Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 153

Thread: Practice 7/29

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    Sanchez threw a TD to Kerley earlier and got half a tweet from one person.

    Sanchez just threw an INT looking for Gates and 5 full tweets pop up about it. LOL.
    That was in 7 on 7s, the team drills (11 on 11) is what the focus should be on.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    Sanchez threw a TD to Kerley earlier and got half a tweet from one person.

    Sanchez just threw an INT looking for Gates and 5 full tweets pop up about it. LOL.
    He threw another pick earlier in 1-on-1 drills as well which means it was against NO PASS RUSH.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    They need to start favoring Geno now and give him the majority of the reps. This charade that the coaching staff is putting on needs to stop now. Its genos team. Let him have it and get all 1st team reps moving forward.
    You can't run a team like that.

    Even if they plan on giving it to Geno anyway, you must give the other players the perception that he earned it, just as they can earn their spots.

    Clearly they want to make a decision quickly, but I don't see them doing it until after the first preseason game at the earliest.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That was in 7 on 7s, the team drills (11 on 11) is what the focus should be on.
    He just threw one in 11-on-11.

    Threw one earlier in 1-on-1 drills.

  5. #45
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I think the Jets should just name Geno starter tomorrow. By all accounts he is ahead in terms of athleticism, big play ability, throwing ability especially deep, and has shown leadership. Needs work on footwork, breaking from the huddle it seems. He will get better at those things with repetiion. He needs ALL 1st team reps. If Sanchez has not separated at this point so early he never will. Give Geno the reps and start the next era. He's going to win anyway, why delay?
    No way. Even though he may know he's ahead, he may not know. So why hand him the keys to the lambo? make him drive the Cavalier for TC so he's pushing to get better everyday. This isn't about naming a starter in TC, it's about getting the most out of everyone based on a competition.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I think the Jets should just name Geno starter tomorrow. By all accounts he is ahead in terms of athleticism, big play ability, throwing ability especially deep, and has shown leadership. Needs work on footwork, breaking from the huddle it seems. He will get better at those things with repetiion. He needs ALL 1st team reps. If Sanchez has not separated at this point so early he never will. Give Geno the reps and start the next era. He's going to win anyway, why delay?
    Because other than making you happy how does it help to name him the starter today?

    And maybe the coaches think preseason games are somewhat important?

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just been to our camp on NFL network, Heath Evans is at camp and he just tore us a new one.

    Said he has not heard one pad pop from our backs, very little physicality from the RB position, feels we will not be able to run the ball as effectively as everyone believes based on what he sees.

    Also shat all over our receiving core again, stating countless times there is a lack of talent.

    But the biggest shocker I heard was that Coples looks "out of place" at OLB in his words, he said when you compare him to pace on the other side it's night and day the difference.

    Also said Coples lacks the physical ability to make the transition which is garbage IMO.

    Only positive was he gushed about Geno and said Sanchez has it tough to hold the job when you look at Geno's arm strength.

    Hate this pats homer, prove this douch wrong fellas. Anyone else happen to catch it?

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Final QB stats: Smith, with starters, goes 5-for-10, 2 sacks, 2 drops. Holding ball too long. Sanchez 3-for-6, 1 INT, 1 sack. Ugh. #Jets

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Not a good day for passing game. Lot of drops: Cumberland, Gates, H Smith. #Jets

    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    QBs: Geno was 5 of 10, 2 sacks, 2 drops,1 TD. Sanchez 3 of 6, 1 INT, 1 sack #NYJ

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    But the biggest shocker I heard was that Coples looks "out of place" at OLB in his words, he said when you compare him to pace on the other side it's night and day the difference.
    I agree. He 290 lbs. hes not an outside linebacker.

    i remember early in Sean Ellis's career we moved him inside for a season. He was not very effective and the next year he went back to playing on the outside.

    I have a feeling this is what will happen w/ couples. Hes not a permanent solution at OLB.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I agree. He 290 lbs. hes not an outside linebacker.

    i remember early in Sean Ellis's career we moved him inside for a season. He was not very effective and the next year he went back to playing on the outside.

    I have a feeling this is what will happen w/ couples. Hes not a permanent solution at OLB.
    Well if Sean Ellis could move to the inside of the line for a season it makes sense that Coples can't make the transition to OLB.

