, Eagles will be picking 2nd in next April's draft after the Raiders took Clowney at 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Buying low on Maclin next yr? Not a bad thought but I would still love Nicks or Graham.

BTW, Eagles will be picking 2nd in next April's draft after the Raiders took Clowney at 1.
    You guys really need to forget about Graham hitting the open market next year. It is not happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You guys really need to forget about Graham hitting the open market next year. It is not happening.
    Just about any player who's not a top 5 QB is a potential FA and even Peyton Manning eventually hit the market. The Saints don't need Graham they run a high powered offense with Brees in that dome and have put up a ton of points over the past several years without him. If they give Graham an enormous cap-breaking deal they lose any shot at ever improving their defense.

You guys need to stop saying these types of things it sounds dumber every off-season it gets disproved.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No kidding. Id bet my dick on it. Nothing short of a Hernandez-esque meltdown is going see Graham leaving NOS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Just about any player who's not a top 5 QB is a potential FA and even Peyton Manning eventually hit the market. The Saints don't need Graham they run a high powered offense with Brees in that dome and have put up a ton of points over the past several years without him. If they give Graham an enormous cap-breaking deal they lose any shot at ever improving their defense.

You guys need to stop saying these types of things it sounds dumber every off-season it gets disproved.
    Do you even know what the franchise tag was for TEs this year?? If you did you would know that there is no way they are letting Graham hit the open market.

As far as saying dumb things, tell us again how the Jets should sign T.O. at WR.....LOL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Unfortunate if you want the Giants to suck this year (like I do).