Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K-Ro's (7/29) Morning Training Camp Report!

K-Ro's (7/29) Morning Training Camp Report!

Hey guys, I'll post the morning one now, and add the afternoon practice later on.

- Got a chance to meet and get autographs from Coples and Wilkerson. I'm still a college kid so I can get away with asking. Was sadly the only fan to point out who Coples/Wilkerson were by face as they had their jerseys off. Wilkerson promised he'll get on that all pro list this year.

- Kerley looked great again. Caught 3 or 4 touchdowns. His lack of height is a bit of an issue as you saw a ball go through his hands as it was a little high for him. However, he was the dominant WR, and was open on every play. Expecting a big year for him.

- Hill caught one really nice touchdown in the back of the endzone. He shows flashes of brilliance. He got open pretty easily, and he caught it with his hands. On a 25 yard ball. However, I didn't see him make another play, or get a ball thrown to him the rest of the practice. Kinda looked invisible at times. He's actually a pretty outgoing kid.. Not diva like, but always joking around.

- Winslow was in full.. They played him with the 3's today.. A bit with the ones. Caught everything thrown to him, and was too good for the 3's.

- Once again Simms>McElroy. Simms made a great pass to Cumberland.

- Cumberland has looked solid these past few days. His speed isn't what it was pre achilles injury, but he has nice hands.

- Clyde Gates once again was really good. Caught everything at him and can fly.

- McKnight looked out of shape.. Unfortunately.. Had his helmet off huffing and puffing, and Thurman isn't a fan of his.

- Our HB's suck. Powell looked like garbage. McKnight was a little better. Griffin was the most impressive HB. He's a little slow but he has some nice cuts and runs hard.

- Spadola deserves to make this roster. Only UDFA that is making noise.

- Ben Abamonu was caught not running his route hard on a fly route. Cost Geno an incomplete pass.

- Geno once again outshine Sanchez. Sanchez made a few great passes but when the pressure came you saw Sanchez look scared. Threw a terrible into intended for Clyde on a slant route. Missed him by 3 yards.

- Geno had some great passes. Threw 3 TD's in the redzone to Kerley, all great passes. One had the crowd really going... A 15 yard out route he slung to Kerley in the corner. Another post route to Hill that I mentioned before was a beauty. His mobility is huge in the pocket as well.. I saw him make a nice scramble and hit Reuland in the flats as well as Cumberland. He likes throwing to the TE.

- Bush looked GREAT. Read Sanchez's pass and had a great diving swat on a 8 yard in route. Made a couple nice plays. Jarrett was the 2nd best safety outside of Bush.

- Demario Davis made some nice plays in the run game. Caught Powell a few yards behind the line.

- Harris looked real slow. Cumberland beat him on multiple occasions.

- Our run D was great again. Wilkerson/Richardson/Coples is impossible to defend. The CB/S blitzes are back.

- Cro was the only standout corner. We need Milliner to step up, our WR's were outdueling them.

- Ivory didn't practice nor did Braylon.

That's all I really remember now, any questions just ask!

Hall Of Fame
    Good breakdown, but I dont think there is an afternoon practice.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Good breakdown, but I dont think there is an afternoon practice.

Are you sure? Because there's already no practice tomorrow. That'd really tick me off.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Are you sure? Because there's already no practice tomorrow. That'd really tick me off.
    Pretty sure they did away two-a-days in the last collective bargaining agreement.

All League
    Good stuff. Good to hear some positives about Josh Bush, need a guy who can centerfield, been missing that the past few years since Rhodes has been gone. Hopefully he can fill those shoes.

Pretty sure they did away two-a-days in the last collective bargaining agreement.
    Nope, there's just a limit to them I believe. Yesterday was supposed to be a 2 a day, but they cancelled it for the rain. Tomorrow they have off. Today is a 2 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Good stuff. Good to hear some positives about Josh Bush, need a guy who can centerfield, been missing that the past few years since Rhodes has been gone. Hopefully he can fill those shoes.

Jarrett really impressed me with his hits the last 2 days as well. Much more of a SS however. Bush is definitely the FS of the bunch. Made a few ball hawk plays.

Landry has been really underwhelming.

god mcknight is such a scrub.

Hall Of Fame
    Nope, there's just a limit to them I believe. Yesterday was supposed to be a 2 a day, but they cancelled it for the rain. Tomorrow they have off. Today is a 2 a day.
    LOL....ok but you might be a little lonely out there. What time does this second practice start?

