Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 114

Thread: Prediction: 2013 Jets will have best record of Ryan era

  1. #41
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any Given Sunday...

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question for bigdan, the giantfan


    How will your Big Blues do this season??

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chance for 10-6 or more if Smith plays the whole season

    No better than 5-11 with Buttfumble 6 at the helm

  4. #44
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Jet fans go I'm normally positive......but I'm sorry, its gonna be a long year guys...at least we get to see a new QB.....5-11

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,761
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised so many are this pessimistic. The more I read about Geno the more I think we have a chance to be decent.

    The AFC kinda sucks, guys. Seriously, who are the Wild Card teams we can't compete with?

  6. #46
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest New Jersey
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe 12 wins is simply asking WAY too much with this current roster. Now I'm a true Jet fan and have been for forty three years but am not drinking the green kool aid. I believe that with a weakened division, some lucky breaks, players playing to their abilities, a lack of injuries, and good solid defensive play, with saying all that, I believe the Jets can win 7 to 9 games.
    I am a realist and have suffered through many a poor season so that is why I cannot endorse a 12 win season. Actually, with all things being a Jet norm, I am expecting some injuries, some terrible losses, some predictible wins, spotty defensive play, and general mistakes resulting in a 7 win season. That is what my head and heart tell me but HEY, it's only preseason and anything can happen.

    jf

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The more I read about Geno the more I think we have a chance to be decent.
    +1

    Geno is the key to the season. Improved QB production combined with a top 10 Rex Ryan defense will make this team decent in a weak AFC conference.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm predicting the jets will have a mid tier offense meaning they fall in the 10-20 range overall rank wise. No idea what that has to do with the dolphins.
    I used the Dolphins as an example, if you predict we'll be a mid-tier offense, then what do you predict the Dolphins will have. What about the Patriots? Because if we're mid-tier, then what are they?

    We're bottom tier. Sorry I'm not excited about Clyde Gates aka David Clowney and The Soldier Kellen Winslow.

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If the Jets even make it to 8-8, it would be an immense accomplishment.
    Before last season, Seattle fans would have said the same thing after Flynn was not named QB and they went with a rookie. Seattle went on to win 11. Not saying the Jets will win 11, but i wouldn't be completely shocked.

    First off, there is no reason why the defense can't be top 5. They have more talent on the front 7 than they have ever had under Rex. So no need for constant blitzing. The corners should be above average (even with a rookie on one side).

    Second, if, and its a big if, Geno can develop and give the Jets 80% of what Russell Wilson gave the seahawks the Jets will be MUCH better on offense this year. RB's (Goodson and Ivory) are huge improvement over Shonne Greene. And OL will be far more athletic without Slausson/Ducasse at LG. Braylon/Kerly/Wilson/Gates/Hill are solid WRs. We can assume that Kerley will be an above average slot WR. So all we really need is one of Hill/Gates/Braylon to step up at WR (assuming Holmes is a complete zero this year.). And lets not forget the huge improvement MM is over Sunglasses.

    None of the above is crazy. It's not like I am assuming C Ivory to run for 1,500 yards or Geno to pass for 4,000 for this team to have success. With all that said, i also wouldn't be shocked if this team wins 4 games.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Before last season, Seattle fans would have said the same thing after Flynn was not named QB and they went with a rookie. Seattle went on to win 11. Not saying the Jets will win 11, but i wouldn't be completely shocked.

    First off, there is no reason why the defense can't be top 5. They have more talent on the front 7 than they have ever had under Rex. So no need for constant blitzing. The corners should be above average (even with a rookie on one side).

    Second, if, and its a big if, Geno can develop and give the Jets 80% of what Russell Wilson gave the seahawks the Jets will be MUCH better on offense this year. RB's (Goodson and Ivory) are huge improvement over Shonne Greene. And OL will be far more athletic without Slausson/Ducasse at LG. Braylon/Kerly/Wilson/Gates/Hill are solid WRs. We can assume that Kerley will be an above average slot WR. So all we really need is one of Hill/Gates/Braylon to step up at WR (assuming Holmes is a complete zero this year.). And lets not forget the huge improvement MM is over Sunglasses.

    None of the above is crazy. It's not like I am assuming C Ivory to run for 1,500 yards or Geno to pass for 4,000 for this team to have success. With all that said, i also wouldn't be shocked if this team wins 4 games.
    I think its time to write off Goodson as a player on this team and in doing so start to be concerned about the RB position. I like to wear the green colored goggles as much as the next guy.. but Ivory is a player with a history of injuries. I like his talent but I was counting on Goodson as a fallback option when Ivory goes down. Right now we are looking at Powell and some guy that we signed as a UDFA the other day. The RB position is too thin to count on as it is currently constructed.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    I know the media says the Jets are recbuilding, but I disagree.

