Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Prediction: 2013 Jets will have best record of Ryan era

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take 8-8 or 9-7 and a shot at a wildcard - that would be amazing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    12 wins would also match a franchise mark set in 1998. It would be a helluva feat and as although I have been a Rex critic, even I would support an extension if he got this team to win 12 games. Gladly.

Just for some perspective, the Pats have won 12 or more games 7 times this decade. We have done it once in 53 seasons.
    We're only three seasons into this decade . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see this team a being rebuilding but I don't see the best record in ryans era.....including the playoffs ryan won 11 games in 09 and 13 in 2010.....I can see them winning 9 games this year...if everything clicks then it's just for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    I know the media says the Jets are recbuilding, but I disagree.

I think think this years Jets will have the best record under Ryan because we will have a fearsome Ryan led defense matched with an efficient offensive coordinator. I can't stress enough the difference that is going to make for both sides of the ball. The defense can get some rest and the offense will have confidence in the game plan.

Sure, barring giant leaps from our young players on O, we may not have the firepower to be elite, but with this defense they may not need to be.

Finally, I believe Geno wins the job hands down, and years from now we will laugh at the thought of this supposed competition. Sanchez can't hang. All he's got is experience and that will only be an advantage for so long.

Just my thoughts. It may be baseless but I think this team is severely underestimated in a weak AFC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm fine with being sunshine and rainbows right now, but I don't want to hear those same people *****ing when we finish 7-9 or worse.

When Ivory goes down, our running game goes with him, and that will send our offense from mid-pack (with Geno), back down to the bottom of the league. I'm also expecting to surrender some long TD passes due to miscommunications on the back end.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    We're only three seasons into this decade . . .
    decade = ten years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    decade = ten years.
    "a decade" = 10 years
    "this decade" = 2010-2019 (or, 2011-2020 depending on who you ask)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    "a decade" = 10 years

DeeDeeNEpats doesn't care about the calendar when it comes to his love for his Pats

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    "a decade" = 10 years

this + decade = this 10 years. If you ask me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'm fine with being sunshine and rainbows right now, but I don't want to hear those same people *****ing when we finish 7-9 or worse.

When Ivory goes down, our running game goes with him, and that will send our offense from mid-pack (with Geno), back down to the bottom of the league. I'm also expecting to surrender some long TD passes due to miscommunications on the back end.
    Every team in this leagues chances are based on key players staying healthy.
    Look at the Broncos, you don't think there is concern for Paytons health when your starting a 3rd string center?
    The Pats already lost Hernandez & Gronk is iffy, what if Wilfork went down?
    That's the NFL & injuries change everything, even who is out when you play a particular team.
    Health is a crapshoot in the NFL for every team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Every team in this leagues chances are based on key players staying healthy.
    Look at the Broncos, you don't think there is concern for Paytons health when your starting a 3rd string center?
    The Pats already lost Hernandez & Gronk is iffy, what if Wilfork went down?
    That's the NFL & injuries change everything, even who is out when you play a particular team.
    Health is a crapshoot in the NFL for every team.
    Anyone can get injured at any time, but some players are more injury prone than others.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta love the beginning of camp. Every draft choice is a future HOFer, every free-agent signing is an all-pro in the making, and we're going 12 and 4!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Sorry but I don't think Ivory is the make or break piece to this offense. The biggest upgrade will be on the line, with (IMO) Colon and Winters at guard. We managed to put out a 1000 yard rusher last year with GREENE, I have no doubt that our run game will be far superior to last year considering: 1) New OC and offense that will actually be balanced and capable, 2) the improved o-line, 3) a better STABLE of RBs with Ivory, Goodson and Powell (even just going from Greene to Powell is basically a break even deal there), and 4) a better passing game.

I mean guys, we won 6 games last year with Sanchez playing at all-time-bad levels, an OC who knew seemingly nothing about O, and an older less able o-line, not to mention our slow plodding defense. I can't say we'll have the best record in the Ryan era or whatever, but can you really see us going down?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    I mean guys, we won 6 games last year with Sanchez playing at all-time-bad levels, an OC who knew seemingly nothing about O, and an older less able o-line, not to mention our slow plodding defense. I can't say we'll have the best record in the Ryan era or whatever, but can you really see us going down?
    Using logic here is my prediction. Last year we were terrible but we ended up beating bad teams and one good team (indy). Lets say we improve, because anyone with eyes and ears can see the jets are better off than last year staff and player wise. If other teams improve at an equal rate, which I doubt, but lets say they do. We should beat all teams that had a losing record in 2012 and get one "lucky" win against a better opponent (hopefully NE).

