Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

Thread: K-Ro's (7/28) Training Camp Report!

  1. #1

    K-Ro's (7/28) Training Camp Report!

    Hey guys, I know I'm not KRL, but I've taken the ride out to Cortland, and have gotten to watch Gang Green train live!

    - I'm staying at the local motel that Rex, Cimini, Mehta are all at. I've seen Cimini, and my dad saw Rex earlier. The infamous Ira from SI is here as well.

    - Geno and Ivory were both signing autographs today, was great to have them sign my hat. Geno made a few jokes, and Ivory was also a cool guy. He told me he wasn't practicing in full tomorrow.

    - Geno really has a cannon for an arm. You can really see the difference between he and Mark. Geno definitely outplayed Mark today.

    - Geno is overall better at getting the ball out of his hands early, and the second the liver arm definitely makes a difference.

    - You can tell Mark isn't performing well under pressure even though he made a few great passes. Very spotty play.

    - McElroy is garbage. Simms is winning the #3 job.

    - Cumblerland made a great catch, but he can't block to save his life.

    - Coples was playing standing up off the edge a lot today. The run D was phenomenal.

    - Rex brought the scheme back. Rex was calling audibles left and right, and he was just dominating the offense.

    - The defense is real man. We're going to be a top 10 D with our front 7.

    - Hill looked like garbage. I don't care what people say. I saw him drop numerous balls. His routes weren't smooth, and he was getting jammed left and right. Also his big catch was a body catch. I don't see it in him honestly.

    - Geno ran some read option. Reminded me of the Griffen/Kaep offense. It had a major gain as well.. like 30 yards.

    - Kerley looked sharp. Him and Cro were lined up on 1 on 1's today, and the two were out dueling each other. Cro locked Kerley down, and Kerley was still able to make a spectacular grab.

    - Braylon/Kellen sat out. Braylon looks happy to be here.

    - Powell looked pretty bad. McKnight looked the best of the bunch, but our running game was pretty poor without Ivory/Goodson.

    - Clyd Gates is making this team. He was out dueling everyone today.

    - Spadola has soft hands. Disappointed that Henry/Rogers didn't play.

    Ask questions if you want, but that's all I got now. This is the most excited that I've been since '09. I really think we're the sleeper team this year. Ivory/Braylon/Winslow are going to be HUGE for us this year.

  2. #2
    Braylon/Kellen sat out. Braylon looks happy to be here.
    Of course he does. It's like a 2nd home to him. Being with the Jets, I mean...

    And for some weird reason, he just PRODUCES with the Jets instead of any other team. It's really odd but whatever.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Of course he does. It's like a 2nd home to him. Being with the Jets, I mean...

    And for some weird reason, he just PRODUCES with the Jets instead of any other team. It's really odd but whatever.
    Hey man, I'm with you. I know your the fanboy of Bray, but I'm on the same bandwagon as you. I remember a convo we had years ago, disappointed at the fact that we kept Holmes over Braylon.. and I'm still bitter over that.

    He's going to produce here man. I'm talking 60 catches 850 yards, 8 TD's.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Hey man, I'm with you. I know your the fanboy of Bray, but I'm on the same bandwagon as you. I remember a convo we had years ago, disappointed at the fact that we kept Holmes over Braylon.. and I'm still bitter over that.

    He's going to produce here man. I'm talking 60 catches 850 yards, 8 TD's.
    In the shape he's in now, I wouldn't be surprised. The last time he was 215 was in 2010 so it's possible.


    BTW, it seems that others have different viewpoints on how Stephen Hill performed :

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...impresses.html


    Maybe they're just sugarcoating it?

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,012
    Thanks K-RO 25. Your report that Hill dropped a few is disappointing but it is only one day. He did have that one long catch soI guess that is what everybody focused on.

    Sounds like Geno may win this thing if he continues his progress.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,626
    First report that Hill was bad. Ill go with the other reports

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    First report that Hill was bad. Ill go with the other reports

    I'm here live, so go with what you want. I really can care less. His one body catch didn't impress me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    In the shape he's in now, I wouldn't be surprised. The last time he was 215 was in 2010 so it's possible.


    BTW, it seems that others have different viewpoints on how Stephen Hill performed :

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...impresses.html


    Maybe they're just sugarcoating it?

    I don't know what everyone is so excited about besides that one catch? I focused on Hill a lot too.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,626
    You mean couldn't care less.

    And at least 5 other reporters with credentials stated Hill looked good

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    You mean couldn't care less.

    And at least 5 other reporters with credentials stated Hill looked good

    True but he was also there watching.

    I guess the reporters were looking for something to write about in regards to Hill and when he made that great grab, they automatically said "STORY!!".

    If he didn't have that grab, their story would've only be about Geno.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    True but he was also there watching.

    I guess the reporters were looking for something to write about in regards to Hill and when he made that great grab, they automatically said "STORY!!".

    If he didn't have that grab, their story would've only be about Geno.

    Bingo.

    It was a pretty quick practice, and the morning one was cancelled. Outside of that play I didn't see him do squat. I'd love a report to show me different.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,970
    Been hearing all day how great Hill has looked in camp, if what you're saying is true that's a major *ucking disappointment. I don't care how good Clyde Gates looks in TC camp, he's not a starting receiver in this league. I'm sure he'll make the team, and know he can makes some catches at times, but I've seen enough of him during the regular season when it counts to know he's not a legit starting WR.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    You mean couldn't care less.

    And at least 5 other reporters with credentials stated Hill looked good
    Cool bro. You weren't there, I was. I'll go with what I saw with my eyes.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,303
    Always love to here the word from the fans making the trip up to Cortland.

    From all accounts, it seems Geno is going to give Sanchez a run for his money. I don't care whether you hear it from the fans or the media, this guy already seems to be the real deal. The preseason will gives us all a real vision of what to expect. Not going to lie, I'm rooting for Geno.

    Reading all of the tweets/quotes it seems that Rex is finally bringing back that attack defense that has been missing the last few years. Kind of glad that Pettine is out of here and I know I'm not the only one.

    Thanks for the report, K-Ro.
    Last edited by BleedGnW; 07-28-2013 at 11:43 PM.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,776
    Thanks for the report man, much appreciated.

    So does Coples look good playing on the edge? How did Ellis look too, if you don't mind me asking.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

  16. #16
    K-Ro what did you think of Winslow?

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,820
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    K-Ro what did you think of Winslow?
    He said in the report that he sat out.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Bingo.

    It was a pretty quick practice, and the morning one was cancelled. Outside of that play I didn't see him do squat. I'd love a report to show me different.
    Well, how about KRL's report? He called Hill the best WR on the field today, saying "so far he's catching everything." I wasn't there so I don't know, but you can't both be right about the guy, considering your reports on Hill are almost complete contradictions.

    That being said, I have high hopes for Hill, and we need him to step up his game this year. I'll stay optimistic, at least until I see him play with my own two eyes.

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,990
    Great report...I think?

    I just cant over the fact that another poster with the first two initials KR just appeared out of nowhere to post camp reports. I get fixated on weird things.



    -

  20. #20
    how about Antonio Allen and Jaiquan Jarrett?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us