Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction: 2013 Jets will have best record of Ryan era

All League
    Patriots will take a step back this yr. Less weapons, still a sub par D, Quaterback still plays well, but age drops his game slightly, all add up to less wins. We will be surprised as to how much they rely on the run this year

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Patriots will take a step back this yr. Less weapons, still a sub par D, Quaterback still plays well, but age drops his game slightly, all add up to less wins. We will be surprised as to how much they rely on the run this year
    But they will still get a minimum of 11 wins and win the AFC East easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Listen, I like the team we have - our defense, our backfield, our guys in the trenches.

But this game is about the quarterback...

And we've got Mark Sanchez or a rookie. Can't set yourself up for 12-4, because that would entail a Drew Brees-esque career rebound for Mark or a truly sensational rookie season by Geno.

I love the enthusiasm, though.
    I agree. I think the Pats finally may be a little vulnerable, and I'm starting to look at the Jets' bright sides. But I don't think it's reasonable to predict 12 wins for this team until we see who is playing QB, and how that QB is playing

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Sorry, but too high expectations. Have you seen our schedule?
    Which means nothing. Hate when people worry about schedules that aren't close to having been played out.

Plenty so called hard schedules ultimately turn into the opposite. While cake schedules turn into killers.

Let it play out already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    What makes this a mid-tier offense? If we're a mid-tier offense? Are the Dolphins a top-tier offense?
    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm predicting the jets will have a mid tier offense meaning they fall in the 10-20 range overall rank wise. No idea what that has to do with the dolphins.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    But they will still get a minimum of 11 wins and win the AFC East easily.
    Doubt it. I would bet cash they won't get 11

Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    8-8 would be great???

You young kids don't even know how to root for you own team. It's preseason. WTF? Yay Yay! Lets go .500!!! Go Jets GO!

What a bunch of puzzys.
    If you can't be optimistic in preseason when can you be? Right now our defense is #1 in the country (tie), our offense has improved enormously with a bright young QB, a solid line and terrific skills players. Let's dream happy dreams till reality intrudes with the start of real games. Go away debbie downers and "realists", time enough for that in September.

I think we'll do much better than the prognosticators in the media predict but I doubt we win the SB this year. But I could be wrong. It is still preseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

In the 52 years this franchise has been around, we have won 12 games in a season once. And with this roster, this is the 2nd time we accomplish that?
    Yes but the first 18 years of the franchise they had 14 game seasons which made it a bit harder..

Jets Insider VIP
    For the record:

I have seen our schedule but they mean nothing at this point.

I predict Geno will be QB from day one or at least early on.

Our defense is what propels us to double digit wins. Again 12 may be pushing it, but you all can sense it inside, buried deep beneath the defense mechanism built on years of frustration. We are getting a Rex Ryan defense matched with, at the very least, a coordinator who can scheme points.

It's futile to argue one way or another. I simply made the prediction cause that's my instinct and it clashes with popular opinion.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Positive reports on Hill and Gates---although we are talking about a handful of practices. I'm looking forward to seeing them in exhibition games. Read this morning that James Ivory hasn't practiced yet. Some kind of groin injury.
    Exhibition games - this to me is the big thing.

For the last couple of years we all took the practice reports and put a good spin on them, but when it came time to play in the exhibition games, the offense looked like sh!t.....and then we started making excuses even for the poor performance in the exhibition games.

I'm waiting to make an honest assessment of the offense after the first few exhibition games before I make my 13-3 call for the season.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Doubt it. I would bet cash they won't get 11
    Ok, so your predicting a 8 or 9 win season by the Pats? When they play in a division with 3 bad football teams?

All League
    Predicting less than 11 , absolutely.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    I know the media says the Jets are recbuilding, but I disagree.

I think think this years Jets will have the best record under Ryan because we will have a fearsome Ryan led defense matched with an efficient offensive coordinator. I can't stress enough the difference that is going to make for both sides of the ball. The defense can get some rest and the offense will have confidence in the game plan.

Sure, barring giant leaps from our young players on O, we may not have the firepower to be elite, but with this defense they may not need to be.

Finally, I believe Geno wins the job hands down, and years from now we will laugh at the thought of this supposed competition. Sanchez can't hang. All he's got is experience and that will only be an advantage for so long.

Just my thoughts. It may be baseless but I think this team is severely underestimated in a weak AFC.
    I also expect the defense to be ferocious this year but the offense is just too unsettled for me to predict 10+ wins. I have no faith that Sanchez will be even decent and it may be asking too much to ask Smith to step in and win right away. But I hope you are right.

All Pro

I think think this years Jets will have the best record under Ryan because we will have a fearsome Ryan led defense matched with an efficient offensive coordinator. I can't stress enough the difference that is going to make for both sides of the ball. The defense can get some rest and the offense will have confidence in the game plan.

Sure, barring giant leaps from our young players on O, we may not have the firepower to be elite, but with this defense they may not need to be.

Finally, I believe Geno wins the job hands down, and years from now we will laugh at the thought of this supposed competition. Sanchez can't hang. All he's got is experience and that will only be an advantage for so long.

Just my thoughts. It may be baseless but I think this team is severely underestimated in a weak AFC.
    I love your optimism, and I hope you are right, but I just don't see how this team will get to 12 wins this season. I don't see them as a 12 loss team either -- but 12 wins, which would be the best of the Ryan era, is an awful lot to ask for this season. But we can hope....

Jets Insider VIP
    Predicting less than 11 , absolutely.
    So the Pats are on their way to an 8 win season and the Jets a 12 win season. Got it.

Ya never know, I hope youre right, Wes

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So the Pats are on their way to an 8 win season and the Jets a 12 win season. Got it.
    When you take 8 for the only number less than 11...you don't get it.

On any level.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I missed this joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I love your optimism, and I hope you are right, but I just don't see how this team will get to 12 wins this season. I don't see them as a 12 loss team either -- but 12 wins, which would be the best of the Ryan era, is an awful lot to ask for this season. But we can hope....
    Tis the season for speculation, none of which matters come go time.

But, let me counter some points in this thread:

1. Rookie QB needs time to develop to be effective: have you watched football since Big Ben was drafted?

2. Sanchez can't do it - which is why I have smith as the starter.

3. The Pats are too good - I believe the Pats will take time to gel on offense and their defense is nothing to write home about.

4. You're a homer! - this year I guess I am. I blame Izdik.

I would love for a 12 win season, but with our schedule I just don't see it. If we had last years schedule maybe.

I can see us max out at 10-6 and winning the East/wildcard