Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: why not give Lloyd a shot ?

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like

    why not give Lloyd a shot ?

    If Holmes can't go , why not give Lloyd a shot.
    He's still without a team.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worse cancer than Holmes. He's in the Moss, TO, Ochostinko class

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea why this proposal keeps getting tossed around.

    Most of you guys constantly b*tch about what a "cancer" Holmes is...then you want to bring in an even bigger douchebag in Brandon Lloyd.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    492
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather have Austin collie wrapped in bubble wrap than Brandon Lloyd

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I have no idea why this proposal keeps getting tossed around.

    Most of you guys constantly b*tch about what a "cancer" Holmes is...then you want to bring in an even bigger douchebag in Brandon Lloyd.
    +1 Also complaining about Rex not playing young guys and when young guys have a chance to shine in camp to win a spot they want a 32 year old Brandon Lloyd to come in..

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm1244 View Post
    why not give Lloyd a shot ?
    I thought Hernandez did that!?!?



































    what? too soon?

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I thought Hernandez did that!?!?



    what? too soon?
    It was just too good to resist no matter how long it has been.

    Post of the Week!

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sparta,NJ
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I thought Hernandez did that!?!?



































    what? too soon?

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Idzik caved in to Braylon Edwards's whimpers and sweet talk so unfortunately I don't see the Jets signing another WR that anyone's heard of until someone gets injured. Remember we also signed Ben Obomanu who is also over 6 ft tall and has caught a few NFL touchdowns.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    John Idzik caved in to Braylon Edwards's whimpers and sweet talk so unfortunately I don't see the Jets signing another WR that anyone's heard of until someone gets injured. Remember we also signed Ben Obomanu who is also over 6 ft tall and has caught a few NFL touchdowns.
    You still not happy about the "Wolverine" getting re-signed, eh?




    U MAD, BRO?

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I thought Hernandez did that!?!?

    In that case more then one..

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have 16 WRs right now why would we sign more? We have like 7-8 guys well worth a roster spot and only 5 spots at most. Not counting PS. Why waste one of those spots on a 33 year old one dimensional WR that has only had one good year in his career? Again WRs dont get better after 30 there is a huge decline. Unless he is a sure short viable starter we simply dont need anther one of these guys. If he was any good he'd be in NE right now with his boyfriend McD or in Dallas with Orton.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We have 16 WRs right now why would we sign more? We have like 7-8 guys well worth a roster spot and only 5 spots at most. Not counting PS. Why waste one of those spots on a 33 year old one dimensional WR that has only had one good year in his career? Again WRs dont get better after 30 there is a huge decline. Unless he is a sure short viable starter we simply dont need anther one of these guys. If he was any good he'd be in NE right now with his boyfriend McD or in Dallas with Orton.
    Bolded for truth.

    And the only reason he was not signed here instead of Braylon is because of the amount of "baggage" he has. Idzik wants as little of a "circus-like" distraction as possible.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats housed a murderer and this was the guy they let go because of psychological problems. Think about that.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm1244 View Post
    If Holmes can't go , why not give Lloyd a shot.
    He's still without a team.
    Of what Thorazine?

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm1244 View Post
    If Holmes can't go , why not give Lloyd a shot.
    He's still without a team.
    There is a reason for that.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    I'd rather have Austin collie wrapped in bubble wrap than Brandon Lloyd
    LOL ... Nice One ! ... And I agree!

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    772
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has to be absolutely horrible in the clubhouse, because whatever team he's been on, they make no effort whatsoever to bring him back. I think the Rams parted with a 5th rd pick for him, and they didn't even bother to resign him, and now the Pats.

    At this point, I'd rather we just go with some young kid with upside than Lloyd, especially with Braylon back in the fold.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    He has to be absolutely horrible in the clubhouse, because whatever team he's been on, they make no effort whatsoever to bring him back. I think the Rams parted with a 5th rd pick for him, and they didn't even bother to resign him, and now the Pats.

    At this point, I'd rather we just go with some young kid with upside than Lloyd, especially with Braylon back in the fold.
    The Jets already have more than enough of those "young kids".

    Braylon ended up being the De-Facto Vet that the Jets signed.

    And it was the RIGHT move despite what a couple of Jets fans here believe.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baggage issues aside Stephen Hawking would have better YAC stats than "catch and fold" Lloyd.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us