Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: HEADS UP: SiriusXM at Jets Camp Today

  1. #1

    HEADS UP: SiriusXM at Jets Camp Today

    Pat Ryan and Tim Kirwan are at Jets camp from 3 to 7 EST, 12-4 PST. There is always a lot of good stuff in their training camp visits especially from Ryan and Kirwan who have not visited the Jets in a couple years. Should be good. Interesting to see their impression of the QB battle since they have been very pro-Sanchez so far.

  2. #2
    Anyone been listening? Just wondering if there as been any new insight compared to what we've heard from beat writers and NFLN.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Anyone been listening? Just wondering if there as been any new insight compared to what we've heard from beat writers and NFLN.
    "Geno Smith, great spin on the ball, excellent arm, never see the laces after it comes out of his hand, can't say the same for Sanchez"

    "Smith looks great with no rush, when pressure applied not sure where to go with the ball...but that's purely inexperience".

    The more I hear, it's just a matter of time before Sanchez is headed to the CFL.

    "Not fair to predict nothing but misery in 2013. The Defense will be nasty. This Richardson kid can just "dip and rip", look for many more 4-3 looks, and they should be able to generate a real nice pass rush without a blitz".

    Speaking highly of Brian Winters and Austin Howard ("pretty darn good"), speaking highly of BOTH lines.

    Spent time with the WR's, lot of question marks, key is Holmes, but "saw him get off the bike with a definite limp". Like what was seen out of Gates, "Adds another dimension".

  4. #4
    The liked Hill too but kept going on and on about Holmes one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

    They wouldn't come right out and say it, but they thought Geno was better had to put that little bit about him making decisions in the pocket. That will improve dramatically with reps which he needs more of.

    MM was very neutral, said nice things about Mark (mainly the two ACFCG myth) but seemed to say he thought Geno was more talented.

    Weren't sure about Coples until Rex told him that he would be played like Suggs and then they got on board.

    Barring disasters in pre-season games Geno is starting. They said Mark still seems to lack confidence.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The liked Hill too but kept going on and on about Holmes one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

    They wouldn't come right out and say it, but they thought Geno was better had to put that little bit about him making decisions in the pocket. That will improve dramatically with reps which he needs more of.

    MM was very neutral, said nice things about Mark (mainly the two ACFCG myth) but seemed to say he thought Geno was more talented.

    Weren't sure about Coples until Rex told him that he would be played like Suggs and then they got on board.

    Barring disasters in pre-season games Geno is starting. They said Mark still seems to lack confidence.
    Thanks for the update, was able to listen today.

  6. #6
    Mark lacks confidence because he knows that he never had the Talent to be an NFL QB to begin with.

    He's just a career COLLEGE QB who was fortunate to end up on a team in 2009 and 2010 that didn't exactly need him to win games for them more often than not.

    Am I being too harsh? I don't think so.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Mark lacks confidence because he knows that he never had the Talent to be an NFL QB to begin with.

    He's just a career COLLEGE QB who was fortunate to end up on a team in 2009 and 2010 that didn't exactly need him to win games for them more often than not.

    Am I being too harsh? I don't think so.
    No I don't think so either. When you watch the little video we have been able to see it is instantly obvious how much better Geno is throwing the ball than Sanchez. When you couple that with the fact that he seems to be well ahead of schedule in learning the playbook (Evan said he might be ahead of Sanchez in this area) you realize that Sanchez was a function of Pete Carroll and USC. Mark is probably a third or fourth round talent. Reasonable back uo but no more. Geno is going to make teams regret not taking him #1 overall.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,648
    Honestly, after 2013, where do you see Sanchez ending up? Seriously. Career backup?

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,176
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Honestly, after 2013, where do you see Sanchez ending up? Seriously. Career backup?
    I think he will get one more shot in a competition somewhere. There is always a coach that thinks he can fix someone. But a career backup is the likely scenario and that is nothing to be ashamed of. He has made plenty of money.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Pat Ryan and Tim Kirwan are at Jets camp from 3 to 7 EST, 12-4 PST. There is always a lot of good stuff in their training camp visits especially from Ryan and Kirwan who have not visited the Jets in a couple years. Should be good. Interesting to see their impression of the QB battle since they have been very pro-Sanchez so far.
    It's Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan. You had me thinking for a second that the best backup QB in Jets history was there. But no.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think he will get one more shot in a competition somewhere. There is always a coach that thinks he can fix someone. But a career backup is the likely scenario and that is nothing to be ashamed of. He has stolen plenty of money.
    FIXED.


    Mark certainly made off like a bandit here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us