Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction: 2013 Jets will have best record of Ryan era

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Prediction: 2013 Jets will have best record of Ryan era

I know the media says the Jets are recbuilding, but I disagree.

I think think this years Jets will have the best record under Ryan because we will have a fearsome Ryan led defense matched with an efficient offensive coordinator. I can't stress enough the difference that is going to make for both sides of the ball. The defense can get some rest and the offense will have confidence in the game plan.

Sure, barring giant leaps from our young players on O, we may not have the firepower to be elite, but with this defense they may not need to be.

Finally, I believe Geno wins the job hands down, and years from now we will laugh at the thought of this supposed competition. Sanchez can't hang. All he's got is experience and that will only be an advantage for so long.

Just my thoughts. It may be baseless but I think this team is severely underestimated in a weak AFC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    12 wins would also match a franchise mark set in 1998. It would be a helluva feat and as although I have been a Rex critic, even I would support an extension if he got this team to win 12 games. Gladly.

Just for some perspective, the Pats have won 12 or more games 7 times this decade. We have done it once in 53 seasons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    id like to know what you are smokin, cause id like some. jets will be lucky to win 6 games, and you think there going to win 12. no way. stop drinking the green jets kool-aid

Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post

I think think this years Jets will have the best record under Ryan because we will have a fearsome Ryan led defense matched with an efficient offensive coordinator. I can't stress enough the difference that is going to make for both sides of the ball. The defense can get some rest and the offense will have confidence in the game plan.

Sure, barring giant leaps from our young players on O, we may not have the firepower to be elite, but with this defense they may not need to be.

Finally, I believe Geno wins the job hands down, and years from now we will laugh at the thought of this supposed competition. Sanchez can't hang. All he's got is experience and that will only be an advantage for so long.

Just my thoughts. It may be baseless but I think this team is severely underestimated in a weak AFC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    id like to know what you are smokin, cause id like some. jets will be lucky to win 6 games, and you think there going to win 12. no way. stop drinking the green jets kool-aid
    Very cliched response to any hint of optimism. Until the games start, this argument is futile, but this is what I see. I am no homer but I believe I know football. You mix a top 5 D with a mid tier offense and you will win a bunch of games.

Combine that with a pretty weak division and conference, and you have a shot. 12 may be pushing it, but I expect double digit wins.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope you are right about double digit wins, i just dont see it. i dont see the jets scoring many points just like last year. and i dodnt think they have made enough moves in the offseason to change any of the offense problems from last year.

Very cliched response to any hint of optimism. Until the games start, this argument is futile, but this is what I see. I am no homer but I believe I know football. You mix a top 5 D with a mid tier offense and you will win a bunch of games.

Combine that with a pretty weak division and conference, and you have a shot. 12 may be pushing it, but I expect double digit wins.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets even make it to 8-8, it would be an immense accomplishment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the time for optimism. I think 12 wins is insane. But until we know for certain that this team isn't capable of that, why not think it?

I'm definitely encouraged by the reports coming out about the offense. This team might actually be able to move the ball through the air a little better than we initially anticipated. But there are still a lot of questions:

- Is the running game really going to be better?
    - Can Winslow stay on the field and be productive?
    - Can the LBs hold up in coverage?
    - Can the D cover any TEs?

I think the answer to all four of those questions has to be a definitive yes before we can start talking about double-digit wins, much less 12 total.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Positive reports on Hill and Gates---although we are talking about a handful of practices. I'm looking forward to seeing them in exhibition games. Read this morning that James Ivory hasn't practiced yet. Some kind of groin injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes this a mid-tier offense? If we're a mid-tier offense? Are the Dolphins a top-tier offense?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as the Jets win more playoff games than in any Rex Ryan season, I'm down with that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the 52 years this franchise has been around, we have won 12 games in a season once. And with this roster, this is the 2nd time we accomplish that?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    As long as the Jets win more playoff games than in any Rex Ryan season, I'm down with that.
    +1

Could care less what the regular season record is as long as they do that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets not forget that other teams have drafted very good players and other teams are also trying to improve. Yes I think the Jets might be better than predicted and I think the AFC seems weaker this year but the Jets are not quite ready to have a season that good. 10 wins would be a miracle. 8-8 would be great. Yes I think they will be better than last year. 8-8 is my prediction.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    +1

Could care less what the regular season record is as long as they do that.
    I agree. But it would be nice to have one of those 17-2 seasons sometime before I die.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Lets not forget that other teams have drafted very good players and other teams are also trying to improve. Yes I think the Jets might be better than predicted and I think the AFC seems weaker this year but the Jets are not quite ready to have a season that good. 10 wins would be a miracle. 8-8 would be great. Yes I think they will be better than last year. 8-8 is my prediction.
    8-8 would be great???

You young kids don't even know how to root for you own team. It's preseason. WTF? Yay Yay! Lets go .500!!! Go Jets GO!

What a bunch of puzzys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    In the 52 years this franchise has been around, we have won 12 games in a season once. And with this roster, this is the 2nd time we accomplish that?
    You have all season to be realistic. Now is the only time we have to visualize the highly-unlikely scenario in which a rookie QB takes a mediocre roster to its second-best regular season performance in over 40 years.

The Seahawks turnaround from '11 to '12 is the closest comparison to what the Jets have working at the moment in terms of talent. I'll sign up for a four-game improvement in '13 right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen, I like the team we have - our defense, our backfield, our guys in the trenches.

But this game is about the quarterback...

And we've got Mark Sanchez or a rookie. Can't set yourself up for 12-4, because that would entail a Drew Brees-esque career rebound for Mark or a truly sensational rookie season by Geno.

I love the enthusiasm, though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but too high expectations. Have you seen our schedule?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel better about the team than I did this time last year. That's as far as I will go.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    8-8 would be great???

You young kids don't even know how to root for you own team. It's preseason. WTF? Yay Yay! Lets go .500!!! Go Jets GO!

What a bunch of puzzys.
    This guy gets it.