    Guys like A Thomas who made the moved be damned, doesn't work.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    Most likely waiting to make sure our qb's go injury free through camp. He won't make opening day.
    I mean I can't believe they let him stick around for a whole year on IR with a boo boo on his thumb

  13. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I agree. He 290 lbs. hes not an outside linebacker.

    i remember early in Sean Ellis's career we moved him inside for a season. He was not very effective and the next year he went back to playing on the outside.

    I have a feeling this is what will happen w/ couples. Hes not a permanent solution at OLB.
    There may be a case that he isn't a fit based on his weight, coverage skills etc, however the analysis given by Heath was inaccurate.

    He proclaimed he isn't a fit due to technical and athletic ability which we all know is total BS.

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Just been to our camp on NFL network, Heath Evans is at camp and he just tore us a new one.

    Said he has not heard one pad pop from our backs, very little physicality from the RB position, feels we will not be able to run the ball as effectively as everyone believes based on what he sees.

    Also shat all over our receiving core again, stating countless times there is a lack of talent.

    But the biggest shocker I heard was that Coples looks "out of place" at OLB in his words, he said when you compare him to pace on the other side it's night and day the difference.

    Also said Coples lacks the physical ability to make the transition which is garbage IMO.

    Only positive was he gushed about Geno and said Sanchez has it tough to hold the job when you look at Geno's arm strength.

    Hate this pats homer, prove this douch wrong fellas. Anyone else happen to catch it?
    Just felt like he had an agenda and was just bashing the Jets because that is the thing to do. Will be interesting to see if Pat and Tim echo what they said. Sounds like Sanchez starting to struggle. Geno needs reps, he has likely done enough to earn it already.

  15. #55
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Just been to our camp on NFL network, Heath Evans is at camp and he just tore us a new one.

    Said he has not heard one pad pop from our backs, very little physicality from the RB position, feels we will not be able to run the ball as effectively as everyone believes based on what he sees.

    Also shat all over our receiving core again, stating countless times there is a lack of talent.

    But the biggest shocker I heard was that Coples looks "out of place" at OLB in his words, he said when you compare him to pace on the other side it's night and day the difference.

    Also said Coples lacks the physical ability to make the transition which is garbage IMO.

    Only positive was he gushed about Geno and said Sanchez has it tough to hold the job when you look at Geno's arm strength.

    Hate this pats homer, prove this douch wrong fellas. Anyone else happen to catch it?
    Didn't see the piece, but sounds like a fair critique based on what we know of the roster.

    At RB, Ivory is the only guy who runs with any kind of power. The Jets have finesse backs this year, it is what it is.

    WR - we knew the deal already, though the group receives a talent boost if Holmes is able to play sooner than later.

    Coples - this worries me too. Hated the decision when Rex made it, and unless Coples surprises I'll probably hate it throughout the season. He just doesn't look like a LB to me. Not saying he can't do it, but he doesn't strike me as a guy who will play well in space.

  16. #56
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because other than making you happy how does it help to name him the starter today?

    And maybe the coaches think preseason games are somewhat important?
    It helps by giving him twice the reps so he can improve quicker. Was that a serious question?

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    It helps by giving him twice the reps so he can improve quicker. Was that a serious question?
    the flip side is, he hasn't shown enough to have actually earned the starting job. that's how they view it.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I agree. He 290 lbs. hes not an outside linebacker.

    i remember early in Sean Ellis's career we moved him inside for a season. He was not very effective and the next year he went back to playing on the outside.

    I have a feeling this is what will happen w/ couples. Hes not a permanent solution at OLB.
    He's not intended to be a traditional OLB. He is going to move around the line in different spots to use his atheticism, not going to be asked to hold the edge on a running down. I trust Rex over Heath Evans about a million to one.

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Just felt like he had an agenda and was just bashing the Jets because that is the thing to do. Will be interesting to see if Pat and Tim echo what they said. Sounds like Sanchez starting to struggle. Geno needs reps, he has likely done enough to earn it already.
    Glad someone else saw it, your totally right everything he said had absolutely no basis, just a pathetic attempt to be as critical and controversial as he could.

    I can take some heat on the receivers etc but his critical stance on the physicality of the backs and Coples lack of athleticism nearly led to my fist going through the laptop screen.

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    He's not intended to be a traditional OLB. He is going to move around the line in different spots to use his atheticism, not going to be asked to hold the edge on a running down. I trust Rex over Heath Evans about a million to one.
    I agree that it's all in the way he is utilized. Guess we have to see it in action.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us