Games we should win in 2013 and their records in 2012:
    Tampa 7-9
    Tenn 6-10
    Pitt (Its at home) 8-8
    Miami (1) 7-9
    Buff (2) 6-10
    Oakland 4-12
    Carolina 7-9
    Cleveland 5-11

We should shock one team:

New England (1)

This puts our record at 10-6

If we don't get any better, we win 6 games. This isn't green koolaid, it's just probability. Obviously this is assuming we are better than last year, but I don't see how we could be worse.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    8-8 would be great???

You young kids don't even know how to root for you own team. It's preseason. WTF? Yay Yay! Lets go .500!!! Go Jets GO!

What a bunch of puzzys.
    Lots of dunces in that bunch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    Using logic here is my prediction. Last year we were terrible but we ended up beating bad teams and one good team (indy). Lets say we improve, because anyone with eyes and ears can see the jets are better off than last year staff and player wise. If other teams improve at an equal rate, which I doubt, but lets say they do. We should beat all teams that had a losing record in 2012 and get one "lucky" win against a better opponent (hopefully NE).

Tampa 7-9
    Tenn 6-10
    Pitt (Its at home) 8-8
    Miami (1) 7-9
    Buff (2) 6-10
    Oakland 4-12
    Carolina 7-9
    Cleveland 5-11

New England (1)

If we don't get any better, we win 6 games. This isn't green koolaid, it's just probability. Obviously this is assuming we are better than last year, but I don't see how we could be worse.
    EVERY TEAM on that list has the JETS game circled as a "WE SHOULD WIN" game. NO TEAM thinks the JETS are better than them. Just sayin.....

Your analysis is fair, but remember the TENN game last year? We made them look like a playoff team. We barely beat the fins, lost to the BILLS etc..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    EVERY TEAM on that list has the JETS game circled as a "WE SHOULD WIN" game. NO TEAM thinks the JETS are better than them. Just sayin.....

Your analysis is fair, but remember the TENN game last year? We made them look like a playoff team. We barely beat the fins, lost to the BILLS etc..
    I know....believe me, I wish I could forget last year. But like you said this is a "fair" analysis. I'm not "homering" or "SOFJ". If everyone just looked at last year and this year objectively I think they could see this happening. I can't be doom and gloom in TC. I'm a jets fan, a grounded one but definitely not a SOFJ fan.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post

Tampa 7-9
    Tenn 6-10
    Pitt (Its at home) 8-8
    Miami (1) 7-9
    Buff (2) 6-10
    Oakland 4-12
    Carolina 7-9
    Cleveland 5-11

New England (1)

I see 8-8 as the peak, but with that said I don't see a worse record than the 6-10 from last year either. Vegas has the O/U right on the money with the 6.5 win total.

The defense will keep us in games where I don't think the season will bottom out (like the Lions did last year for example). There's just too many ?s still on offense to think a 10 win season is possible. The only way it could be remotely possible is if Geno starts from week 1 and plays like the rookie QBs from last year did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    BUMP>>>>

We have a brutal schedule coming up and have only beat two teams with a combined win total of 1. However, I'm still sticking with what I said back at the end of July: This team will have the best record of the Rex Ryan era.

Any more takers yet?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sign me up! Be BOLD!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    I know the media says the Jets are recbuilding, but I disagree.

I think think this years Jets will have the best record under Ryan because we will have a fearsome Ryan led defense matched with an efficient offensive coordinator. I can't stress enough the difference that is going to make for both sides of the ball. The defense can get some rest and the offense will have confidence in the game plan.

Sure, barring giant leaps from our young players on O, we may not have the firepower to be elite, but with this defense they may not need to be.

Finally, I believe Geno wins the job hands down, and years from now we will laugh at the thought of this supposed competition. Sanchez can't hang. All he's got is experience and that will only be an advantage for so long.

Just my thoughts. It may be baseless but I think this team is severely underestimated in a weak AFC.
    You've gone way, way, way overboard with the Kool Aid. Listen, I am as happy as anyone that this team is playing well right now. It really burns me that they lost to the Patsies, they should have won, but overall they have played way better than I thought they were capable of.

But saying they will have a better record than 2010 is simply absurd. I do not believe for a millisecond. They just do not have the offensive talent. This receiving group will drop too many passes for us to win 12 games. The defense is not generating enough turnovers for that to happen.

The Jets are -6 in turnover margin. That is a tell tale sign that if it keeps trending in that direction, they will start to lose a lot more games.

Willie Colon has made me think of Alan Faneca and what he brought to this team. But after only 3 games, it is still just a thought. NO way do I believe he can be the kind of player Faneca was for us. Faneca was a devastating run blocker. He brought attitude, nastiness, and a take no prisoners mindset to the OL. Not to mention, when the playoffs came around, he raised his game. He played so well, it was like he was having an out of body experience. It was SICK. His impact on the OL lingered with them into the playoffs in 2011.

I'm not ready to go that far with Willie Colon this soon. I also do not think anyone else is.