    I think think this years Jets will have the best record under Ryan because we will have a fearsome Ryan led defense matched with an efficient offensive coordinator. I can't stress enough the difference that is going to make for both sides of the ball. The defense can get some rest and the offense will have confidence in the game plan.

    Sure, barring giant leaps from our young players on O, we may not have the firepower to be elite, but with this defense they may not need to be.

    Finally, I believe Geno wins the job hands down, and years from now we will laugh at the thought of this supposed competition. Sanchez can't hang. All he's got is experience and that will only be an advantage for so long.

    Just my thoughts. It may be baseless but I think this team is severely underestimated in a weak AFC.
    Well at least your name is accurate.

  12. #52
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I think its time to write off Goodson as a player on this team and in doing so start to be concerned about the RB position. I like to wear the green colored goggles as much as the next guy.. but Ivory is a player with a history of injuries. I like his talent but I was counting on Goodson as a fallback option when Ivory goes down. Right now we are looking at Powell and some guy that we signed as a UDFA the other day. The RB position is too thin to count on as it is currently constructed.
    Too early to write Goodson off. Probably in rehab. Not saying he's a lock, but let's wait a bit before cutting since the FO hasn't done that yet

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I'm surprised so many are this pessimistic. The more I read about Geno the more I think we have a chance to be decent.

    The AFC kinda sucks, guys. Seriously, who are the Wild Card teams we can't compete with?
    Especially when you consider this team was in contention for the playoffs late last year with a roster that (on paper) looks a lot worse than what the team will field this year.

    It's too early for predictions, but by the same token it's way too early to write this team off.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Well at least your name is accurate.
    +1 Best line of the day (even if i disagree)

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    I used the Dolphins as an example, if you predict we'll be a mid-tier offense, then what do you predict the Dolphins will have. What about the Patriots? Because if we're mid-tier, then what are they?

    We're bottom tier. Sorry I'm not excited about Clyde Gates aka David Clowney and The Soldier Kellen Winslow.
    Ugh, whats so good about the fins O?

    You do know that more than one team can be mid tier, right?

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    I used the Dolphins as an example, if you predict we'll be a mid-tier offense, then what do you predict the Dolphins will have. What about the Patriots? Because if we're mid-tier, then what are they?

    We're bottom tier. Sorry I'm not excited about Clyde Gates aka David Clowney and The Soldier Kellen Winslow.
    I think its stupid to compare to other teams right now. I'm simply saying with the additions of Smith, Marty, and a versatile group of Wr/RB/Te, we are going to be better then bottom tier.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfellow View Post
    I believe 12 wins is simply asking WAY too much with this current roster. Now I'm a true Jet fan and have been for forty three years but am not drinking the green kool aid. I believe that with a weakened division, some lucky breaks, players playing to their abilities, a lack of injuries, and good solid defensive play, with saying all that, I believe the Jets can win 7 to 9 games.
    I am a realist and have suffered through many a poor season so that is why I cannot endorse a 12 win season. Actually, with all things being a Jet norm, I am expecting some injuries, some terrible losses, some predictible wins, spotty defensive play, and general mistakes resulting in a 7 win season. That is what my head and heart tell me but HEY, it's only preseason and anything can happen.

    jf
    Hmm, when was the last time this happened?

  18. #58
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I think its time to write off Goodson as a player on this team and in doing so start to be concerned about the RB position. I like to wear the green colored goggles as much as the next guy.. but Ivory is a player with a history of injuries. I like his talent but I was counting on Goodson as a fallback option when Ivory goes down. Right now we are looking at Powell and some guy that we signed as a UDFA the other day. The RB position is too thin to count on as it is currently constructed.
    Have to say, not one thing about this post says it was written by anyone close to being an optimist wearing green colored glasses.

    Lets write a guy off and worry about the position, the unit before a game. All because he's missed a handful of practices for reasons unknown.

  19. #59
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    picking up the UDFA RB does concern me some. Does this indicate that what they know about Goodson is that he may not be with us in 2013. It does kinda seem that may be the case

  20. #60
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfellow View Post
    I believe 12 wins is simply asking WAY too much with this current roster. Now I'm a true Jet fan and have been for forty three years but am not drinking the green kool aid. I believe that with a weakened division, some lucky breaks, players playing to their abilities, a lack of injuries, and good solid defensive play, with saying all that, I believe the Jets can win 7 to 9 games.
    I am a realist and have suffered through many a poor season so that is why I cannot endorse a 12 win season. Actually, with all things being a Jet norm, I am expecting some injuries, some terrible losses, some predictible wins, spotty defensive play, and general mistakes resulting in a 7 win season. That is what my head and heart tell me but HEY, it's only preseason and anything can happen.

    jf
    You know when I'll believe the Jets can't win 12 games this year? When they have 5 losses.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us