Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Prediction: 2013 Jets will have best record of Ryan era

But But But... Have you SEEN the schedule?!

I mean... The SCHEDULE!

NOT THE SCHEDULE!!!!

And the POWER RANKINGS!!! OH NO!!!

I haven'r read ONE post yet and say...NO WAY we win more than 11 games. If we win 10..THAT is something. We look good and can win 10.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    BUMP>>>>

We have a brutal schedule coming up and have only beat two teams with a combined win total of 1. However, I'm still sticking with what I said back at the end of July: This team will have the best record of the Rex Ryan era.

Any more takers yet?
    A lil early to bump this thread and toot your own horn bud.....

Too much football left to be played...

I stated it already, I believe we can go 10-3 the rest of the way.

As crazy as it might sound... If this defense plays the way I think they will play.... No QB nor team scare me. We will be in EVERY game. It ultimately all falls on Geno on how far this team can go..

IF he improves every game, continues to put up big plays/pts WHILE protecting the ball... Sky's the limit

Quote Originally Posted by requiem View Post
    I stated it already, I believe we can go 10-3 the rest of the way.

As crazy as it might sound... If this defense plays the way I think they will play.... No QB nor team scare me. We will be in EVERY game. It ultimately all falls on Geno on how far this team can go..

IF he improves every game, continues to put up big plays/pts WHILE protecting the ball... Sky's the limit
    You're on crack

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You're on crack
    Am I?

Do not underestimate a dominant DL to go along with a good OL and 'explosive' offense. The Giants won 2 superbowls with that same exact recipe. I do not care if you're Brady, Manning or Brees. If there is constant pressure up the middle, you will have a bad day. IMO our DL is that dominant and disruptive. We still haven't witnessed it at full-strength.

We've been turning the ball over and not creating turn overs. That will start to change.

Geno will get better.

Nothing is guaranteed, especially this year, but I love where this team is headed and how it's built.
    Last edited by requiem; 09-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Am I?

Do not underestimate a dominant DL to go along with a good OL and 'explosive' offense. The Giants won 2 superbowls with that same exact recipe. I do not care if you're Brady, Manning or Brees. If there is constant pressure up the middle, you will have a bad day. IMO our DL is that dominant and disruptive. We still haven't witnessed it at full-strength.

We've been turning the ball over and not creating turn overs. That will start to change.

Geno will get better.

Nothing is guaranteed, especially this year, but I love where this team is headed and how it's built.
    I agree with the theory you are presenting, but the Jets already played the Patsies once and they never even ruffled a hair on Brady's head. So what you are saying is not true of this team.

So, yes, if you win at the LOS, odds are you win the game. But it isn't guaranteed. This is to say nothing about a -6 turnover differential already this season. That inevitably says if that trend continues you will start to lose the vast majority of your games.

I agree with the theory you are presenting, but the Jets already played the Patsies once and they never even ruffled a hair on Brady's head. So what you are saying is not true of this team.

So, yes, if you win at the LOS, odds are you win the game. But it isn't guaranteed. This is to say nothing about a -6 turnover differential already this season. That inevitably says if that trend continues you will start to lose the vast majority of your games.
    You do not need to sack them to disrupt them. Brady looked pedestrian. Dropped balls or not.

You do not need to sack them to disrupt them. Brady looked pedestrian. Dropped balls or not.
    The Jets LOST.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The argumentative side of me wants to have you specify best Regular Season record ... Unless you are also predicting we go to the big dance. Any of us I'm sure would pick 9-7 & lose in AFC Championship game as being a better end of year record to 13-3 and losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.

The Jets LOST.
    Ok, now put my entire post together.

Ok, now put my entire post together.

I agree with that. The Jets defense can keep them in almost every game. Not all of them like you say, but very close. Then you say it is up to Geno Smith? Say hello to 8 turnovers in 3 games and a -6 turnover margin.

You're also stuck in first gear. It does not matter if you win in the trenches against a team like the Patsies, you must HIT Brady early and often. The Jets never did it and they lost. That is why saying that the Jets will go 10-3 the rest of the way is preposterous.

I agree with that. The Jets defense can keep them in almost every game. Not all of them like you say, but very close. Then you say it is up to Geno Smith? Say hello to 8 turnovers in 3 games and a -6 turnover margin.

You're also stuck in first gear. It does not matter if you win in the trenches against a team like the Patsies, you must HIT Brady early and often. The Jets never did it and they lost. That is why saying that the Jets will go 10-3 the rest of the way is preposterous.
    I want to make sure we're on the same page. Are you saying the Jets lost to the Patriots because they didn't hit Brady?

I want to make sure we're on the same page. Are you saying the Jets lost to the Patriots because they didn't hit Brady?
    Yes, I do. It is certainly one of the reasons. Geno actually played well in that game. You couldn't expect much more from a rookie starting his second game as a pro.

Everyone knows how you beat Brady. It has been talked about for years now:

1) Hit Brady early and often. As a result his accuracy will suffer.

2) Force him into some bad throws or strip sack him. Generate a turnover or two.

Well, the defense did none of that. Brady was spot on with his accuracy the entire game and it would not have been so close if the Patsy receivers did not drop so many passes. Passes, I might add, that were not defended well. They were not dropped because of good defense, they were dropped due to a loss in concentration and no chemistry.

Trust me, it pains me to say that about the Jets defense. They simply do not generate enough turnovers. And you could not actually say that you have not wondered WHY the Jets defense is not generating turnovers? The defensive front seven is so dominant this season that there's no reason why they should not have generated more turnovers.

If you think that is crazy, just know I think it is equally crazy to say the Jets will go 10-3 the rest of the way. Like I said already, if you follow turnover margin, just by looking at that you can determine good and bad teams. -6 does not bode well if the trend continues throughout the season.