Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Prediction: 2013 Jets will have best record of Ryan era

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    BUMP>>>>

We have a brutal schedule coming up and have only beat two teams with a combined win total of 1. However, I'm still sticking with what I said back at the end of July: This team will have the best record of the Rex Ryan era.

Any more takers yet?
    So 13-3? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BUMP>>>>

We have a brutal schedule coming up and have only beat two teams with a combined win total of 1. However, I'm still sticking with what I said back at the end of July: This team will have the best record of the Rex Ryan era.

Any more takers yet?
    12 wins? It's nice to dream, but I highly doubt that.

If that happens, Rex wins Coach of the Year. And the medias heads blow up.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    So 13-3? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Actually, you don't do the math thing, too well, troll. The Jets' best record, under Ryan, to date, is 11-5..... so, 12-4 would be better, according to my math skills. In reality, 11-5, with a division title, would be a better record in my book, as well.

Hell, if this team can get to 7-9, Rex Ryan will get strong consideration for HC of the year. And rightfully so. This team so far is absolutely night and day better than 2012.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    12 wins would also match a franchise mark set in 1998. It would be a helluva feat and as although I have been a Rex critic, even I would support an extension if he got this team to win 12 games. Gladly.

Just for some perspective, the Pats have won 12 or more games 7 times this decade. We have done it once in 53 seasons.
    That's a great example of how you skew facts.. If your were really fair you would point out that it's easier to win 12 in 16 game seasons then 14 game season plus much easier to win 12 with a HOF QB..

Got to say I'm very optimistic based on what I have seen so far, however I'm goin to reserve judgement till Sunday, I want to see us show we can go and win on the road against a +500 team.

If we go 3-1 I'm all in.

Why are you a Rex critic. He is hands down the best coach we have ever had and he is still learning the job. I just dont see the Rex hate.

Jets Insider VIP
    We lose to a watered down Pasts team and squeak out wins against 2 teams who will struggle themselves to get to 8-8 and you predict 12 wins?

You've seen our schedule this year right?

Edit: Derp. Just saw this was an older thread. In any event. It's still crazy talk.

Jets Insider VIP
    BUMP>>>>

Any more takers yet?
    Takers as in internetz betz? How much? Name a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    Why are you a Rex critic. He is hands down the best coach we have ever had
    I assume you just forgot about Parcells. I would also put him behind Walt Michaels. I never saw Weeb but he did win a SB. So let's say Rex is #4 all time. Hard to argue that, and yet he is still a very average HC IMO.

Let's be fair.... We did not eek out a win against the Bills... We dominated that game. We only let them back into it to then take the lead again.... The fact that we won the first game when we needed to and should have at least tied the game in NE. This team is much better then their scores. In reality, the defense has to start making turnovers... But the second fact that we have scored more points then our opponents with a horrible turnover ratio only shows the improvement that they can make.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    I assume you just forgot about Parcells. I would also put him behind Walt Michaels. I never saw Weeb but he did win a SB. So let's say Rex is #4 all time. Hard to argue that, and yet he is still a very average HC IMO.
    I liked Michaels but he had 2 winning seasons in 6 years and 1 AFCCG..

Jets Insider VIP
    I think its simple: Morningweig and Rex. That's two extremely competent coordinators on O & D. I think it's safe to say we won't lead the league in penalties once we get some respect from the refs. And I think it's safe to say Geno looks to be improving a little each week. Barring some catastrophic injuries, I think we have a shot to beat any team in the league on any given Sunday.

And our schedule is not that crazy. Atlanta and Pittsburgh are not considered elite teams anymore, and I'll take our chances in the Ryan bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    We lose to a watered down Pasts team and squeak out wins against 2 teams who will struggle themselves to get to 8-8 and you predict 12 wins?

You've seen our schedule this year right?

Edit: Derp. Just saw this was an older thread. In any event. It's still crazy talk.
    Each year is a different beast. Sure our two wins are against teams with a combined 1-5 record but what is the combined record of ATL and PIT? 1-5. Those two teams are supposed to be a major part of the "brutal" stretch of our schedule. We're not going to win 12 games but I'll be content with improvement week to week and if we finish at .500 I'd consider it a positive year.

Are you kidding? Weeb and Parcells may have something to say

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    Why are you a Rex critic. He is hands down the best coach we have ever had and he is still learning the job. I just dont see the Rex hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptable View Post
    Let's be fair.... We did not eek out a win against the Bills... We dominated that game. We only let them back into it to then take the lead again.... The fact that we won the first game when we needed to and should have at least tied the game in NE. This team is much better then their scores. In reality, the defense has to start making turnovers... But the second fact that we have scored more points then our opponents with a horrible turnover ratio only shows the improvement that they can make.
    Thats a GREAT point, you just DO NOT win games in this league with 20 penalties for 168 yards & minus 2 in the TO department!
    If I'm a Bills fan coming out of that game, I'm like, "what in the hell just happened?, how was it possible for us to lose that game?" lol
    Doesn't bode well for the Bills for the next meeting in Buffalo considering 20 penalties will be highly unlikely & Geno should be even better by then.

Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    8-8 would be great???

You young kids don't even know how to root for you own team. It's preseason. WTF? Yay Yay! Lets go .500!!! Go Jets GO!

What a bunch of puzzys.
    Ha well if most of fans who doubted geno, were told geno would start the season right out of gate the expert jet fans would have said 5 wins would be overachievment.. Now that geno is surprising the many doubters the bar is suddenly raised without admitting being a pussssy/ geno hater.. The stupid polls that asked how many wins it would take for Rex to save his job, most said 8. And that was counting on Sanchez starting like that was better option lol.. Funny Rex would consider 8-8 a failure even with rookie qb and many new players.. That's what is great about Rex, he has team convinced they should and can beat anybody.. He didn't come to podium after pats game happy to barely lose to pats at their home, he was pissed as fukk and that's what u want to see in a HC..

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Are you kidding? Weeb and Parcells may have something to say
    Parcells is why we lost out on Peyton manning.. He left jets in a mess when he bolted and thought he was handing off job to bellicheat.. That surely backfired..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptable View Post
    As long as we improve every game we should make it interesting in Dec.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Each year is a different beast. Sure our two wins are against teams with a combined 1-5 record but what is the combined record of ATL and PIT? 1-5. Those two teams are supposed to be a major part of the "brutal" stretch of our schedule. We're not going to win 12 games but I'll be content with improvement week to week and if we finish at .500 I'd consider it a positive year.
    Those are two very proud franchises. And that's what concerns me. I don't expect either one of those games to be anywhere near easy.