LOL....ok but you might be a little lonely out there. What time does this second practice start?
    3:30-5:30.

I just want to point out that my Highschool practices were and my College practices are a LOT harder than these. The first team really doesn't have to do much.

Hey guys, I'll post the morning one now, and add the afternoon practice later on.

- Got a chance to meet and get autographs from Coples and Wilkerson. I'm still a college kid so I can get away with asking. Was sadly the only fan to point out who Coples/Wilkerson were by face as they had their jerseys off. Wilkerson promised he'll get on that all pro list this year.

- Kerley looked great again. Caught 3 or 4 touchdowns. His lack of height is a bit of an issue as you saw a ball go through his hands as it was a little high for him. However, he was the dominant WR, and was open on every play. Expecting a big year for him.

- Hill caught one really nice touchdown in the back of the endzone. He shows flashes of brilliance. He got open pretty easily, and he caught it with his hands. On a 25 yard ball. However, I didn't see him make another play, or get a ball thrown to him the rest of the practice. Kinda looked invisible at times. He's actually a pretty outgoing kid.. Not diva like, but always joking around.

- Winslow was in full.. They played him with the 3's today.. A bit with the ones. Caught everything thrown to him, and was too good for the 3's.

- Once again Simms>McElroy. Simms made a great pass to Cumberland.

- Cumberland has looked solid these past few days. His speed isn't what it was pre achilles injury, but he has nice hands.

- Clyde Gates once again was really good. Caught everything at him and can fly.

- McKnight looked out of shape.. Unfortunately.. Had his helmet off huffing and puffing, and Thurman isn't a fan of his.

- Our HB's suck. Powell looked like garbage. McKnight was a little better. Griffin was the most impressive HB. He's a little slow but he has some nice cuts and runs hard.

- Spadola deserves to make this roster. Only UDFA that is making noise.

- Ben Abamonu was caught not running his route hard on a fly route. Cost Geno an incomplete pass.

- Geno once again outshine Sanchez. Sanchez made a few great passes but when the pressure came you saw Sanchez look scared. Threw a terrible into intended for Clyde on a slant route. Missed him by 3 yards.

- Geno had some great passes. Threw 3 TD's in the redzone to Kerley, all great passes. One had the crowd really going... A 15 yard out route he slung to Kerley in the corner. Another post route to Hill that I mentioned before was a beauty. His mobility is huge in the pocket as well.. I saw him make a nice scramble and hit Reuland in the flats as well as Cumberland. He likes throwing to the TE.

- Bush looked GREAT. Read Sanchez's pass and had a great diving swat on a 8 yard in route. Made a couple nice plays. Jarrett was the 2nd best safety outside of Bush.

- Demario Davis made some nice plays in the run game. Caught Powell a few yards behind the line.

- Harris looked real slow. Cumberland beat him on multiple occasions.

- Our run D was great again. Wilkerson/Richardson/Coples is impossible to defend. The CB/S blitzes are back.

- Cro was the only standout corner. We need Milliner to step up, our WR's were outdueling them.

- Ivory didn't practice nor did Braylon.

That's all I really remember now, any questions just ask!
    why is mcknight out of shape? isn't this the year he's playing for another contract?

Hall Of Fame
    OK, keep us posted.

Hall Of Fame
    OK, keep us posted.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was a huge fan of David Harris. Now, besides Holmes I'm ready to move on from him next.

Since he got paid, he's done nothing but gain weight and slow down.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    god mcknight is such a scrub.
    Be careful. There is an army of McKnight apologists/fanbois who just love to jump all over any posts that are critical of him.

Maybe mean old Dennis Thurman made him run too hard. If he did not puke than he is on the upswing here.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I was a huge fan of David Harris. Now, besides Holmes I'm ready to move on from him next.

Since he got paid, he's done nothing but gain weight and slow down.
    is it weight or is he just slow?

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    why is mcknight out of shape? isn't this the year he's playing for another contract?

You'd have to ask McKnight that LOL. But I'm one of the biggest McKnight supporters out their. I was a big fan of his coming out, and lead the Start McKnight campaign last year. Kinda unfortunate to see him out their out of shape. He was the only player with his helmet off huffing and puffing. Saw Lynn yelling at him as well. He has the most talent of any healthy running back practicing. He should be returning punts as well. Kerley fair catches everything.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Not sure. Probably correlate with each other though.

Demario is our best ILB.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Both