Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: K-Ro's (7/29) Morning Training Camp Report!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Most "old timers" think they know more about sports because they can remember back to 62 while most younger fans are more knowledgable about the game. In terms of baseball, most old fans ignore key statistical components and only care about things like HRs and W/L while most younger fans understand that there are far better statistics to predict future success etc..

So just because Kro is "only" 20, it should not diminsh his reporting, although it may explain some of his responses.

This board needs more Kro's reporting from camp and less old farts that think they know it all because they sat through a few Jets games in 1973.
    I was refering to myself in 1962 at 18 I thought I knew it all.. Alot of teenagers feel that way.. BTW I did more then sit through a few games in 73 the first one was at the Polo grounds in 1960 when we beat the Bills 27-3.. If you read my post referring to Kro earlier I said his reports were appreciated and not to take any disagreements personally.. I'm surprised your not on the Tampa board by now..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    That's the vibe I've been getting. Appreciate it man thanks. And sorry for the typos, I'm typing on a shattered iPhone.
    Ignore them man, doing good work with your reports!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Ignore them man, doing good work with your reports!
    Agreed...keep it up!

Thanks K Ro.

Did Hayden Smith get any reps? How about Bohanan?

On the d line, did anyone flash outside of the big three (coples wilk and richardson)?

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Thanks K Ro.

On the d line, did anyone flash outside of the big three (coples wilk and richardson)?
    Smith didn't get a single rep. Or if he did he didn't get an opportunity to show anything.

Ellis/Harrison. Ellis got into the backfield and flustered Sanchez, and was great on run D.

Harrison was doing great in individuals. Was tossing Ducasse around like a rag doll like I said earlier. Has a nice spin move as well. Literally dominated him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Thanks K Ro.

Smith didn't get a single rep. Or if he did he didn't get an opportunity to show anything.

Ellis/Harrison. Ellis got into the backfield and flustered Sanchez, and was great on run D.

Harrison was doing great in individuals. Was tossing Ducasse around like a rag doll like I said earlier. Has a nice spin move as well. Literally dominated him though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Don't wanna say I'm disappointed, but didn't really do much worth noting.

Jarrett impressed me today and yesterday. Very good in run game and blitzing.

Bush has the ballhawk in him. Made a great play on Sanchez, and threw himself in front of the receiver for the deflection. I'd start Bush/Landry if it was up to me. Landry reminds me of Yeremiah Bell a bit.
    Interesting, thanks. Bush is definitely the most natural FS of the bunch, IMO, but Rex seems to prefer two SS types which may give Allen the edge. Good to hear that Jarrett is looking impressive - it would be great to land a talented young guy off the street.

Good work K-Ro....appreciate your efforts and analysis.... thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I was a huge fan of David Harris. Now, besides Holmes I'm ready to move on from him next.

Since he got paid, he's done nothing but gain weight and slow down.
    I'd love to see him move into a Scott type of role and be the guy that blows up the block to free up the other ILB. Won't happen because Rex is a bit of a fanboi when it comes to Harris.