Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprise cuts thread

Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    Hayden Smith aka Witten jr?????
    No, Witten lite

Here's my guarantee if we cut Hayden Smith....he gets a call from the devil in Gillette for a looksie.

I think Cumberland is going to get cut - IF winslow is healthy at the end of camp.

Winslow's talent, if healthy, speaks for itself. I do believe Hayden has a unique combination of size and speed to be worthy of a roster spot. Our 3rd TE, needs t be someone like Reuland who can also line up in the backfield and block at least somewhat adequately OR a player like Pantale who should be a good blocker and adequate at best receiver. I simply dont think Cumberland's receiving ability is enough to make up for his atrocious blocking and/or lack of upside at this point in his career.

Hall Of Fame
    I think Smith and Cumby are both safe. We have no depth and our starter has an injury history and was out of the league last year.

With Berry going down and Milliner holding out Trufant, Lankster and Wilson are all safe.

I think they might finally pull the plug on Vlad. And If Geno begins to separate himself early I can see Mark getting cut or traded for a bag of balls.

In March, I would have had Powell as a surprise cut. But thanks to the Goodson issue, Ivory already starting out on the bike and McKnight's inability to do the one thing completely under his control this offseason (stay in great shape), no way Powell goes.

As others have said, there are no surprise cuts on a team that has so little stability across the board.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    In March, I would have had Powell as a surprise cut. But thanks to the Goodson issue, Ivory already starting out on the bike and McKnight's inability to do the one thing completely under his control this offseason (stay in great shape), no way Powell goes.

As others have said, there are no surprise cuts on a team that has so little stability across the board.
    Apparently McKnight failed the test b.c of cramping/dehydration. I heard he is at 4% body fat and have seen pictures of him. He is in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Apparently McKnight failed the test b.c of cramping/dehydration. I heard he is at 4% body fat and have seen pictures of him. He is in great shape.
    He had the same issue last year. I think it's kind of ridiculous that a professional athlete doesn't realize that he needs to keep fluids in his system. Down a gatorade before practice and drink plenty of water during it. And don't eat anything too heavy before a morning practice.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    He had the same issue last year. I think it's kind of ridiculous that a professional athlete doesn't realize that he needs to keep fluids in his system. Down a gatorade before practice and drink plenty of water during it. And don't eat anything too heavy before a morning practice.
    Actually you have to hydrate the night before and early that morning well before practice to stay hydrated. Downing a Gatorade right before practice does very little to hydrate your body.

Forget "surprising," Lets start a shocking cuts thread:

Mangold;
    Cromartie;
    D'Brick

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I agree with this. He should know his body. But if it was indeed dehydration perhaps we can also blame the training staff b.c it is their job to know the players as well.

Jacoby Jones failed his first test this year too.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Actually you have to hydrate the night before and early that morning well before practice to stay hydrated. Downing a Gatorade right before practice does very little to hydrate your body.
    Yeah. And some guys are more prone to dehydration and cramping than others. Which is why I think the training staff should be all over him.

I read the 4% body fat thing too and it does make sense, seems to me that if they want him a bit thinner it would be to have a larger role as a receiver rather then a between the tackles runner.

I was surprised McKnight failed his conditioning test. However, in the big picture, I don't think it's that big a deal.

I don't know why Goodson is not in camp, but I still think the RB position will have a very interesting battle for who makes the final roster.

McKnight must have some digestive issues- the vomiting his rookie year, the McD's when he bulked up the next year, the food poisoning from Applebee's...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    So far, McElroy is the prime candidate. Hilliard would be another probable cut. If Goodson and Ivory look good coming out of camp then McKnight is my 3rd man out.
    Congratulations

McKnight, Hayden, and Bray gone.

#yoloswag

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Mcknight has fumbleitis

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Mcknight has fumbleitis
    He's never measured up to his potential.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Congratulations
    + 1. Great call by LIJetsFan.....McElroy, Hilliard and McKnight. He nailed it, although didn't have the reasoning right for McKnight (thought Joe would go because Ivory and Goodson were doing well. Goodson has been MIA, Ivory has underwhelmed and McKnight is gone basically because he's played like crap, been hurt and has a bad attitude.)

Isn't Greg still with the team?...

#yoloswag