Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice 7/29

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Go back and look at the amount of reps Mark got when Brunnell and Tebow were here. It wasnt even close, some days it was 3:1.
    Then you never went to early days of camp. They alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Seriously dude you gotta stop with this whole cancel the qb competition thing. What reports are saying geno is comfortably ahead, other than the ones in your head? How is Geno "soundly outplaying" Sanchez? Geno supposedly throws a prettier ball than Markso far, so lets cancel the competition, take Mark out back and shoot him, and prepare Geno's HOF bust. We're four practices into camp....cool your friggin jets.

I want the best guy to win the job, and it might take more than 4 practices to prove it.

Either Mark Sanchez beat you up everyday in middle school or you actually are Geno Smith bc the amount of Sanhez hate and Geno manlove (or mancrust) you have is disturbing. To quote another poster on this board, "GOOD GRIEF!"
    I agree. There is no context to these tweets. What plays are being called for Smith and Sanchez. Is one getting more short intermediate throws, the other more outs and bombs? Is Rex calling more blitzes to one versus the other? Zone...Man, coverage. Ill wait till preseason to make my judgement, or if they decide for me earlier then so be it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Seriously dude you gotta stop with this whole cancel the qb competition thing. What reports are saying geno is comfortably ahead, other than the ones in your head? How is Geno "soundly outplaying" Sanchez? Geno supposedly throws a prettier ball than Markso far, so lets cancel the competition, take Mark out back and shoot him, and prepare Geno's HOF bust. We're four practices into camp....cool your friggin jets.

I want the best guy to win the job, and it might take more than 4 practices to prove it.

Either Mark Sanchez beat you up everyday in middle school or you actually are Geno Smith bc the amount of Sanhez hate and Geno manlove (or mancrust) you have is disturbing. To quote another poster on this board, "GOOD GRIEF!"
    +1

I haven't seen anywhere other than in the post you mention the idea that Smith is "soundly ahead". We have have what, 3 whole practices at this point? I am as down on Sanchez as the next guy and I would even go as far as to say that Smith wins on any tie but the only thing I heave heard is that Smith looks further along than expected and in fact they are pretty close at this point. Pretty close for a rookie when measured against a four year guy is pretty good but it is not "soundly ahead".

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If you actually believe Geno would get twice the number of reps if he was named the starter.

That would make you wrong.
    On the first day of training camp in Colts camp Andrew luck threw 34 passes.

The sooner we can Name a starter and get him those reps the better.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...-training-camp

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Again, they're close, which bodes well for Geno and probably locks up the job IMO but if you read MM, who doesn't seem concerned over snaps and other nonsense that fans dream up, one has to pull away before a pick is made.

Hall Of Fame
    Then you never went to early days of camp. They alternate.
    Really? Sanchez and Brunnell alternated, and received the same amount of reps in camp?

It's hard to gauge the pass rush since you can hit the QB. Coples was great in run support however, and his athleticism is not the problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    On the first day of training camp in Colts camp Andrew luck threw 34 passes.

The sooner we can Name a starter and get him those reps the better.

You don't think they both can get 30 reps in a practice?

Hall Of Fame
    You don't think they both can get 30 reps in a practice?
    Not in a 2 hour practice.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Really? Sanchez and Brunnell alternated, and received the same amount of reps in camp?
    At this point of camp, yes.

They each get more than enough reps, thats the point.

They're not naming a starter to make a bunch of internet dweebs happy. No matter how many reasons people make up. Get over it already.

Hall Of Fame
    At this point of camp, yes.

They each get more than enough reps, thats the point.

They're not naming a starter to make a bunch of internet dweebs happy. No matter how many reasons people make up. Get over it already.
    I am fine with it. I just pointed out you were wrong about a starter not getting more reps than the back up in camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Hey, Rex, how's Stephen Hill doing, looking more polished? "Because he's doing so well, I'm not going to comment on Stephen," he jokes.

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Cromartie says he's been impressed with the way Geno has picked up the offense #NYJ

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    On the first day of training camp in Colts camp Andrew luck threw 34 passes. The sooner we can Name a starter and get him those reps the better.

Well that makes sense because the only 2 qb's were Luck and Hilton both rookies..

Anybody who wants Geno to start based on Mark's production is either nuts or totally shortsighted.

The fact that Geno may be "better than Sanchez" does NOT mean he should be the starter. We're not talking about a seasoned veteran here -- he's a rookie, and until the CS thinks he's ready to lead this team he should not be named starter.

I'd MUCH rather see Sanchez go out and take more lumps than rush Smith in there before he's ready . . .

All League
    Yeah, I want the best guy to start, but that can't be based on " because I hate Sanchez."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Anybody who wants Geno to start based on Mark's production is either nuts or totally shortsighted.

The fact that Geno may be "better than Sanchez" does NOT mean he should be the starter. We're not talking about a seasoned veteran here -- he's a rookie, and until the CS thinks he's ready to lead this team he should not be named starter.

I'd MUCH rather see Sanchez go out and take more lumps than rush Smith in there before he's ready . . .
    If Geno continues to outplay Sanchez, then you start him.

Period.

Sanchez is in his 5th year and seemingly can't even hold off a rookie from taking his job.

All Pro

It isn't 1980 anymore.

6 rookies started Week 1 in the NFL last season. Of course Geno should start if he's better than Sanchez.

i used to agree, as we watched chad sit for 3 years. but the nfl has changed and one important quality a qb must have is the ability to process an offense quickly.

Banned
    For all of the hate and negativity that Heath Evans gets from us Jets fans, which he deserves, he just said on the NFL Network that if Rex can motivate the team he expects us to finish 2nd in the division to the Patriots.