Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: K-Ro's (7/29) Morning Training Camp Report!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I suppose that's what we'll have to tell ourselves. I also wonder what impact it will have when Ivory is in there.

Ducasse is such a disgrace. What a terrible pick.

Glad to hear pass protection has been pretty good (although the pessimist in me is thinking maybe we just have a terrible pass rush again.)
    with the guard depth they have and position battles elsewhere i'd be surprised if ducasse makes it past the first round of cuts. besides he has zero position versatility, can't play center or tackle either.

All League
    Anything on Brian Winters?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    with the guard depth they have and position battles elsewhere i'd be surprised if ducasse makes it past the first round of cuts. besides he has zero position versatility, can't play center or tackle either.
    Agree, I would rather give that roster spot to Freeman who is a legit back up center and can play some guard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    I just want to point out that my Highschool practices were and my College practices are a LOT harder than these. The first team really doesn't have to do much.
    LOL your high school practices were about 2-3 hours maybe. Training camp is all day for these guys. And they move at a lot faster pace and get more done in their practice times.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Anything on Brian Winters?
    I heard that at least in individual drills hes looked impressive.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    um instead of some of you borderline killing each other...if you want info go to nfl.com and click on the jets page....I enjoy getting reports from fans but that site is more than suffice when it comes to information about training camp. I find it comical how some of you try to dissect every move in training camp and criticize them lol.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree....unless he does a massive turnaround which I doubt, I think this is his last training camp.....too many people better than him on the current squad.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    LOL your high school practices were about 2-3 hours maybe. Training camp is all day for these guys. And they move at a lot faster pace and get more done in their practice times.
    Last year in college I ran 4 a days. I could've done this practice today with my eyes closed. It's a pretty easy practice, and they got off tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    With the money that Holmes and Harris are making this year it's unreal that one might not play and the other seems to be going backwards. 2 of the highest paid guys on the team.
    Our 3 highest paid players are Sanchez, Holmes, and Harris...........

LOL

From the way things are going, Harris is going to be the only one that starts, and all 3 could be off of the team next year.

Last year in college I ran 4 a days. I could've done this practice today with my eyes closed. It's a pretty easy practice, and they got off tomorrow.
    LOL ok. Why aren't you practicing now?

Hall Of Fame
    cannot compare high school/college to the pros....I ran track at the univ of florida and was also a walk on to the football team and did not make the squad even though I was a standout in high school....my cousin reggie played backup wr for the gators...my other cousin kipp won a title with the Miami hurricanes and played 10 years in the league....he was number 77 wHen the ravens punked the giants in 2000. I'll be 46 on Thursday and at 6'0 220 I am running a 4.6 40 which is turtle like compared to my college and army days. I'm still fit as a fiddle but I can say with confidence that the nfl training camp is in another universe compared to college. NFL training camp is meant to be staggered and paced.

What makes you think they aren't working on things in the classrooms?!

And get over yourself! WTF?!

LOLZ

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Our 3 highest paid players are Sanchez, Holmes, and Harris...........

LOL

From the way things are going, Harris is going to be the only one that starts, and all 3 could be off of the team next year.
    Tons of picks and tons of cap space. Not that I'm giving up on 2013 but 2014 could be very exciting.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd bet you couldn't.

Is there any word on Ricky Sapp?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hall Of Fame
    no disrespect but these are the best athletes in the world...if you think you could hang you should be having a tryout.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Tons of picks and tons of cap space. Not that I'm giving up on 2013 but 2014 could be very exciting.
    And if they're decent this season? Build on it with this? interesting for sure.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm just puzzled at how people were trying to disagree with me saying Harris is looking slow or how McKnight looked out of shape. McKnight failed the conditioning test and Harris was slow last year. It's not really news.
    I also had read a report where McKnight cam in with a body fat that was too low and that he needs to get it up.

At the end of the day I agree with you that it does not really matter. He needs to be fit enough to make plays on a football field. If he has been given bad advice or if he has not done the required amount of work it really doesn't matter at this point. The requirements of training camp physical tests or the intensity of practices should not be coming as a surprise to him in year-4 of his career.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    What makes you think they aren't working on things in the classrooms?!

And get over yourself! WTF?!

LOLZ
    Should see how much of a douche he is in the draft forum.

"I know everything! I play college ball and break down tape!"

All Pro
    I don't know why everyone's mocking K-Ro about the practices being easy.

I'd bet 99% of NCAA practices are harder than NFL training camp practices.

Two hours? One a day? Pads twice a week? That's soft as hell. I'm not criticizing (these guys are so big and fast that they'd injure each other at an alarming rate if they were doing 3 a days in full pads) but he's defintiley correct.